Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Rd 2 - 10 November

St Newlyn East 5-0 North Petherwin

The game was effectively won by the Saints in a 10 min spell of the first half when they scored 3 goals.

With a minute's silence observed by both teams and the 80 strong crowd before the match due to the passing last Friday of Newlyn legend Kevin Polmounter it was only fitting that his son and Newlyn captain Ryan opened the scoring from the penalty spot on 25 mins.

Further goals from Liam Dent (3), and Matt Toms secured a resounding win for Newlyn on an emotional day.

St Newlyn East AFC would like to wish North Petherwin the best of luck in their season and thank them and their supporters for helping our club pay an appropiate tribute to a true clubman.

Got refereed by a complete clown!! Great game of football between two sides who really wanted to play football. You just know when a ref says he never makes a mistake that he he is going to have a mare and st ives had to pay £37-00 for the privilidge!!! Please dont let him near us again.

Anyway - St Ives a great set up and a decent team - think we deserved the win but he kept you in it. Stand by for the CCFA and Mr Manning

Yeah really enjoyed today Le boss it's clear your a good side but I hope we gave you as hard a game as anyone has this season. The ref as you say 37 quid is ridiculous. And as for the incident he may have got it right in the end but he had a mare on it and while we disnt get a goal against it defiantly riled your team into action for 5 minutes during which you got the decisive second. Not many chances all round today but a good game I thought anyhow.

Maker With Rame 0 v 3 Foxhole

On what was a quite wet pitch, Foxhole started well and scored twice in 20mins,both through Jamie Robinson, some silly tackles and off the ball incidents then started.

Foxhole kept up the pressure and eventually it paid off with Tom Grylls scoring to wrap up the game.

Good luck to Maker with Rame for the rest of the season.

Paul Bourton Man of the Match- James Bragg

Donkey of the Week - Calum Stuart

Guest BenTheYeti

Yeah really enjoyed today Le boss it's clear your a good side but I hope we gave you as hard a game as anyone has this season. The ref as you say 37 quid is ridiculous. And as for the incident he may have got it right in the end but he had a mare on it and while we disnt get a goal against it defiantly riled your team into action for 5 minutes during which you got the decisive second. Not many chances all round today but a good game I thought anyhow.

What happened Daggers?