Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures & Results - Sat November 10th 2012

Div 4

West Cornwall Reserves 4 - 2 Newlyn Non Athletico Reserves (HT 4-1)

Great start for West Cornwall, finding ourselves 3-0 within about 15 minutes but then for some reason we decided to take our foot off the gas. I'm not sure if we thought the game was already won but we let Newlyn back in at 3-1. Fortunately we scored our 4th before half time which pretty much killed the game.

Second half was not as exciting as the first, the pitch started to cut up which meant that neither team could get the ball down and retain possession for long spells. Newlyn got one back with about 15-20 minutes to go but from there we managed to close the game out.

All in all a good result for us but slightly disappointed that we dropped it a couple of gears too early on. Good bunch of lads at Newlyn, the game was played in the right spirit and very well reffed too.

To Phil Mitchell,

Thank you for your comments about our pitch, a lot of hard work and dedication goes into them and I for 1 am very proud for the club. I cannot and never will take full credit for them. 5 people work on them all week and this week I must say a massive thank you to both managers, Matt Harris & Kieran Leah for there help on Saturday morning forking both pitches and the players that also came down to the club to help. Without the forking the games would have not gone ahead.

Also a big thanks you to bigharrydave for coming down and inspecting the pitches at late notice. Thanks bud.

Hope all is well and everyone is asking for a pitchfork this Christmas so that on boxing day they can help out there Groundsman for the 10:30 KO!!!! Early start for some.

Mark

Who was the Wendron player who got sent off? And Wendron line up. Thank you

Dan Geach

Robin Watson

Lee Smith

Tom Heywood

Marc Blackmore

Adam Keenan

Josh Davis

Stephen Gummow

Luke Laity

Jack Ninnes (red card :( )

Matt Pellow

Sub - Dave Turber

Sub - Jake Preston

Was looking a decent game till the sending off. Can understand why the ref sent off our player, though theirs only got a yellow, both for involvement in the handbags mentioned above.

Div 4

West Cornwall Reserves 4 - 2 Newlyn Non Athletico Reserves (HT 4-1)

Great start for West Cornwall, finding ourselves 3-0 within about 15 minutes but then for some reason we decided to take our foot off the gas. I'm not sure if we thought the game was already won but we let Newlyn back in at 3-1. Fortunately we scored our 4th before half time which pretty much killed the game.

Second half was not as exciting as the first, the pitch started to cut up which meant that neither team could get the ball down and retain possession for long spells. Newlyn got one back with about 15-20 minutes to go but from there we managed to close the game out.

All in all a good result for us but slightly disappointed that we dropped it a couple of gears too early on. Good bunch of lads at Newlyn, the game was played in the right spirit and very well reffed too.

Well Jeff, you can imagine what we were feeling like after 10 mins (I'm sure your 3rd went in well inside 15 mins). No complaints about the final result, best team won - but we were happier with the last 80 mins as opposed to the first 10!! Your 2 young wingers were very good. Not only quick, but great first touch and control. You played the ball around nicely, and that is nice to see. Some of your cross-pitch passing was very good. Play the way you're facing. Communication. All very good. Whoever is running you/training you is doing a good job, and the players are listening. I think those youngsters will shift up a standard or two in the coming years.

Newlyn actually enjoyed the gmae. It was a good battle, conditions were not great, but we felt quite pleased with our own overall performance. You just out-shone us! And the ref did a great job too.

Who was the Wendron player who got sent off? And Wendron line up. Thank you

Dan Geach

Robin Watson

Lee Smith

Tom Heywood

Marc Blackmore

Adam Keenan

Josh Davis

Stephen Gummow

Luke Laity

Jack Ninnes (red card :( )

Matt Pellow

Sub - Dave Turber

Sub - Jake Preston

Was looking a decent game till the sending off. Can understand why the ref sent off our player, though theirs only got a yellow, both for involvement in the handbags mentioned above.

Cheers Shifty mate.

Well Jeff, you can imagine what we were feeling like after 10 mins (I'm sure your 3rd went in well inside 15 mins). No complaints about the final result, best team won - but we were happier with the last 80 mins as opposed to the first 10!! Your 2 young wingers were very good. Not only quick, but great first touch and control. You played the ball around nicely, and that is nice to see. Some of your cross-pitch passing was very good. Play the way you're facing. Communication. All very good. Whoever is running you/training you is doing a good job, and the players are listening. I think those youngsters will shift up a standard or two in the coming years.

Newlyn actually enjoyed the gmae. It was a good battle, conditions were not great, but we felt quite pleased with our own overall performance. You just out-shone us! And the ref did a great job too.

It was quite the start for us! If anything it made us too comfortable though which may be why we took our foot off the gas. You certainly upped your game after our initial spell of dominance which also had an affect.

Thanks for your kind words, we are very fortunate to have some good facilities and a top standard of coaching from Dan Inch for a club at our level, which helps our young players to develop and play the game in the proper way. We have lost our fair share of youngsters to a 'higher standard' of football over the last few years but fortunately we are able to keep bringing them through. We have also bought players through the reserve team and into the first team which is always great to see. We hope that this current group will develop together and help the club reach the higher standards of local football that we have lost players to previously as that has always been the long term goal, it requires some patience from everyone involved with the club but if and when we get there it will be that bit sweeter having helped take the club there through the leagues.

Glad you enjoyed the game, we're certainly looking forward to the return fixture.

Redruth Utd Res 4 Chacewater Res 1 h/t 3-0

good game played in good spirits well done chacewater for giving us a difficult game, sorry i missed you soccer follower I did'nt see you it might be the old age lol. well done to all the boys probably the best football we have played all season in the first half, competed, passed, showed desire and heart throughout even when chacewater came strong in the second half. well done lads!!

good game played in good spirits well done chacewater for giving us a difficult game, sorry i missed you soccer follower I did'nt see you it might be the old age lol. well done to all the boys probably the best football we have played all season in the first half, competed, passed, showed desire and heart throughout even when chacewater came strong in the second half. well done lads!!

Sorry Darren i did see you on the pitch mate but didn't stay long enough to really speak to anyone.Have been ill for a few days and only popped up to deliver something to the Club President who was watching the game.Spoke briefly to your "better half" then disappeared home again.

Catch you soon mate.

hello darren, long time no see. how you doing? by the way, alan tells me that he is the best buckley :P

hello darren, long time no see. how you doing? by the way, alan tells me that he is the best buckley :P

Guess what's Jason says ? Ha

Guess what's Jason says ? Ha

ALL QUALITY IN THERE OWN WAYS LONG LIVE THE BUCKLEYS :thumbsup::smiley20::yahoo: :drink:

Thanks Rappo still just about doing the business lol. Yes I am the best Buckley in more ways than one lol. Thanks mikey we do all have our own qualities we will live long and prosper and Cornish football is a better place with us all in it even though the years are now against us. These buckleys are nearly gone but we do have 2 more on the way watch this space Tyler and Sam are coming to dominate Cornish football and will be the best buckleys by far!!! Watch out Abbo they're coming for you lol