Newlyn Dolphins 0v8 Gwinear Churchtown Reserves

Newquay 4ths 9v1 Storm Reserves

Penwith Exiles 0v5 Trelander

Trevenson United Reserves 1v5 Helston Athletic 3rds

Troon 3rds 2v2 Mabe

Trelawney 2

Halsetown res 2-1 Madron

Madron scorer: johnny badcock

Halsetown scored both goals off my saves from 2 freekicks. Halsetown unlucky not to have a pen after i pulled the feet away from the striker and ref gave some weird decisions to both teams in the 2nd half.

Johnny badcock scored after we managed to put 3 passes together.

Well done halsetown

Guest smashing pumpkin

frogpool 4 - 2 wendron .

goal scorers for wendron tom heywood and steve gummow

goal scorers for frogpool, tom heywood own goal, martyn jay, mark "ten legs" taylor, and a nick lassiter penalty

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, November 11, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, November 11, 2012 - No reason given

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Not much to say on footy front......troon better team all game but couldn't score,passing all game lovely but no end product. Pendeen had 3 chances from crosses or corners and took there chances, other than that on back foot.played long ball and kicked all game. On that note they are a disgrace to the club!!!! Number 8 called Nathan just mouthed off all game and just tried to hurt players.....even giving it after game with sly comments,should easily been sent off. A supporter if ours got called an old bag,nice way to talk to a women,especially as she laid on food after game for you.

All game the whole team plus supporters were the same with comments and language, it was constant. Also regarding pitch bring shit, at least they got the game On.

And it gets worse but not gonna mention.

Would say good bunch and well played but would be lying!!!!!!

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Not much to say on footy front......troon better team all game but couldn't score,passing all game lovely but no end product. Pendeen had 3 chances from crosses or corners and took there chances, other than that on back foot.played long ball and kicked all game. On that note they are a disgrace to the club!!!! Number 8 called Nathan just mouthed off all game and just tried to hurt players.....even giving it after game with sly comments,should easily been sent off. A supporter if ours got called an old bag,nice way to talk to a women,especially as she laid on food after game for you.

All game the whole team plus supporters were the same with comments and language, it was constant. Also regarding pitch bring shit, at least they got the game On.

Also we are worst side they've ever played... LOL

Madron 1-4 st Ives mariners jubilee cup

Mariners finally get their first win of the season against a madron team that kept fighting to the end. Mariners dominated the game and should have scored a few more, all the best to madron for the rest of the season

Mariners goal scorers

Alan williams 2

Darren ball 1

Antony caddy 1

St Day 3rds v Mawnan res 3-3 (3-1ht)

Entertaining game to play in. Both teams battling hard throughout.mawnan with a bare 11. credit to St Days groundsman,both pitches look brilliant. 3-1 down at half time mawnan pulled it back for an entertaing last 5mins!!! St Day goalkeeper Ben Cook pulled off some outstanding saves and even a penalty save and then saved the rebound! probably Man of the match to be honest. The game was well refereed by a young Ciaran Barlow who was in control from start to finish and even dealt with some of the old moaners! (From both teams). Well done. another good game between both these teams. Mawnans MoM was Luke Symonds.

Mawnan goalscorers

Chris Wood x 2

Ryan Ohly

Trelawny Premier Result: Carharrack 6 Penzance Reserves 1

James Tregay x 3

Liam Bray x 2

Jamie Mitchell x 1

Good 3 points for the Red Army and moves us upto mid table.

CTB will give the report as he was at the match.

Yes but later.

Carharrack 6-1 Penzance

Mudbath of a pitch that got worse and worse.

Went in one down, then two. Pulled a goal back with a 35yd screamer from Will Southcott (For which I'll buy him a pint).

Conditions started to tell, midfield got tired, they brought on fresh legs and we faded away letting in 4 goals in last 25mins.

We kept going to the end with Ian Smith nagging the ref the whole match about the conditions. :)

Ref told me after the game if it had kept raining he would have called it off.

More detailed report to follow.

• trelawny 1
  • perranporth reserves 2 trevenson united 1
  • perran dominated the first 20 mins with some slick passing and good attacking play however in the final third it all went a bit wayward.Perran got their rewards after scott yendle was upended in the box and johnny williams smashed the resulting penalty straight down the middle.
  • 5 mins later the trevenson keeper was extremely lucky not to walk after taking out yendle on the edge of the box with a clear goalscoring oppurtunity
  • the following ten minutes saw perran looking to add to their advantage but after a neat spell from trevenson they equalised with a well taken effort.
  • HT 1-1
  • Trevenson came out in the second half with the bit between their teeth and for 25 minutes it was 50-50.Make no mistakes both teams battled real hard and some brutal challenges were flying.It was that important to both sides.
  • perranporth then went 2-1 up after some neat work by india bound sammy harper who fed the ball through for scottie yendle to finish.....in truth it was a lucky goal but they all count
  • perran then defended for their lives for the last 20 mins changing formation to 4-5-1 to try and soak up trevensons relentless pressure
  • Stand out performances from joE harper at centre back and johnny williams at centre back as they repelled wave after wave of desparate attacks
  • the game could be called a bloodbath but for the excellent refereeing from a young chap who failed to sign both team sheets...in all he did a real good job controlling both sets of aggressive players and i dof my hat to such a young man doing such a quality job
  • trevenson are a great bunch of lads unrecognisable from last years outfit bar one or two.Stayed for several beers after and in my opinion will easily be at least mid table come the end of the year...no 5 today was quality

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Got to love the totally unbias match report lol.

Before we go any further number wasnt called nathan.This was a very competetive game played in a field that wasnt really even fit for cows to graze on yes troon batttled well and had a lot of possesion (and if this is your starting 11 every wk im surprised your so far down the table)i think the conditiond suited troon better that an it did ourselves but Pendeen took the chances when they came our way to be fair had a lot more than three chances.Going back to the comment about our number 8 he is a physical tackler and he gave as good as he got your number 7,8 and i think number 3 were more than happy to try and kick lumps out of him so how is a player supposed to react to that.

As for the bad language and sarcy comments think you will find your manager was on about us being inbred and many other things even as we left a comment was thrown at us saying go home and do your sister which was quite amusing to be fair.At the end of the day Pendeen didnt play to greatly today which all the lads know for themselves but to grind out a result and win 3-0 proves why we are flying at the moment,good luck troon with that side im sure you can dig your way out the bottom 3 and look forward to you coming to play us.

DIV 5

CAMBORNE PARK. 0-0. ST.ERME

Ha ha no worries Erby!! I can wait a bit longer mate! Must admit I thought it was one of the best 0-0 draws I've ever played in! You guys are a cracking side no doubt, playing some lovely football. Just put a tenner on Utd at 0-2 down v Villa @ 8/1 and won £90!!! So I'm a betting man and you're Certs for promotion I reckon!!! Thought you had more of the possession and a young flyer in Jordan Knuckey down that right wing providing the service for Jason Fenton who is obviously a massive threat in the air. We had a little spell when Pete pulled off a great save from my free kick, thought it was odds on top corner when I bent it over your 6 foot wall! And from the resulting corner Carl Jolly's picture header was cleared off the line! Our keeper Denis "7 fingers" Fallowfield pulled off a few good reflex stops as well and it certainly wasn't a boring 0-0!!! Really well reffed by Mr Barry Mills, top bloke, good fun and let's it flow. A few hard tackles flying around the pitch but nothing malicious on the slippery surface. Two good sets of lads and a cracking game of footie!!! Very enjoyable afternoon! Cheers mate.

DIV 5

Ha ha no worries Erby!! I can wait a bit longer mate! Must admit I thought it was one of the best 0-0 draws I've ever played in! You guys are a cracking side no doubt, playing some lovely football. Just put a tenner on Utd at 0-2 down v Villa @ 8/1 and won £90!!! So I'm a betting man and you're Certs for promotion I reckon!!! Thought you had more of the possession and a young flyer in Jordan Knuckey down that right wing providing the service for Jason Fenton who is obviously a massive threat in the air. We had a little spell when Pete pulled off a great save from my free kick, thought it was odds on top corner when I bent it over your 6 foot wall! And from the resulting corner Carl Jolly's picture header was cleared off the line! Our keeper Denis "7 fingers" Fallowfield pulled off a few good reflex stops as well and it certainly wasn't a boring 0-0!!! Really well reffed by Mr Barry Mills, top bloke, good fun and let's it flow. A few hard tackles flying around the pitch but nothing malicious on the slippery surface. Two good sets of lads and a cracking game of footie!!! Very enjoyable afternoon! Cheers mate.

I agree, one of the best games you'll see without a goal and I still can't believe I saved your free kick, not bad for someone who doesn't play in goal.

Think both teams will be up there come March/April and could see both teams going up

Redruth Utd Res 4 Chacewater Res 1 h/t 3-0

Redruth totally dominated the first half and were well worth the three goals to be honest it should have been double that . a penalty miss and a couple of open goals not taken . Redruth took the lead when Matt Osbourne bundled in after his brother Andys shot was cleared off the line . they then doubled it when captain Tony Barber drilled home a low shot . Ryan Baber ended a good spell of football with a quality finish just before half time .

so 3-0 at half time and cruising then foot off pedal time and chacewater got back in it they brought on a forward at half time who must have been first team and he started to cause problems first hitting the post then scoring before forcing home keeper Chris Trail into a very good save from a free kick . Redruth did manage to weather the storm though and late on Simon Barrand found a perfect pass and Kevin Mitchell provided the finish to wrap it up .

overall i thought Chacewater were a decent side and the lad up front second half was outstanding . for Redruth Guy Johnson rolled back the years up front and Ryan Baber and Kyler Letcher had great performances . best of luck to Chacewater for the season

Newlyn Dolphins 0 Gwinear Res 8

Newlyn matched us all the way first half on an awkward pitch. HT 0.1. 2nd Half we played better and the goals came. Newlyn never gave up continued to threaten. Nice lads who made us very welcome at the pub after. Well reffed by Frank Burnell. See you at our place and all the best.

You would never know it Pete!!! Some save mate!! Was dipping in just lovely until your hand came out of nowhere!!! You had a hat-trick last week as well didnt you!??! Camborne lucky to have a club man like that bud! Good luck for the rest of the season, i miss the return game, im away up Scotland two weeks for xmas!!

Ps) Well done Wellsy, great win mate!! Management easy ain't it!!! ;-)

DIV 5

cheers rappo, totally agree only second ever 0-0 played in was really enjoyable and made great game you guys will be very tough to beat good shape and a fantastic goalkeeper who made some great saves, all in all a great game and real top bunch of blokes from st erme who along with our lads made it a great game to be a part of cheers rappo hopefully we,ll be there or there abouts

Exactly what happened and  yes our normal team......no wonder 1 of our players reacted,i would having RACIST abuse at me!!!!!!

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Before we go any further number wasnt called nathan.This was a very competetive game played in a field that wasnt really even fit for cows to graze on yes troon batttled well and had a lot of possesion (and if this is your starting 11 every wk im surprised your so far down the table)i think the conditiond suited troon better that an it did ourselves but Pendeen took the chances when they came our way to be fair had a lot more than three chances.Going back to the comment about our number 8 he is a physical tackler and he gave as good as he got your number 7,8 and i think number 3 were more than happy to try and kick lumps out of him so how is a player supposed to react to that.

As for the bad language and sarcy comments think you will find your manager was on about us being inbred and many other things even as we left a comment was thrown at us saying go home and do your sister which was quite amusing to be fair.At the end of the day Pendeen didnt play to greatly today which all the lads know for themselves but to grind out a result and win 3-0 proves why we are flying at the moment,good luck troon with that side im sure you can dig your way out the bottom 3 and look forward to you coming to play us.

You would never know it Pete!!! Some save mate!! Was dipping in just lovely until your hand came out of nowhere!!! You had a hat-trick last week as well didnt you!??! Camborne lucky to have a club man like that bud! Good luck for the rest of the season, i miss the return game, im away up Scotland two weeks for xmas!!

Ps) Well done Wellsy, great win mate!! Management easy ain't it!!! ;-)

Did indeed, I don't mind where I play tbh as there are players that don't play so I always count myself lucky to be in starting 11

Constantine 0-5 illogan

We were class today went down there thinking it was gonna be a very hard game. It was they could of went a few goals up ... Great result for us 30 points camannnnn.

Goal Scorers

Luke Abbott-smith 2

Steve Abbott-smith

Ian Cullingham

Gareth Pitt

Keep it going fellas clean sheet !!

Div 5

Trevenson 1 v Helston 5

Good result for us today against a trevenson side who were intent on trying to kick us off the park, some nasty challenges leaving us battered and bruised. trevenson had one sent off could of and should off been more. But fair play to our youngsters who got on and tried to play football and never reacted to what was going on.

5-1 up at half time, could not add to that in second half despite our best efforts.

3 points in the bag and hopefully enough fit players for next weekend against newquay!

Trevenson reserves have the potential to be a half decent side if they were to get rid of the few thugs they've got playing for them,i enjoy hard tackles and a competitive game but some of their boys were out to hurt us today and they succeeded, 2 players taken off injured and several more walking wounded. There should have been 3 reds at least. 3 points in the bag though and fully deserved

Marazion Res 6-1 Stithians Res

Started the game with a bang earning a penalty within 18 seconds when a Stithians defender handled in the box. Dale Vigus dispatched the spot kick, sending the keeper the wrong way. We soon doubled our lead when Sanjay lobbed the keeper from all of 30 yards. 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes but we struggled with our passing for the rest of the half on a wet pitch. After an inspired team talk by our captain JB (god he talks s***e) we started the second half better but it was Stithians that put the ball in the back of the net when our keeper saved the initial shot only to see a Stithians forward to react quickest to tap into an empty net. This was probably their first meaningful attack. Our two goal advantage was soon restored when Dale slotted home his second spot kick after another handball. This seemed to spur us on and we added further goals through Liam Mooney (although he did his best to miss from all of 3 yards) and a close range blast from Craig Rennard. Dale completed his hat trick with the final kick of the game when Stithains failed to clear a corner and he scooped the ball into he roof of the net from close range. To be fair to Stithains they battled til the final whistle and the game was played in good spirits.

Eric Sleeman

James Burlingham (Scott James)

Adam Martin

Adam Caul

Jamie Mooney

Sanjay 1 (Steve Hunt)

Matt Thomas

Dale Vigus 3

Craig Rennard 1

Liam Mooney 1

Jason O'Sullivan (Mark Hampton)

MOM Dale Hat trick Vigus

D**k of the day Liam Mooney (Missing from 1 yard)

Exactly what happened and yes our normal team......no wonder 1 of our players reacted,i would having RACIST abuse at me!!!!!!

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Racism seriously mate stop talking absolute rubbish for a start all your players are white!!!!!!!Just except the fact you lost very serious sour grapes im sensing here.

Exactly what happened and yes our normal team......no wonder 1 of our players reacted,i would having RACIST abuse at me!!!!!!

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Troon res 0- 3 Pendeen

Racism seriously mate stop talking absolute rubbish for a start all your players are white!!!!!!!Just except the fact you lost very serious sour grapes im sensing here.

not a good game sour grapes manup troon if you had won it would be a diffrent story before you write anything get your brain in gear first Racism where did that come from hard luck to troon didnt take your chances and pendeen only had 3 chances really must have seen a different game to the one i seen well done to the ref who i think did a good job
Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Halsetown Reserves 2 - 1 Madron

Alas, this will be my last match report (for some time), so I'll try and make it a good'un..

After the trials and tribulations of the last few weeks, the inevitable happened.. we found ourselves with 18 players to choose from, which then became about 30 when the first team game got called off! However, the manager clearly lost his marbles and decided to stick with a usual starting 11, including a recall for him between the sticks after his recent foray into the lofty heights of Division 1.

With a lot of local fixtures falling foul of the weather, it was no surprise that the skies above St Ives Rugby Club were rather apocalyptic, but the pitch was in good condition and both teams looked to get the ball down and play. Unfortunately, we decided not to start playing until about 2.50, by which time Madron had two great chances. The first a great lob which left the Yeti floundering around like a dying swan, luckily the pitch isn't as flat as it looks and the last bounce took the ball off at a 90 degree angle to clip the outside of the post. The second a well worked break which was (luckily) fired near the keeper's reach and parried away.

With the Halsetown manager getting proper fiery (I think he swore more than even Alan Davenport.. truly astounding) on the touchline, we got our act together and actually started getting passes to within 2 yards of each other. One such pass, from the "cultured" left foot of Josh Chandler on his return (by cultured, I mean it has fungus growing on it), was taken down so expertly by "The Cat" (who, in a desperate ploy to show he hadn't been on the ale the previous night, was at the ground and changed into his kit by 1.15pm!) it looked inevitable he would score, only for the Madron keeper to come flying out of goal and block the chance (Great save charmlar1!)

However, we were not to be denied, and as mentioned above, a deflected freekick which again was brilliantly saved by my opposite number, fell to Jeff Robinson who had to conjure up a truly spectacular finish to be able to score from 35.... centimetres for his first goal of the season (I've heard about it 3 times already)

True to our form of the last 267 years, we duly let Madron back into the game, and another lightning fast break left the striker, clearly wearing boots with 4x4 wheels on them, such was his pace on the slippery terrain, bursting past Alex Pryce and leaving the goalie in familiar territory (no man's land) with a rifled shot into the corner.

HT 1-1

The second half seemed to swap the roles of the teams over slightly, with Madron pressing high up the pitch, and Halsetown looking to hit on the break. Unfortunately, the referee clearly felt somewhat neglected he hadn't been the centre of attention for all of 3 minutes, and with the whistle blowing every 47 seconds, the game lost some of it's fluidity.

The first real chance fell once more to The Cat, who has obviously been watching Strictly Come Dancing on his nights in instead of drinking St Austell Brewery dry, as he waltzed, tangoed and fox trotted past 4 Madron defenders, only for his shot to be once again well saved.

Once more we took the lead, as a free kick routine straight off the training ground (I'm not sure whose training ground..) resulted in a parried shot falling to Regi Price to bundle home from half the distance of our first goal.

Madron threw everything at us for the last 10 minutes, and apart from the aforementioned penalty incident (I spoke to the ref after the game and he "explained" to me that he was "80% sure it was a penalty, but I didn't see the keepers hand pull the striker over".. interesting one), we were hanging on with Gareth Clifton-Dey proving exceptional in getting in the way of literally everything.. I guess it helps when you're wider than most! Madron had one clear cut chance with 5 minutes to go, but the shot was expertly saved by my left testicle and we hung on to the 3 points, and I hung on to my manhood.

All in all, a good, hard fought win and credit to Madron who were unlucky not to get more out of the game.

Adieu

Guest BenTheYeti

Why's it your last report Ben? Always enjoy yours and Pittys reports!! Quality stuff mate! ;-)

Thanks Mark, it gives me something to do between shifts at work on a Sunday!

Yesterday was my last game for Halsetown, so we shall see what the future holds..

frogpool 4 - 2 wendron .

goal scorers for wendron tom heywood and steve gummow

goal scorers for frogpool, tom heywood own goal, martyn jay, mark "ten legs" taylor, and a nick lassiter penalty

Scrappy game on the most part. Most of the goals came from set pieces. Few dubious decisions from an over zealous referee, including a very soft red card. Frogpool toiled the better in the opening stages, took an early lead with an own goal. Wendron pegged them back with a great corner routine (looked like one direct from the training ground) before immediately handing the initiative back to the home side (with the afore-mentioned red card). The game suffered as a result. On the whole an even game but frogpool the more clinical and raced into a 4-1 lead. Wendron pulled back a consolation with a superb 25 yard strike after a quick thrown in. Too little too late; as the referee blew his whistle with Matt Pellow one-on-one inside the opposition penalty area.

Lively affair that would've benefitted from 90 minutes of even numbers.

Clipper Bar Inn 0 - 7 Ludgvan Reserves.....

A game which was dominated by Ludgvan for the majority..... However with all respect to Clipper Bar they had their chances and at times tested us.If it wasn't for the Clipper Keeper who made several top stops to keep the scoreline down if it wasn't for him it could've been double figures for Ludgvan.... All the best to Clipper Look forward to playing you next Saturday at home.

Man of the Match: Clipper Goalkeeper

Frogpool 4 Wendron 2

A feisty game between two good sides . Wendron were physical from the first whistle and Frogpool needed to match them as this was key to the game. Frogpool took the lead when a corner was flicked goal wards by Will Harvey and the Wendron defended deflected it into his own goal. Wendron made it one each from a corner and their tall centre back jumped and headed home from the back post.

Then James Ribery jinked past a few Wendron players and was brought down by Mark Blackmore. Then a scuffle between Blackmore and Lasseter resulted in a ruck which was in keeping with the tense atmosphere to the game. A small ruck between both sets of players developed , a the Wendron striker ran over and rugby tackled the Frogpool captain . To be fair both should of been either yellow carded or red carded but the ref sent the Wendron player off. This handed the advantage to Frogpool and they took it. Wendron kept going with Matty Pellow showing his class and dropping deep. The Wendron captain was a hard opponent as usual who loved a tackle and it was a good battle in the centre of midfield with Lasseter and Carter winning a lot of tackles. Martyn Jay grabbed the crucial second after being played in and scored with a hard low shot.

ten legs grabbed another goal to make it three before , a penalty was awarded after a push on a Frogpool player . The penalty was awarded but took ages to be taken as two Wendron players were booked for asking the ref what the pen was for. Lasseter side footed it into the corner of the goal after lots of comments from the Wendron players.

Wendron then scored a great individual goal with Stevie Gummow cutting in from the left and beating two and scoring a right foot shot in the top corner. Not many teams will beat Wendron so it was a good result , and they came back to the pub after, even though it was a bit of a sour game. So credit to them they were a good bunch of lads

Div 2

Culdrose Reserves 2 - 0 Threemilestone Reserves

A slim win for Culdrose played at an extremely wet and windy ' Bill Pearce Sports pavilions'. The first half chances that Culdrose created with the wind should have had them in a 4/5 nil lead by half time but poor finishing meant it was 0-0 at the break. The second half continued in the same way as the first with so many chances being created but not finished. On another day we would (and should!) have scored double figures but we had to rely on 2 late stonewall penalties to seal the win. The first one was won and finished by Adam Mc and the second was won after a great run into the box by Dazza who calmly slotted his first for the club!

Probably my last game to the middle of March so i will wish the fellas luck and keep the results and goals coming!

Guest BenTheYeti

Where do Clipper Bar play their home games? And best of luck wherever you go Ben, look forward to hearing more from " The Yeti" in the future mate!!! :-)

Why's it your last report Ben? Always enjoy yours and Pittys reports!! Quality stuff mate! ;-)

Thanks Mark, it gives me something to do between shifts at work on a Sunday!

Yesterday was my last game for Halsetown, so we shall see what the future holds..

Staying on as Secretary Ben?

Thanks mate I'm sure wherever I land, I'll be back on here talking nonsense sooner rather than later! I might have a few Saturday afternoon "adventures" if I'm not playing and try and conjure up some form of match reports.. it keeps me amused!

No I have stepped down as secretary too, currently, there is no one in the position, but I'm sure you'll here from me on here when (or if) I know more!