10 University 10 3 4 3 20 25 -5 13

11 Tots&Darts 9 3 1 5 26 26 0 10

12 Crediton 9 3 1 5 13 21 -8 10

13 Galmpton 9 3 0 6 13 22 -9 9

14 Appledore 8 2 1 5 14 18 -4 7

15 Plymstock 10 1 2 7 13 21 -8 5

16 Sidmouth 11 0 2 9 7 23 -16 2

---------------------------------------------------------------

Newquay gutted at 90+5min back heeled winner for Villa. 2 well matched sides going for it, a cracking game to watch,

Newquay suffering the loss of 2 players to retirement from the game, the 'keeper out to injury, another called in sick, 2 on holiday (really ?) and one moving upcountry, some week for Hoops trying to patch up his squad. In came Vercesi, Newquay having two Trelawny League Div 5 (4th team) subs on the bench.

Ref had a shocker, Linos were not much better, bad for both sides, you could tell that by the constant moaning from the away bench and couple of away fans (very poor showing). Quite where 5mins of injury time came from, just 3 subs and no injuries or help required from Physios.

Looking forward to the return match just after Xmas.

Wadebridge Town 1 - 4 Perranporth

Disappointed with the result, we felt we dominated possession 1st half and should have done more with it.

2nd half both teams pushed for opener. 3 goals in 5 mins for perranporth due to some lucklastre defending. 1st and 3rd goals were well taken. bridge pull one back, dan Jennings latching onto a loose ball and rounding the keeper. Game on, so we thought, an absolute belter from (name please) sealed the 3 points. The ball headed out from a corner and rifled into the top corner.

Continued to push to pull goals back but they didn't come. Congratulations to Perranporth for ending our winning run.

I think the score line flattered ivybridge. If it wasn't for the Ivy's keeper, it could have been 5 or 6. Well done to Stuart Dudley on getting a decent keeper at short notice, due to Ben Elphick giving himself to the dark side. Does that mean that Martin Piper is on his way!!!!

Fully agree, the Ivybridge Town keeper had an outstanding game and certainly kept the score respectable. What a total "whinger" the Ivybridge number 8 was. He qustioned every decision against him and was lucky to finish the game. Suggest he "man-ups", if he wants to play at this level.

Quite surprised to see Nathan Murphy in goal for "the ashes" today and thought he had a good game. Is Ben Elphick joining Plymouth Parkway a great loss, I'm not totally disappointed, as some of his handling of the ball was a little suspect anyway.

I think the score line flattered ivybridge. If it wasn't for the Ivy's keeper, it could have been 5 or 6. Well done to Stuart Dudley on getting a decent keeper at short notice, due to Ben Elphick giving himself to the dark side. Does that mean that Martin Piper is on his way!!!!

Thought that's what the keeper is there for!!

Cracking match at Penlee this afternoon where you wouldn't have thought it was bottom v next to top! Hobbs goal in 76th minute proved the decider.

Penzance 2 (Caspell, Mooney)

Bodmin Town 3 (Luxton, Chambers, Hobbs)

I would like to agree with your comments dave, also i would like to add what a pleasure it was to be involved in a game that was played in such good spirit. The banter on and off the pitch was excellent. i would like to congratulate my players on such a first class performance and also the Bodmin dug out who kept things entertaining between us.

well done lads you done penzance proud today, also good luck to Bodmin for the rest of the season, except when we have to visit Priory Park.

Lastly my apologies to Shane krac for nearly knocking him down in the car park before the game. My players are unhappy i didnt do a better job,

seiously though sorry mate.

John dent

After Bodmin went down to their shock midweek defeat, I think we all expected that struggling Penzance might feel the backlash.

However it wasn’t to be. Despite Penzance still looking for their first win of the season, and they’re now halfway through their League campaign, on this performance it surely can’t be too far away.

The game opened with Bodmin’s busy midfielder Shane Krac threatening the Magpies goal – ‘keeper Paul Williams saving his first effort, and then watching the second attempt a minute later bend past his right post.

Young striker Chris Luxton had a good chance to open the scoring for the visitors but mishit his shot, while at the other end and still in the opening ten minutes, Penzance skipper Bradley Wills had two attempts at goal from just outside the penalty area – his first blocked, his second deflected and not causing any trouble for Town’s experienced No.1 Kevin Miller.

With the game settling down after its lively start, the opening goal almost came as a surprise when eventually the champions edged in front with 31 minutes completed. A cross from the right by Craig Swiggs was headed on towards goal by Luxton and all Williams could do was to agonisingly watch the ball hit the upright and end up in the Penzance net.

Bodmin’s second came in first half stoppage time through Tom Chambers deflecting in Olly Brokenshire’s free-kick, and somehow there was still time for Lewis Caspell to keep Penzance in the contest with a goal all but straight from the restart.

The second half saw both sides go close to adding to the scoreline. Wills had a free-kick saved by Miller; a dangerous break by Bodmin saw Luxton shoot wide when the ball badly bobbled in front of him; Glyn Hobbs failed to beat Williams with the home keeper pushing the striker’s effort off target, Caspell should have doubled his goals tally for the match but shot wide, and on the hour the visitors’ Steve Colwell couldn’t get enough bend on the ball to sneak in at the far post.

Entering the last quarter and Penzance pulled back level with Dean Mooney’s downward header from an inswinging corner bouncing up into the roof of the Bodmin net.

There was no shock result though when Glyn Hobbs used all his strength to hold off a Penzance defender and this time make no mistake to hammer the ball pass Williams.

Penzance still weren’t dead though as Harry Corin shot on goal and Jeremy Blake got in a header, but neither troubled Miller. However, come the end, you got the feeling the visitors were relieved to hear the final whistle.

Penzance : Paul Williams, Ryan Williams, Callum George, Liam Andrew, Dean Mooney, Bradley Wills ©, Harry Corin, Ryan Andrew, Jeremy Blake, Joel McWilliams, Lewis Caspell. Subs : Jack Coleman, Matt Best, T Jay Lobb, James Oakley

Bodmin Town : Kevin Miller, Lee Doel, Huw Morgan, Tom Chambers, Steve Simmonds ©, Olly Brokenshire, Steve Colwell, Shane Krac, Glynn Hobbs, Chris Luxton, Craig Swiggs. Subs : Luke Hodge (on for Doel), Darren Gilbert.

Ref : Steve Nute

John - am I right in thinking there was just the one yellow card - for Jeremy Blake and then for something said rather than a bad tackle!

For a few more photos - go to CORNISH SOCCER Gallery

Went to watch Torpoint at Witheridge today, it was carnage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torpoint went 2-0 down, then brought it back to 2-2, Torpoint had a lad sent off for a two footed tackle which was never was it was a great tackle,then Torpoint brought it back to 3-3.

Witheridge had a penalty in the last seconds of the match to make it 4-3, after the Torpoint scorer who made it 3-3, brought down the Witheridge player for a penalty hero to villian in two minutes, but thats football. Also the Referee sent a Witheridge player off for pushing him

The referee had shocker and the linesman did not have a clue!!!!

Confused why St Austell team and officials did not stay for the food in the main clubhouse. I know at Western League that is a league fine. They did win! If there was a reason ....fair enough.

Boney

The St Austell team and officials couldn't stay as it was the engagement party for one of the players in the evening. Our secretary did explain the situation to the secretary during the week and said the players were going to go back to St Austell straight after the game. Under normal circumstances we would have gone back to your club after the game.

Mangotsfield United fan here in peace and I too would like to say well done to Penzance who, at 2-3, must have pushed Bodmin really close today in what sounds as if it was a great game. OK, I have only seen the recent Camelford game whilst on holiday in Cornwall the other week, but I thought then the Penzance lads really gave their all that night without any reward and it sounds as if they did the same again troday. I'll be continuing to keep an eye on the Magpies (and the rest of the Peninsula teams) from up here in Bristol as the season goes on & feel sure the barren run will end very soon. Come on You Magpies and well done Bodmin! :c: :c: :c:

(Not a great day for me otherwise - the Mangos lost 3-0 at home to Poole Town & Bristol City went to the bottom of the Championship without even playing!) :( :( :(

Just read Dave Deacon's Penzance report - I assume that Bodmin's Craig Swiggs is the son of Bradley Swiggs (and what a great player he was when playing for Liskeard and Saltash in the Western League!) ??

I believe Craig Swiggs is the son of Ronnie Swiggs, assistant manager at Bodmin Town.

After Bodmin went down to their shock midweek defeat, I think we all expected that struggling Penzance might feel the backlash.

However it wasn’t to be. Despite Penzance still looking for their first win of the season, and they’re now halfway through their League campaign, on this performance it surely can’t be too far away.

The game opened with Bodmin’s busy midfielder Shane Krac threatening the Magpies goal – ‘keeper Paul Williams saving his first effort, and then watching the second attempt a minute later bend past his right post.

Young striker Chris Luxton had a good chance to open the scoring for the visitors but mishit his shot, while at the other end and still in the opening ten minutes, Penzance skipper Bradley Wills had two attempts at goal from just outside the penalty area – his first blocked, his second deflected and not causing any trouble for Town’s experienced No.1 Kevin Miller.

With the game settling down after its lively start, the opening goal almost came as a surprise when eventually the champions edged in front with 31 minutes completed. A cross from the right by Craig Swiggs was headed on towards goal by Luxton and all Williams could do was to agonisingly watch the ball hit the upright and end up in the Penzance net.

Bodmin’s second came in first half stoppage time through Tom Chambers deflecting in Olly Brokenshire’s free-kick, and somehow there was still time for Lewis Caspell to keep Penzance in the contest with a goal all but straight from the restart.

The second half saw both sides go close to adding to the scoreline. Wills had a free-kick saved by Miller; a dangerous break by Bodmin saw Luxton shoot wide when the ball badly bobbled in front of him; Glyn Hobbs failed to beat Williams with the home keeper pushing the striker’s effort off target, Caspell should have doubled his goals tally for the match but shot wide, and on the hour the visitors’ Steve Colwell couldn’t get enough bend on the ball to sneak in at the far post.

Entering the last quarter and Penzance pulled back level with Dean Mooney’s downward header from an inswinging corner bouncing up into the roof of the Bodmin net.

There was no shock result though when Glyn Hobbs used all his strength to hold off a Penzance defender and this time make no mistake to hammer the ball pass Williams.

Penzance still weren’t dead though as Harry Corin shot on goal and Jeremy Blake got in a header, but neither troubled Miller. However, come the end, you got the feeling the visitors were relieved to hear the final whistle.

Penzance : Paul Williams, Ryan Williams, Callum George, Liam Andrew, Dean Mooney, Bradley Wills ©, Harry Corin, Ryan Andrew, Jeremy Blake, Joel McWilliams, Lewis Caspell. Subs : Jack Coleman, Matt Best, T Jay Lobb, James Oakley

Bodmin Town : Kevin Miller, Lee Doel, Huw Morgan, Tom Chambers, Steve Simmonds ©, Olly Brokenshire, Steve Colwell, Shane Krac, Glynn Hobbs, Chris Luxton, Craig Swiggs. Subs : Luke Hodge (on for Doel), Darren Gilbert.

Ref : Steve Nute

John - am I right in thinking there was just the one yellow card - for Jeremy Blake and then for something said rather than a bad tackle!

you are correct Dave only one booking and that for dissent

Cheers TG, guessed they had to be related in some way. Bradley was always a thorn in our side years ago in his Liskeard and Saltash days. I remember the Sunday Indie last season did a big article about him still playing in one of the Plymouth leagues, I think. Is he still playing this season? If I recall correctly, both Liskeard & Saltash left the Western League together around 1994-95 (?) because of all the travelling and for the next few seasons at least, they were sadly missed up here, I can tell you.

St Blazey 2v3 P. Parkway.

Great game of football. After watching some rubbish of late this was proper end to end stuff. St Blazey will be wondering how they lost this one. Parkway ahead earlier on with a free header before Bloomfield scored a cracking goal to make it 1-1 at half time. Parkway scored again with another free header and looked likely to make it 3-1. They didnt and St Blazey then hit the post and chances went begging before a scramble from a freekick made it 2-2. St Blazey then almost won it with Bloomfield going clear but Penhalligon made a good save. Then with seconds left a poor goalkick was headed straight back for the Parkway striker to slot home. Although we lost great end to end football. Good pace to it and both teams playing some good football. Pitch looked superb again which helped with the good football. Big away day in the vase next week.

Newquay gutted at 90+5min back heeled winner for Villa. 2 well matched sides going for it, a cracking game to watch,

Newquay suffering the loss of 2 players to retirement from the game, the 'keeper out to injury, another called in sick, 2 on holiday (really ?) and one moving upcountry, some week for Hoops trying to patch up his squad. In came Vercesi, Newquay having two Trelawny League Div 5 (4th team) subs on the bench.

Ref had a shocker, Linos were not much better, bad for both sides, you could tell that by the constant moaning from the away bench and couple of away fans (very poor showing). Quite where 5mins of injury time came from, just 3 subs and no injuries or help required from Physios.

Looking forward to the return match just after Xmas.

Nemesis, we look forward to welcoming yourself, your committee and supporters to Haye Road before New Year for the first time in the SWPL..... Very impressed with the facilities Newquay Football Club have to offer the Premier Division and the welcome your committee gave ours before, during and after the event..... As part of the very poor showing of Villa away fans today I have to disagree with your comment of constant moaning against the officials on our and our managements behalf..... Correct me if I am wrong but Newquay management, players and supporters probably had more to moan about than the half of dozen + Villa supporters and management..... Im 100% sure the referee had to stop the game to talk only to the Newquay bench, the linesman had to shout across the field of play to the same bench regards their conduct or his decision he had just made, then after the final whistle it was a Newquay person sent off after the match unhappy with the referee? As we both know from watching today these are only icolated incidents within a much enjoyable game and after all said and done both clubs I'm sure wish all the best to each other for the rest of the season!!!

Agreed Nick, we moaned too, I think the Lord Almighty might have had words with the officials too if he had to watch their performance. Silly comment to Ref at FT by one of the Newquay bench, not sure what he said but he was probably gutted as we all were. I have some pics of the game if you want some for your programme when we visit, email me at newquayafc@gmail.com and I'll sort some out.

Glad the Committee members that were at Mount Wise were welcoming, although Secretary Bob was on duty at Pendeen with the Ressies. Great game to watch, just needed officials to get things right more often than not, fair play for snatching the winner, although a draw would have been fair.

Our away support has varied from 25-40 on the road, if you take the 100 we had at St Austell on opening day out of the equation, Xmas holidays may mean we only bring 20 or so, we turn up early for food and drink but generally do not stay after the match (the supporters, not players). Looking forward to visiting a new ground, any decent pubs nearby ? Does your clubhouse have food/drink/footy on TV ?

Cheers

Nemesis.