Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Saturday 10-11-12

If you look at tomorrow's date like this 10-11-12, there will only be one more year that can happen this century. Next year on 11-12-13. After that I'll have to wait until 01-02-2103 which will read as 1-2-3. Don't think I'll be around mind as I would be 148 years old!

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Cornwall Combination League (2.30pm)

10th November 2012

Goonhavern Athletic (Paul Robertson 2, Marc Wilson) 3-0 Falmouth Town Reserves

Att - 32

Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen 3, Rob Bray, Ashley Kemp, Tom Butt, Simon Ellis) 7-1 Hayle Reserves (Andy James)

Att - 45

Ludgvan (Gerran James 2) 2-0 St Agnes

Att - 52

Penryn Athletic Reserves P-P St Ives Town

Perranwell (Rikki Smith 2, Matthew Lane 2, Sean Preston) 5-0 Holman SC

Att - 30

RNAS Culdrose (Jack Valentine, Stephen Hughes) 2-2 Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton 2)

Att - 15

St Day (Danny Ford 3, Ryan Trathen, Chris Tolley, Luke Leah, Gavin Boon, Terry Rowe) 8-0 Mullion

Att - 40

Wendron United (Ben Allen) 1-1 St Just (Jon Bird)

Att - 40

League Cup Preliminary Round (2pm)

Pendeen Rovers (Jamie Payne, Ashley Ellis, Luke May, OG) 4-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 35

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 14 11 1 2 43 20 23 34

2 PENDEEN ROVERS 12 9 2 1 36 12 24 29

3 ST DAY 14 9 2 3 43 23 20 29

4 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 14 8 2 4 38 26 12 26

5 ST IVES TOWN 12 6 6 0 34 15 19 24

6 MULLION 15 7 1 7 39 42 -3 22

7 PERRANWELL 14 6 3 5 33 22 11 21

8 ST AGNES 12 7 0 5 33 24 9 21

9 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 11 6 2 3 29 16 13 20

10 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 13 6 2 5 30 27 3 20

11 WENDRON UNITED 13 5 3 5 26 25 1 18

12 LUDGVAN 12 5 1 6 25 27 -2 16

13 HAYLE RESERVES 14 4 4 6 22 33 -11 16

14 RNAS CULDROSE 10 4 3 3 26 17 9 15

15 TROON 11 5 0 6 29 24 5 15

16 NEWQUAY RESERVES 14 3 3 8 23 39 -16 12

17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 17 3 2 12 27 61 -34 11

18 ST JUST 12 3 1 8 16 31 -15 10

19 HOLMAN SC 14 2 1 11 12 52 -37 7

20 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 12 1 1 10 19 50 -31 4

Culdrose 2 Porthleven 2

Porthleven played football very well in the first half and went 1-0 through a Gavin Perraton penalty. Less than 5 minutes after Culdrose pulled it back to 1-1 with a tidy shot from the edge of the 18 yard box. A lovely ball from Will Paul to Gavin allowed Gavin to round the keeper and slot away his second goal in the game (4 goals in 2 games). The second half was a lot scrappier and Culdrose soon equalised from another good strike. Great point for Porthleven today!

Perranwell 5-0 Holman Sports Club

Att 35

Apparently the last time we beat Perranwell away in the combination league was the 83-84 season. That was the year pound coins replaced pound notes, band aid went to number 1 with do they know its xmas the olympic games were held in LA and Ghostbusters the terminator and gremlins were showing at the cinema on top of that the only two players in the holmans line up who were actually on the planet at the time and not a twinkle in their parents eye was me and Wayne roufiniac who were 9 years old!!!! (Sam Eva and Charlie tasker were a scary minus 12) So we can safely say a win might have been about 12 on the ricter scale of improbability and no records were broken there today......well apart from our 'massive' 2 game unbeaten run!!!!

Falmouth town next week in the cup....I'm not looking at the stats anymore its far to scary :)

Good on ya, number 7, slamming in that rebound to get a deserved away point for the Tinners. Suspensions and injuries will be over soon and you will finish the season well above mid-table.......

With the best manager the Combo can provide and an improving set-up off the field, it's essential that the first team boys continue to get the levels of support from the whole club that gave us two Combo Cups, an Evely Cup and 80% top six finishes for a decade..

For club success, you need all the senior heads on the committee to continue thinking senior thoughts: otherwise you end up like Marazion.........

Shouldn't it be down to the clubs to liase with the referee on whether they want a minutes silence? The referee cannot be the one to blame if one didn't take place as I'm sure no referee would refuse if asked.

Also is it mandatory for the Respect Handshake to take place in Combo games? I know County Cup games are mandatory but never been told for Combo games.

Shouldn't it be down to the clubs to liase with the referee on whether they want a minutes silence? The referee cannot be the one to blame if one didn't take place as I'm sure no referee would refuse if asked.

Also is it mandatory for the Respect Handshake to take place in Combo games? I know County Cup games are mandatory but never been told for Combo games.

It is now mandatory for Combination and Trelawney league games to hold the respect handshake prior to the game, although still not carried out in the majority.

It is now mandatory for Combination and Trelawney league games to hold the respect handshake prior to the game, although still not carried out in the majority.

I've never seen any directive saying this though.

the Handshake should happen because it makes all the difference doesn't it??

Just means that you have 25 blokes/women standing up facing no one for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Having a handshake before a game is going to make no difference whatsoever. And thats from top of football to bottom.

I have no problem with the handshake before the game, I find amusing that you have face whichever side of the pitch it may be and there is 1 person there spectating. I would have just expected that respect to be paid to those in the armed forces yesterday, especially at Culdrose being a naval side. I heard their players asking the referee after the handshakes before the kick off about a minutes silence but didnt hear of a response. yes it was cold, wet and windy but i feel that respect should have been paid aswell.

Minutes silence held at the Underlane between Wendron and St Just.

Well contested match, both teams attempting to play good football in difficult conditions. St Just probably edged the game, but neither side were able to create many chances. Neil Curnow and the St Just number 12 wee their stand out players, whilst Jamie Gray was exceptional for Wendron. Ben Allen put Wendron 1 up just before half time with a well taken strike. After the home side failed to clear their lines, attempting to pass it out rather than a good old boot out, they conceded a penalty in injury time. Bird's spot kick was saved by Gray but the rebound fell kindly back to Bird who made no mistake second time round.

Thanks to St Just, good bunch of lads.

Minutes silence held at Vogue Park on Saturday on BOTH pitches. Combo v Mullion & Trelawny Div 3 v Mawnan res. We did as a club ask the referees to do this Alan Hoon & Ciaran Barlow, Both had no hesitation with saying yes. Alan signalled the start of the 1 minute silence and Ciaran signalled the end, well worked out.

Both teams did the respect handshake, got no comment on it, normally we as a club ask the ref to do it and leave it up to them. But as a club we always advise the ref that we would as a club like it done.

Hope all is well and everyone is asking for a pitchfork this Christmas so that on boxing day they can help out there Groundsman for the 10:30 KO!!!! Early start for some.

Mark

the handshakes at the start of the game are a bit embarrassing sometimes when you stand infront of one or two people, im all for respect towards the other team but if you want to shake hands at the end of the game crack on. felt a bit bad for the culdrose lads at the start of the game as they were already lined up on the centre circle waiting for a minutes silence which the ref wasnt interested in.

Gerens James seems to of found his goalscoring boots, potential Golden boot winner?

Dom will be at the top of charts again,

Their a few potentials tho

Danny ford on form at st day

Wade Brown at pendeen banging them in

Luke wort will always score goals as will

Jowan may, so could be a close one this year but my money on Dom his record speaks for its self

Gerens James seems to of found his goalscoring boots, potential Golden boot winner?

Dom will be at the top of charts again,

Their a few potentials tho

Danny ford on form at st day

Wade Brown at pendeen banging them in

Luke wort will always score goals as will

Jowan may, so could be a close one this year but my money on Dom his record speaks for its self

I believe Luke is now playing 1st team footy at Falmouth.