Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday Cup 2nd round draw

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we (Lostwithiel) turned up to Roche this morning to play our tie with Rock Inn only to find the place locked up with no sign of life. No phone call to let us know it was cancelled. Shameful really. Seriously loosing patience with this league as that's 2 weeks running the opposition team hasn't turned up!

Don't understand why Rock Inn didn't let you know, they posted on the Sunday League Facebook page last night that the game was off. Presumed they would have rung you. In all fairness it may have been a CSFL club but it wasn't a CSFL competition. Not sure the CSFL can be held responsible in this instance.

Camborne Park vs Shortlanesend - OFF

Shortlanesend unable to raise side

What's the situation with this game as we've got Camborne Park in the league next week? Normally Sunday Cup games that can't be played are automatically moved to the next week, but I guess this may be different if SLE were unable to raise a team. Unsure what the CCFA rules are on that.

If St Dennis are playing under the vets name surely players registered to play for them in the Sunday Cup should be registered to play for their Sunday Vets side? That's how it works with the other Sunday clubs, players registered with their Sunday club are available for selection for Sunday Cup games. Veteran teams can field a maximum of 4 players between 35-40, the rest must be over 40 so the minimum age you can be is 35 to be a registered Vet player. When did you turn 35 Lee? In fact when did half your players turn 35?

If St Dennis are playing under the vets name surely players registered to play for them in the Sunday Cup should be registered to play for their Sunday Vets side? That's how it works with the other Sunday clubs, players registered with their Sunday club are available for selection for Sunday Cup games. Veteran teams can field a maximum of 4 players between 35-40, the rest must be over 40 so the minimum age you can be is 35 to be a registered Vet player. When did you turn 35 Lee? In fact when did half your players turn 35?

Lee Collings is 35 mate. I know he's only 4ft tall and looks like 'Willow' but he is definitely that old...lol! I'll be there in just over 2 years!!!

8 Quid - Yeah after i posted it i did think it was probably directed at Lee Rickard. Looks like St Dennis Vets will be the team to beat in the competition! Last time i played in a sunday league side with Lee Ricks etc was for Queens Head and we had a great 5-0 win in the Sunday Cup final where we both scored!! Good memories.....we had a cracking side.

I've had 4 sunday cup finals and 4 wins but with 3 different teams, so this competition was always a happy one when i played sundays!!

Look at the draw on CCFA Dave and you will see we are entered as St Dennis Sunday, however we are playing the majority of our Veterans side and adding a few legs to aid us on our ailing way!! All players registered via CCFA.

3rd Round Draw

Blue Anchor v Saltash Old Boys

St Dennis v Camborne Park

Wendron Utd v Rock Inn

Troon v Luxulyan

All games to be played 6th January

Zzzzzzzzz I didn't realise there was a age restriction in the "Sunday cup" this isn't the vets league we're playing in, and as "I was onside" mentioned, most of the vets do play in this compition for St Dennis, 3 others and myself were already reinstated. Just gave the old timers the legs they needed lol :-)

No rules were broken and it was all above board.

Nice to have another home draw :) oh how I've missed Sunday football lol

Lee, the Sunday Cup rules require players to be registered for the club they are representing in the Sunday Cup. In all fairness when posting your result you did put down St Dennis Vets. Therefore to represent the vets you need to be a vet and you and quite a few of your players are some way off that. There is no age restriction in the Sunday Cup but that doesn't mean there aren't rules. St Dennis are clearly going all out to try and win it (fair enough, no point entering if you don't want to win the competition) as you've reinstated quite a few of the St Dennis First team squad. Best of luck in the competition.

Well we must be abidding to "the rules" because we Havnt broke any, I am registered to the club as a whole. The name of the side we entered in the compition hasn't really got anything to do with who should be registered to play or not, we could have entered as anything, we could have just entered as St Dennis, then we wouldnt be having this discussion, lol we may have entered as St Dennis vets because the majority of the vets do play, plus the 3 I wrote about, that's it, We should have entered as St, Dennis black cats lol there for will search the streets of st Dennis to find 11 black cats to play, for Example Saltash "old boys". like I said we are NOT breaking any rules so there really isn't much of a problem!!!!!!!

Like I said, best of luck in the competition. Be interesting to see who you can field in the semi final or final if & when you get there. As you are probably aware you can only reinstate twice and judging by the St Dennis player reinstatement dates there's an odds on chance you would have played your permitted number of senior games by then! Returning to the initial point regarding you going under the name St Dennis Vets, no one is accusing you of cheating, just pointing out that under Sunday Cup rules if you did happened to enter as the St Dennis Vets then only registered Vets players would be able to play. The phrase I'm looking for is "thou does protest to much".

Like I said, best of luck in the competition. Be interesting to see who you can field in the semi final or final if & when you get there. As you are probably aware you can only reinstate twice and judging by the St Dennis player reinstatement dates there's an odds on chance you would have played your permitted number of senior games by then! Returning to the initial point regarding you going under the name St Dennis Vets, no one is accusing you of cheating, just pointing out that under Sunday Cup rules if you did happened to enter as the St Dennis Vets then only registered Vets players would be able to play. The phrase I'm looking for is "thou does protest to much".

The phrase is thou doth protest too much, and as stated before entered as a seperate entity, St Dennis Sunday!

Look at the draw on CCFA Dave and you will see we are entered as St Dennis Sunday, however we are playing the majority of our Veterans side and adding a few legs to aid us on our ailing way!! All players registered via CCFA.

3rd Round Draw

Blue Anchor v Saltash Old Boys

Wendron Utd v Rock Inn

Troon v Luxulyan

All games to be played 6th January

It's Troon v Truro GWRSA or Luxulyan (this game fixtured for this Sunday)

they still got a quarter final against us write us off at your peril we were in decent sted after winning treble last season bigger the challenge bigger the response bring on st dennis

And best of luck to Camborne Park in the competition. Not taking sides. Hopefully the best side wins on the day. I did put IF & when they get there. Didn't presume is was a fore gone conclusion. I wouldn't let them think you were any good if I were you. They'll sign Xavi & Messi up just to make sure. Purely as St Dennis players though.

And best of luck to Camborne Park in the competition. Not taking sides. Hopefully the best side wins on the day. I did put IF & when they get there. Didn't presume is was a fore gone conclusion. I wouldn't let them think you were any good if I were you. They'll sign Xavi & Messi up just to make sure. Purely as St Dennis players though.

y dont u sign 4 st dennis next season then-if u cant beat them join them-as they say!!!

Some1 seems to be a litter bitter, the same 1st teamers will be playing in that game as they did sandy, that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I remember a few seasons ago wen queens head beat saltash up there when Alan evens played, on those shitty pitches behind kimberly, to go through to next round with a lot of the lads that play now plus a few quality players. Hopefully these two teams meet at some stage, will be interesting

Some1 seems to be a litter bitter, the same 1st teamers will be playing in that game as they did sandy, that's it.

I'm fairly positive the "names" that go down on the team sheet will be the same "names" that played in the last round. I'm also fairly positive St Dennis (Queens Head) were removed from the CSFL for names not matching the actual person playing, that and playing to many senior players.

Lesson learned then I'd say. But that wasn't the case, we were removed because of a game that took place at foxhole were Daniel Allen who came on for the final 5 mins in that game was actually a senior player (which we didn't no at the time) and that was only coz the commitee were pissed coz we kept winning everything and that was the solution to stop it :-) Lol so wasn't anything to do with corresponding names on a team sheet.

Oh and queens head is in st Stephans not st Dennis lol :-p

Cya Carolyn arms, maybe next year :-)

Bumdumbo you should maybe check your facts before coming on here making incorrect statements,all the senior players that played for the queens head were always reinstated & always on the team sheets also many teams asked to see the team sheet after the game & were given it to look at.The reason we were removed from the league was over the fact the csfl tried to change the rules on senior players midseason which they weren't able to do & the FA backed the queens head over the matter & we continued to field a side under the original rules,the csfl took exception to that hence we are no longer in the league.i would also like to add because of the csfl's very poor actions the league sponsor pulled his backing of the league.Maybe the csfl should look very closely at the players and team sheets over the last couple of seasons and the present season as it's a complete joke.With regards to the comments about the st.dennis team sheet why don't you just check the names with the ccfa but I'm sure all is above board & with all the rain all the reinstated players will still be able to play so I would of thought you are correct & the names on the sheet will be the same & CORRECT.People who don't like losing should put more effort in to fielding better sides rather than knocking people / teams that make the extra effort required to win leagues & cups.SIMPLES !

Bumdumbo you should maybe check your facts before coming on here making incorrect statements,all the senior players that played for the queens head were always reinstated & always on the team sheets also many teams asked to see the team sheet after the game & were given it to look at.The reason we were removed from the league was over the fact the csfl tried to change the rules on senior players midseason which they weren't able to do & the FA backed the queens head over the matter & we continued to field a side under the original rules,the csfl took exception to that hence we are no longer in the league.i would also like to add because of the csfl's very poor actions the league sponsor pulled his backing of the league.Maybe the csfl should look very closely at the players and team sheets over the last couple of seasons and the present season as it's a complete joke.With regards to the comments about the st.dennis team sheet why don't you just check the names with the ccfa but I'm sure all is above board & with all the rain all the reinstated players will still be able to play so I would of thought you are correct & the names on the sheet will be the same & CORRECT.People who don't like losing should put more effort in to fielding better sides rather than knocking people / teams that make the extra effort required to win leagues & cups.SIMPLES !

Was there when the FA phoned the then sponsor of the csfl and asked for the trophies back that the Queens Head had won the previous season (all of em) and his reply was that he had never been involved with anything so blatenly biaised against one side and that he didnt want his name or that of his company associated with the csfl and that the trophies would be staying at the Queens Head as they had his companies name all over them, since that time I believe that the league has withered away to 8 teams!

This Sunday (6th Jan) sees the quarter finals of the Sunday Cup;

Blue Anchor v Saltash OB

Wendron Utd v Rock INn

Next Sunday (13th Jan) is the other quarter final;

Troon v Truro GWRSA or Luxulyan

All 10:30 KO

Some good ties!!

Can someone confirm that GWRSA v Luxulyan is still on. Don't want a wasted journey.

Ta.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="L.Ricks9" data-cid="226916" data-time="1357476588"><p>

St Dennis 9-0 Camborne park<br />

<br />

Saints goals :<br />

<br />

Chris Truscott<br />

Stu Bell<br />

Lee Rickard (6)<br />

Neil Dudley<br />

<br />

Credit to Camborne who turned up with 9 and still made the journey, fair play.</p></blockquote>

Doesn't boy Rickard play senior footy..? Either way how the hell can Camborne park turn up with 9men at this state of the comp??!!! Few hangovers I'm thinking...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="L.Ricks9" data-cid="226916" data-time="1357476588"><p>

<br />

<br />

Chris Truscott<br />

Stu Bell<br />

Lee Rickard (6)<br />

Neil Dudley<br />

<br />

Credit to Camborne who turned up with 9 and still made the journey, fair play.</p></blockquote>

Doesn't boy Rickard play senior footy..? Either way how the hell can Camborne park turn up with 9men at this state of the comp??!!! Few hangovers I'm thinking...

<br />

<br />

Chris Truscott<br />

Stu Bell<br />

Lee Rickard (6)<br />

Neil Dudley<br />

<br />

Give Camborne their due, they didnt stop trying all game, it was 0-0 for 20 minutes and then another 20 minutes before we scored again, they played it in a great spirit and hopefully enjoyed the game, they did end the game with 10 men incuding a reluctant linesman and a one legged keeper! Good luck to them for the rest of their season x