Cornwall Football Forum

No money being paid at st teath either lads!! All the boys are playing because they enjoy it! I think this just goes to show that the top boys in the league(st teath Roche etc) don't need to pay to attract the players ! It's all about the club up here can't speak for Roche but if babos says they ain't paying that's good enough for me!! Can't wait for the game Saturday !!

You simply cannot pay players in this standard, it ruins it anyway players get greedy, and all of a sudden think there better than they are cos a few quid is flying around, clubs ain't got the money coming back in either, lack of support etc, I think the teams mentioned here are genuine, with no money flying about, I think money at all levels is out of control if the truth was known, lots of clubs chasing dreams that will cripple them one day.

You simply cannot pay players in this standard, it ruins it anyway players get greedy, and all of a sudden think there better than they are cos a few quid is flying around, clubs ain't got the money coming back in either, lack of support etc, I think the teams mentioned here are genuine, with no money flying about, I think money at all levels is out of control if the truth was known, lots of clubs chasing dreams that will cripple them one day.

Its crippling them NOW!!!!

Its crippling them NOW!!!!

your not wrong there, the money going out just doesn't make sense, the prize money is not great in higher leagues, probably less than players expenses for a month, but still happening, that's why this league needs to keep it real, and not pay out

Yeah, giving people money to do something they love in one of the poorest places in Western Europe, disgraceful, eh ? Give it all to the FA instead: they really care about the victims of recession, don't they ? Look how may of their illuminati turn out to be Tory politcians, donors or fellow travellers.

What's the going rate for a star man in the Combo now ? Bet it's dropping !

Loved the message on Hayle Viaduct : "WAKE UP SHEEP" !

Don't go voting for Clegg, saviour of the coalition, again, will you, my ansums ? :c: :c: :yahoo:

St day will b the first club to spend thousands to finish top 5. What's maty thinking £50 for Justin plus 1500 to sign on. 40 for terry god knows what dayers had an poor old Gendell in goal's on a tener. Crazy!!!!!

where did you here that to mate alot of money for a game of football

Dave Youlden who plays for Bude must have been telling me porky pies then apples and pears!!

Dave Youldon is on at least £40 a game! But they are also paying other players - billy Hopcroft is on £4.25 but the one who got the good deal was Wes Pugh, he brings home £10 a game with a £50 goal bonus... And he has been putting some worldies away this season.

Dave Youlden who plays for Bude must have been telling me porky pies then apples and pears!!

Dave Youldon is on at least £40 a game! But they are also paying other players - billy Hopcroft is on £4.25 but the one who got the good deal was Wes Pugh, he brings home £10 a game with a £50 goal bonus... And he has been putting some worldies away this season.

I sense a bazinga....right about the goal machine part mind ;)

No money being paid at st teath either lads!! All the boys are playing because they enjoy it! I think this just goes to show that the top boys in the league(st teath Roche etc) don't need to pay to attract the players ! It's all about the club up here can't speak for Roche but if babos says they ain't paying that's good enough for me!! Can't wait for the game Saturday !!

so ur tellin me ryan hayhurst never got offered £50 a game from ur backer/money man at work velcro!!!

To be fair davegrose the money must be floating around ! At the end of the day there are plenty of players that wouldn't be playing unless the price is right!?!?!?!?!? But Ryan hayhurst didn't and hasn't ever played for us ! If I offered you £30 to stop bitching and man up and you still carried on being a pleb does that mean its me in the wrong???? Sincerely John wood

I can honestly say I had a phone call at the start of the season from st teath to join there club no money was ever talked about but it was the best move I ever made because the spirit is the best around fact !!!! So many clubs may be paying wages but st teath just puts a wedge behind the bar that's all ! So all of the people on here have never kicked a football in there life can have there say but at the end if the day it means nothing when you cross that white line !!!!

Absolutely hilarious you boys suggesting some Bude players are getting paid! They scraped a hard fought draw at home to a bare Probus XI !

If anyone got paid for that performance they should donate it to charity after that! £40 a game is ridiculous!