Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth athletics pitch...

Junior Cup game on the bottom pitch and Reserves game on the top, pushing you out Jamie?

One thing I have noticed this season, when there are fixture changes it this season it seems as if Troon are the ones that have their fixtures altered more then any other. Anyone else noticed this?

Jamie, you must have put on the bottom of the form, we don't care where we go as long as we get a game in on the weekend!

Junior Cup game on the bottom pitch and Reserves game on the top, pushing you out Jamie?

One thing I have noticed this season, when there are fixture changes it this season it seems as if Troon are the ones that have their fixtures altered more then any other. Anyone else noticed this?

Jamie, you must have put on the bottom of the form, we don't care where we go as long as we get a game in on the weekend!

Ha Paul i dont think there is a vendetta against TroonAFC, but i do think that the lower league team should lose out if anyone is going to, i understand that Junior Cup games come first, that leaves a Trew 2 side (may be wrong div...) and a combo team, arrange the combo game on the combo pitch and Junior Cup on whatevers left, surly this makes sense......??

i have just been told that this weekends game had been cancelled, Thursday, great! lol, Penz 1st team need a few players this weekend Paul??? lol

I do think there eneds to be more communication between the leagues/CCFA as this could of easilly have been sorted on Monday morning, we could of played the game at our pitch all be it an early KO, or played the reserves/3rds games as the early KO and Combo normal, just a bit of communication and all could of been sorted over the phone.

My understanding is that the bottom pitch is shared between Fal Athetic 1st team and Fal Albion. The top Pitch is only ever used on Saturdays by Fal Athletic res. Therefore Albion take the bottom pitch due to them being home, and Junior Cup, Athletic res aren't effected at all as their pitch isn't shared, unfortunately leaving no playing surface for Combo.

My understanding is that the bottom pitch is shared between Fal Athetic 1st team and Fal Albion. The top Pitch is only ever used on Saturdays by Fal Athletic res. Therefore Albion take the bottom pitch due to them being home, and Junior Cup, Athletic res aren't effected at all as their pitch isn't shared, unfortunately leaving no playing surface for Combo.

that makes more sense, although i cant see why the pitch that has been chosen to be shared is the combo one and not the other one, anyway the games off, end of moan!

just to put all in the picture on the pitch situation, the top pitch has already been declared unplayable this week by the council after last weeks cup match went ahead, which means falmouth albion who share the bottom pitch with us have to play the called off junior cup game from last week this week, as the junior cup takes priority. we have had to call our game with troon off .in normal circumstances this would not happen as falmouth athletic being the senior club would take priority, the league were made aware off the situation on monday,but we have been waiting for official word from the league which we now have to call game off.I know players and league are not happy but there is nothing that can be done i do suggest that if the game does not go ahead this week for any reason then maybe the ccfa can reverse the fixture to stithians ground that drains better than dracena

Pitty, Ath were excepted into the Combination league with everyone knowing the situation, now as Faldel says had the top pitch being available Albion would have played their junior cup tie there unfortunately it's not so a COUNTY competition takes precedent, a bit like when Holmans have a senior cup tie the trelawny league can't play along side alot of people disagree with this situation too

Well Neil, i find that a pathetic argument we are not living in the 60's we are actually trying to get youngsters away from playstations and outside excercising in the fresh air. the Combination league is the bottom tier of senior football the lowest you can get, if you go on about criteria how long was it before Holmans roped their pitch off? one game will not affect the league fixtures a mass amount, usually St Agnes are way behind on fixtures it happens. But most of all it won't be affecting Holmans whatsoever.

Kev, St Agnes have always been behind on fixtures in the Trelawney League or FHL league due to piss poor organisation of games from outside the club!! There were weeks last year when the home pitch wasn't used but we weren't scheduled a game!

The first team aren't usually behind on fixtures, but do suffer with an over used this pitch, I understand that provisions are being put in place this year to reduce the amount of games on it.

Draceana is Draceana, they've done a fantastic job down there with the facilities, you can't do anything about the land that you are on.

Great communication with the media from the Jolly's Combo Fixture Secretary as usual......if I waste a 400 mile return drive to watch Troon's performance at Dracaena because of the lack of any proper information, I shall put in a petrol claim against the JCCL to a small claims court !

Come on Lester, sort this out ! There's a job on that committee that needs doing. Oust him !

This is Cornwall......s'pose he's got the job for life now !

Nowhere but Cornwall would a junior cup be allowed to disrupt senior fixtures. That is why, in Glouvestershire, the fixture lists produced at the start of the season are correct. This is in fact because the CCFA, now a (very) limited company, opposed the setting up of the Cornwall Senior League and the South-Western League well over half a century ago

Ridiculous. And being Cornwall,nothing can change till a generation dies out.

Even the logical restructuring into Trelawney and Duchy Leagues, which I proposed in detailed written form to clubs some righteen years ago; and which I am proud to have

helpedon its way by killing the ludicrous seven-team West Penwith League, had to wait till Gerald Sobey wanted to step aside. Before that, we had years of dictatorship by John Ryder.

And I suppose that what was sauce for them, will be sauce for Vidal James and John Roberts..........yawn ! :ninja::c: :drink:

Just wondering if the Falmouth athletic league cup game v perranwell will be on this Saturday I heard the junior cup game was cancelled last week so surely this would take place instead of the combination cup game?

The way things are going there won't be any problems at next season - there won't be any senior football at Dracaena Park!