Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell vs Saltash Utd - Wed 7th November - 7.30pm ko

AFC St Austell welcome Saltash Utd for another installment of Wednesday night football at Poltair Park!!

Wednesday 7th November 2012

Carlsberg South West Peninsula League - Premier Division

AFC St Austell vs Saltash Utd

Polrair Park, PL25 4LR

7:30pm ko

Entry: Adult £4.00 / OAP £2.00

Extra's: Raffle and programme £1.00 each

All other facilities open and available

Many thanks

Lea

AFC St Austell welcome Saltash Utd for another installment of Wednesday night football at Poltair Park!!

Wednesday 7th November 2012

Carlsberg South West Peninsula League - Premier Division

AFC St Austell vs Saltash Utd

Polrair Park, PL25 4LR

7:30pm ko

Entry: Adult £4.00 / OAP £2.00

Extra's: Raffle and programme £1.00 each

All other facilities open and available

Many thanks

Lea

What is the condition of the pitch like after all the bad weather ?

Hopefully the game will be on. It will give the lads an opportunity to avenge the 4-0 defeat at Saltash earlier in the season. It will be a tough match against a very good team, hopefully the lads will be up for it. Good Luck to them and Nanks.

You'd think Saltash would be favourites here having won their last three league games, but with St Austell having the biggest crowds in the league could help them to preventing the ashes doing the double over them. If St Austell play like they can then they have got a decent chance

Poor first half from "the ashes", but cannot fault their performance in the second half.

We all have our opinions and mine is, St Austell "bully" their way to victory. This was quite evident in the first half and the Referee did not pick up on several fouls against "the ashes".

In the second half, "the ashes" were definately the better team and should have been awarded more than one penalty.

Quite frankly, St Austell are NOT a top four team.

Respectable turnout there to see a good game. Huge win for St Austell.

The boss it does sound like it I agree with you, I think they played well and nobody can honestly say they didn't deserve it. Ashes being bitter not for the first time

Poor first half from "the ashes", but cannot fault their performance in the second half.

We all have our opinions and mine is, St Austell "bully" their way to victory. This was quite evident in the first half and the Referee did not pick up on several fouls against "the ashes".

In the second half, "the ashes" were definately the better team and should have been awarded more than one penalty.

This is getting boring now...

It's funny how yourselves and Parkway seem to notice EVERY foul by St.Austell but miss all of your own.

This is Football not Netball!

Be quite interested to here about all the other incidents that should've been penalties!

Saltash were completely dominated in the first half by an excellent performance by St.Austell. Second half, admittedly St.Austell were on the back foot after Saltash resorted to the 'lump the ball forward' tactic, and St.Austells legs looked to tire. All in all, St.Austell deserved the win. Well done lads!

Oh, and "quite frankly", you lost, and after what I saw last night, "the ashes" are NOT a top 4 team.

Pastyman fails to mention about Saltash's No. 7 consitantly giving away freekicks in the 1st half and kicking in one of the advertising boards, he was dragged off at half time (thank God) and you fail to mention the X-rated tackle by your No 2 which lead to Dudley running on to the pitch and making a fool out of himself and got sent off!!

St Austell dominated the 1st half and Saltash dominated the 2nd, Saltash should of snatched a draw at the end but missed the penalty. Saltash are a good team, but in my opinion they get on each others backs to much when things are not going to well, constantly bickering with each other, I thought the 2 centre backs were going to have a scrap late on in the 2nd half.

All the best to Saltash for the rest of the season.

Up the Lillywhites!!

Pastyman has been bitter ever since that day at Blaise park when "the Ashes" were 2 nil up and "the Ashes" lost the senior cup final. Let it go mate, let it go.

Everytime "The Ashes" get beaten you cry like a girl, because "The Ashes" have been bullied, grow up.

Oh and please stop hyphonating "the Ashes" every twenty seconds. It truly is annoying.

Lots of love

"Knighter"

Pastyman has been bitter ever since that day at Blaise park when "the Ashes" were 2 nil up and "the Ashes" lost the senior cup final. Let it go mate, let it go.

Everytime "The Ashes" get beaten you cry like a girl, because "The Ashes" have been bullied, grow up.

Oh and please stop hyphonating "the Ashes" every twenty seconds. It truly is annoying.

Lots of love

"Knighter"

"Well said Knighter"

"Bushy"

Sorry forgot to mention Anton Lake for St Austell stepping up from the 2nds and had an oustanding game in goal!!!! :thumbsup:

For such a big jump from playing Duchy Prem to playing Peninsula Prem....Anton was superb, made some great saves, especially in the 2nd half and his handling was brilliant...didnt drop a thing. Jason Peters has to be a bit worried for his posistion now, I feel Anton deserves another shot at that level.

Pastyman fails to mention about Saltash's No. 7 consitantly giving away freekicks in the 1st half and kicking in one of the advertising boards, he was dragged off at half time (thank God) and you fail to mention the X-rated tackle by your No 2 which lead to Dudley running on to the pitch and making a fool out of himself and got sent off!!

St Austell dominated the 1st half and Saltash dominated the 2nd, Saltash should of snatched a draw at the end but missed the penalty. Saltash are a good team, but in my opinion they get on each others backs to much when things are not going to well, constantly bickering with each other, I thought the 2 centre backs were going to have a scrap late on in the 2nd half.

All the best to Saltash for the rest of the season.

Up the Lillywhites!!

Not like Stuart Dudley making a fool of himself again lol!!!!!!! :SM_carton:

Not like Stuart Dudley making a fool of himself again lol!!!!!!! :SM_carton:

"Windmill on the Shirt" whoever you are and I don't exepct you to be honest enough to put your name..I took on your job when nobody else wanted it a week after pre-season training had started, with half a squad and got to the last 8 of the Vase, 4th place in the league with the best squad assembled, highest goals scored for 20 odd years and all on a very small budget...thanks, usual class and respect.

FYI I never ran onto the pitch, I was stood beside it and intervened when one of the opposition was baying to the ref to send off my player for a tackle in which, admittedly was a tad high, but made only contact with the ball and was in no way malicious.

I merely ushered the player away and got asked to leave the dugout by the ref for leaving my technical area, big deal out of nothing.

Typical of this sport that silly pettiness and adolescent finger pointing dominate people's thoughts - small minded neanderthals reign again...

Duders , you dont have to defend yourself; what you have done goes without saying a true gentleman, never a bad word to anyone, always polite and respectfull, dragged a team out of the mire and made history, your a legend. Most empty vessels make the most noise apparently. But to be fair, you do get yourself involved needlessly, calm down and take it easy your doing a great job and dont listen to the knockers.

Lots of love

"Knighter"

"knighter", why do you talk such "crap".

Are you talking about the Cornwall Senior Cup Final at St Blazey? Ah, the one were the St Austell player headed the ball from the Saltash United keeper! I have moved on from that, that was a few seasons ago now. Don't live in the past "my friend".

No, I don't "cry like a girl", when "the ashes" are "bullied". I just resent a team intimidating another, as St Austell often do. It was quite evident at Plymouth Parkway recently and again last night.

Lots of love

"Knighter"

Are you talking about the Cornwall Senior Cup Final at St Blazey? Ah, the one were the St Austell player headed the ball from the Saltash United keeper! I have moved on from that, that was a few seasons ago now. Don't live in the past "my friend".

No, I don't "cry like a girl", when "the ashes" are "bullied". I just resent a team intimidating another, as St Austell often do. It was quite evident at Plymouth Parkway recently and again last night.

Oh boohoo... Anyone got a "box of tissues" for

"Pastyman"

Why don't you go and follow "Saltash tiddlywink" team instead? They are lovely, friendly people. Neither team really cares who wins, there is very little passion or commitment, and most importantly, NO CONTACT.

Lets face it... Last night was a simple case of "the ashes" coming to Poltair Park EXPECTING an easy game, and 3 points. It didn't happen, and you headed back up with your tails between your legs.

Get over it

Lots of love

"Knighter"

Oh boohoo... Anyone got a "box of tissues" for

"Pastyman"

Why don't you go and follow "Saltash tiddlywink" team instead? They are lovely, friendly people. Neither team really cares who wins, there is very little passion or commitment, and most importantly, NO CONTACT.

Lets face it... Last night was a simple case of "the ashes" coming to Poltair Park EXPECTING an easy game, and 3 points. It didn't happen, and you headed back up with your tails between your legs.

Get over it

:P

I don't understand the whole St Austell and bullying the officials comments. St Austell were all over Saltash in the first half and Saltash conceded two sloppy goals to go in two down at half time then picked there game up in the second and were all over St Austell and had ample opportunities to score 3 or 4 but the St Austell defence stood firm and saw the game out to claim the victory. Simple. Well done St Austell on a hard fought victory