Cornwall Football Forum

Looking for a sunday team near callington

I am looking for a sunday team I play swpl one west on a sat and in plymouth on a sunday but want some where closer can play CB,RB, CM

Closest Sunday team to you is probably St Breward which is a fair way away, and also the Draconian laws put down by the CCFA would make it difficult for you to play Sundays due to you being a senior player on a Saturday

LC (Launceston College) Phoenix is your nearest team but they draw their players from the students. St Breward is the nearest club to you. Regarding the "draconian laws" the CSFL set them, CCFA just ratify them. The rule was amended this season, any team can field 1 senior player during a game, another can come on as long as the senior player on the field is the substituted player. The rule used to cover the current season and season previous when taking into account a players status, it now just covers the current season.

LC (Launceston College) Phoenix is your nearest team but they draw their players from the students. St Breward is the nearest club to you. Regarding the "draconian laws" the CSFL set them, CCFA just ratify them. The rule was amended this season, any team can field 1 senior player during a game, another can come on as long as the senior player on the field is the substituted player. The rule used to cover the current season and season previous when taking into account a players status, it now just covers the current season.

Still Draconian IMHO!

do you know when the draw for the Sunday Cup is mate?

Sunday Cup draw this week, Thursday I think, will be on the FA website probably Friday, ties take place on Dec 2nd. I believe (but don't quote me) the CSFL was started in 1971 and for lesser standard players to play a competitive level of football. Over the years the rules have changed and a limited number of senior players have been allowed to play per game. From what I know Cornwall FA is the only FA that has this junior/senior status rule. Down here we have junior leagues and the senior leagues though as we all know there are some very gifted players limiting themselves to junior football and some players playing senior football that perhaps aren't as good as they think. That said the CSFL, despite being Sunday football contains some very good footballers and teams (as do the Sunday Vets teams).

Sunday Cup draw this week, Thursday I think, will be on the FA website probably Friday, ties take place on Dec 2nd. I believe (but don't quote me) the CSFL was started in 1971 and for lesser standard players to play a competitive level of football. Over the years the rules have changed and a limited number of senior players have been allowed to play per game. From what I know Cornwall FA is the only FA that has this junior/senior status rule. Down here we have junior leagues and the senior leagues though as we all know there are some very gifted players limiting themselves to junior football and some players playing senior football that perhaps aren't as good as they think. That said the CSFL, despite being Sunday football contains some very good footballers and teams (as do the Sunday Vets teams).

Yep Cornwall is the only county with the senior/junior rule and try and explain reinstatement to someone from out of county and you just get an incredulous look of disbelief on their face! Did hear on the grapevine that plans are afoot to get rid of the rule!