Cornwall Football Forum

Illegal players

Billybale

I just think its wrong the game gets void, say if it woz top two fighting for a title a team could fix it by playing a random and voiding a game, end of the day every team makes a mistake but the other team did everything right and doesn't get the points for someone else's ( mistake)

Got to ask the ?. whats the point in reporting a suspected illegal player ?.

If you win then so what if the oppisition played illegal Player/Players.

Same if you loss or draw the offending team get punished But nothing for those offended against except a void game, so what's the point in complaining.

Must say this is sending the wrong message.

This involved my team P6. We played a guy we thought was registered and he wasn't. Mike picked it up off the team sheet. We lost the 3 points and I can see Billybales point of view as it nullifys the game. 3 points to Queens doesn't affect us as we lost the points from the game. We didn't play the guy to gain an advantage (he was taken off after 65 mins with the score at 1-0).

This is how it panned out

On Tue 30/10/12 11:46 PM , "Mike Newcombe" <mikenewcombe@tiscali.co.uk>

wrote:

> Hi Dan, In a rush but you played Matty Marsland last

> Saturday and he isn't registtered with me. Will deal with properly

> tomorrow, but if you want him agai get him registered unless I have

> missed something here. Regards Mike

>

----- Original Message -----

To: "Mike Newcombe" <mikenewcombe@tiscali.co.uk>

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:32 PM

Subject: Re: Matty Marsland

Hi Mike

Just checked my registrations and he isn't there. Oversight on my part as he

was a regular all last season and became available for the first time last

Saturday. The thing that has thrown me is that we used him all through

pre-season. Worst bit is we didn't even need to use him as I had a full

squad and left people out. Arrrrrrrrgh.

Cheers

Dan.

Hi Dan,

Oh Dear,

As we have already corresponded on the issue I will save postage.

Letter attached.

Regards

Mike

After corresponding with Mike Newcombe I got in touch with billybale to tell them we had lost the points.

Mr Newcombe and the Duchy Committee run a well organised and tight ship and are to be commended.. I do however think this situation slipped through the net. It not just P6s who have made an error, If you look at Division 2, if Padstow fail too become champions by 1or 2 points it would be an injustice having thier only defeat so far being void due to an unregistered player.(Padstow being the innocent party). We all make mistakes, but in my opinion this should not be visited on innocent parties.

I'm not having a dig at any manager that's made a mistake or secretary, every1 including myself has made an error but it doesn't really seem a good rule if am honest, by voiding games other teams could suffer, the game should get awarded 1.0 like it always has done, u will only do it once by mistake but seeing how easily it is to void games could a team at the end of the year use it wrongly, that's my argument

Although not certain, but I think I am right in saying that every team that has been caught out via the teamsheet (like p6) playing an illegal player are genuine mistakes.

The rules they have broken were due to poor administration. The players in question are completely eligible its just they haven't signed on when the club thought they were. They are not deliberately cheating.

Why should a losing team benefit from an administrative error?

I think when clubs deliberately play an illegal player who wouldn't normally be eligible (like st Merryn last season) and get caught out, I think the punishment would be different? And points would be awarded in this instance to opposition and a very hefty punishment for club, manager and player.

Although not certain, but I think I am right in saying that every team that has been caught out via the teamsheet (like p6) playing an illegal player are genuine mistakes.

The rules they have broken were due to poor administration. The players in question are completely eligible its just they haven't signed on when the club thought they were. They are not deliberately cheating.

I think when clubs deliberately play an illegal player who wouldn't normally be eligible (like st Merryn last season) and get caught out, I think the punishment would be different? And points would be awarded in this instance to opposition and a very hefty punishment for club, manager and player.

You have a point. if it is an error and not cheating, perhaps a replay would be the best way,with the player in question not taking part. I am just not comfortable with the void game situation.

Why should your team benefit because of a paperwork error. It's not cheating because if they wanted to cheat they would have simply put a different player on the team sheet and no one would have known.

Imagine if you were awarded the points and won the league by 2 points.

How would the team in second feel as you were awarded points for a game you didn't win because the opposition played an eligible player who they thought was signed on?

i'm with billy on this one, every game should have a result, win lose or draw, 3,0 or 1pt, there are 26 games in a season, all of which should have result, now effectively queens and p6's are only playing 25, enough said i think, and i'm not slating the error, i've done it myself this season, we reinstated 2 players, my sectary then thought i was signing the players on and i thought he had done it, not cheating as like Dan we put the names on the team sheets, we were fined, but as we played St Minver and got walloped the result stood, (st minver by the way prob the best junior side i've seen in a few good years). it's just wrong, you can't just scratch a game off the league records.

Malc