Cornwall Football Forum

Taxi for Carl Fletcher?

pastyman

What a stupid comment to make. This was one of those occasions when the referee decided that he was going to be the main man and as it proved it decided the match. The sending off of Houlihan was one the most bizarre decisions I have ever seen on a football pitch. As an ex referee I am ashamed at that decision. The Dorchester manager said the referee went by the rules of the game. I'm sorry but what rule says that you win a free kick, the referee wasn't ready when the free kick was taken so the obvious decision was to have the free kick retaken and not even a word said to the player. But no, he obviously knew that this was his time and in front of the full gaze of the television audience decided to make himself the biggest pratt on the pitch. I hope the FA or the referees committee or whatever they are called should take him to one side and tell him there is the unwritten law of common sense which I'm afraid he had no intention of using. He made sure that he was going to take center stage. And he did it with aplomb. I suppose we will get the mass views of the referees on here all supporting the referees decision.

What a stupid comment to make. This was one of those occasions when the referee decided that he was going to be the main man and as it proved it decided the match. The sending off of Houlihan was one the most bizarre decisions I have ever seen on a football pitch. As an ex referee I am ashamed at that decision. The Dorchester manager said the referee went by the rules of the game. I'm sorry but what rule says that you win a free kick, the referee wasn't ready when the free kick was taken so the obvious decision was to have the free kick retaken and not even a word said to the player. But no, he obviously knew that this was his time and in front of the full gaze of the television audience decided to make himself the biggest pratt on the pitch. I hope the FA or the referees committee or whatever they are called should take him to one side and tell him there is the unwritten law of common sense which I'm afraid he had no intention of using. He made sure that he was going to take center stage. And he did it with aplomb. I suppose we will get the mass views of the referees on here all supporting the referees decision.

"What a stupid comment to make"

Do we blame the Referee for Plymouth Argyle having a bunch of "jokers" of a team?