St Erme v Mabe

Trelander PvP Penwith Exiles

Sunday Nov 4th

Division 1

10:30 West Cornwall Camborne School of Mines

DIV 5

ST.ERME (2) 4 Rapsey 2, 33, 79(pen), 85,

MABE (1) 3 Chinn 41,? 54, ? 68,

Cracking game played on a difficult deteriorating pitch, especially after the first half hailstorm and claps of thunder!! Thought the fireworks had kicked off early!!? Mabe are an excellent young footballing team and in Liam Chinn and Ryan Caddy along with a few other wee lads they won't be in junior football very long!!! We were fortunate to be a couple goals up from about three attacks but there was no surprise when Mabe came back and turned it around to go in front with a couple of great goals,and when my 35 yarder smashed down off the crossbar at 2-3 I thought our luck was out to be honest (ain't hit one like that for bloody years!!) We then got a fortunate pen when the ball skidded up onto the defenders arm and then went on to nick it last five minutes and Den still had to pull off a full stretch save last minute for the three points, but to be honest we were lucky and Mabe will be a top half team easily by May, great bunch of youngsters.

St erme 4 v 3 Mabe

Got to endorse rappos comments. Mabe were very unlucky and their skipper in particular is a real talent and capped a performance with a good solo goal. Some great goals today. A true battle of the Somme in muddy conditions but still both teams tried to play good footy. Plenty of bodies put on the line today. Got to admit I'm glad I came out of retirement when I get to play in games like today. As for rappo....the legend goes on. Four goals closer to that 2,000 target.

We're glad you came out of retirement too Carl, hope you've soaked that back in the bath!!! See you next week mate, Camborne Park away, ouch tough one!!! :-(

Forgot to put team in lately!

Fallowfield

Hill

Howman©

Spencer

Parr (Maker 70)

James

Bellamy (Wright 75)

Penrose

E.Jolly

C.Jolly

Rapsey

Div 5

Clipper Bar 0 Camborne Park 14

Scorers

Grasso x5

Norfolk x3

Wippy x3

Fenton x2

Knuckey x1

why is that boy lake not scoring !!

He didn't play as unsure if he was banned due to error in paperwork and tbh he never moaned bout it

Banned ?? Picked a few yellows up has he ??

Divvy 3

Wendron 3rd's: 5 Gulval Reserves :0

Wish we wore our ice skating boots today rather than our footy boots. Conditions were awful down at Wendron. But to be fair as we all know "it was the same for both teams", so we can't complain. Honestly, Wendron did the simple things right today and that made the difference, along with their pacey little wingers who were able to counter attack Gulval at will. Despite that, and the scoreline, things are starting to look better for Gulval. We were able to turn up with 13 players for a start, so a big thanks to Shaun the keeper and Belly for representing.

Nobody can argue with the commitment and dedication of the Gulval boys today, right from Ellis up top to TJ at the heart of the defence, and with youth players like Scotty, Aron and Si Smith -_- Gulval have a bright future.

A special mention for Jordan Cooper, who made his Gulval debut today at the age of 16 years and 6 days, good luck boy, I'm sure there's a few centre backs out there that can't wait to introduce you to the game :P

Week by week we get stronger as a unit and next week we take on our next battle boys.

Out of Darkness comes the Light

Gulval MOM: Shaun the Fat Cat :thumbsup:

**** of the Sat: Scotty for having to wash the kit :(

Pendeen Rovers Res 9 v 2 St Day 3rds

H-T 2-2

Another superb team performance today against one of the early league "form teams" , but saying that we started of very slow with 2 of our center half's going for the same ball in the 1st few mins and the ball then bouncing through to a St Day player who gratefully took his free opportunity ....Rovers remained a little shaky for the 1st 10mins and then started to get on top of the game and started to play some lovely football ....which resulted in JP equalizing for us ...but within a few mins of this a long ball over the top of Evra's head resulted in a well worked St Day goal, when one of there strikers collected the ball over the top and put in a delightful ball which the big no11 tucked away tidily with his noggen from 8yards ....Rovers heads remained up and from a short corner a few mins later Evra took the ball of baby Messi and drove into the 18yard box and dispatched a cross which JP again put away with aplomb ...Rovers really started to move through the gears but a few near misses and crosses straight across the box but at half time the scored remained 2-2.

In the 2nd half and with the wind rain and hale behind our back we started of on the front foot ...and withing 2mins had the ball bulging in the St Day net but the ref cruelly struck the goal of saying JP had handled his brothers(young burts) shot!!!! St Day did start to rally but Rovers really start to dominate and really once "Young Burt" had scored and "Cool as Cucumber" Brewer had tucked the peno away (4-2) the game was over ....Young Burt was starting to have a field day with the St Day back four under constant pressure and not being able to clear their lines helped himself to four goals including a wonder strike from 30yards (the keeper didn't even move!!!)...a O.G & a delicate chip on the back post by baby Messi wrapped up the scoring ...a shout out to the returning Gary Prowse who's touch was class seeing he'd been out for 4 weeks!!!

MOM; Close one but gotta go "Young Burt" with 4 goals & he didn't stop running all game .... :thumbsup:

Hope you're well Bryn!!! Long time no see mate! Good to see you and Denty at Penzance, great club as we know bud. Reckon I could last bout 10 minutes in a SWL match! Got exactly 70 goals to go for the 2000 now mate and that's it!!! You could still do the business no doubt bud x

Hope you're well Bryn!!! Long time no see mate! Good to see you and Denty at Penzance, great club as we know bud. Reckon I could last bout 10 minutes in a SWL match! Got exactly 70 goals to go for the 2000 now mate and that's it!!! You could still do the business no doubt bud x

10 minutes my arse, on the bench maybe. Bryn could'nt either, its a young mans game.

A good pairing there at PZ, both were a pain in the arse, one when he was playing and the other on and off the field. It ain't hard to work out which!

Premier

Carharrack 5-2 Gwinear Churchtown

Carharrack started well and went 1-0 up after the hail storm when Jamie Mitchell crossed for Liam Bray slotted in the net after that carharrack dominated the first half with Ryan Martt running the show in the middle of the park, Carharrack had a number of chances with Bray missing a couple and the keeper making a few good saves gwinear looked good on the break but kyle jones kept gwinear danger man Barnaby Dagger quiet and the back four keeping solid 1-0 first half

second half gwinear came out all guns blazing and dominated the start of the half and nearly equalised but Adam Matthews recalled in goal for Carharrack saved well tipping round the post then carharrack scored a second when a shot from Mitchell was saved James Martin hammered in the rebound via a deflection to make it 2-0. we missed more chances from bray martt and Mitchell which were kept out by the keeper making good saves especially the shot from martt which was an exceptional save. gwinear started to make progress getting in behind the carharrack defence and scored when captain Paradise slotting home. it was end to end stuff but carharrack won a corner and was swung in by Martin and Mitchell headed in. then Gwinear hit straight back with a good goal slotted in the corner. the Matthews kept us in the game by making two good saves and then the fourth gaol for carharrack came when subsitute montgomery come on for Bray who crossed in for Mitchell to head in for hsi second goal. gwinear continued to attack but carharrack killed the game off when Martt slotted the ball in to cap off a wonderful full debut with a terrific mom performance

good 3 points which was needed for carharrack to put us up the table.

ref did well missed few decisions thought gwinear should of had a penalty but overall very good.

Pendeen Rovers Res 9 v 2 St Day 3rds

H-T 2-2

Another superb team performance today against one of the early league "form teams" , but saying that we started of very slow with 2 of our center half's going for the same ball in the 1st few mins and the ball then bouncing through to a St Day player who gratefully took his free opportunity ....Rovers remained a little shaky for the 1st 10mins and then started to get on top of the game and started to play some lovely football ....which resulted in JP equalizing for us ...but within a few mins of this a long ball over the top of Evra's head resulted in a well worked St Day goal, when one of there strikers collected the ball over the top and put in a delightful ball which the big no11 tucked away tidily with his noggen from 8yards ....Rovers heads remained up and from a short corner a few mins later Evra took the ball of baby Messi and drove into the 18yard box and dispatched a cross which JP again put away with aplomb ...Rovers really started to move through the gears but a few near misses and crosses straight across the box but at half time the scored remained 2-2.

In the 2nd half and with the wind rain and hale behind our back we started of on the front foot ...and withing 2mins had the ball bulging in the St Day net but the ref cruelly struck the goal of saying JP had handled his brothers(young burts) shot!!!! St Day did start to rally but Rovers really start to dominate and really once "Young Burt" had scored and "Cool as Cucumber" Brewer had tucked the peno away (4-2) the game was over ....Young Burt was starting to have a field day with the St Day back four under constant pressure and not being able to clear their lines helped himself to four goals including a wonder strike from 30yards (the keeper didn't even move!!!)...a O.G & a delicate chip on the back post by baby Messi wrapped up the scoring ...a shout out to the returning Gary Prowse who's touch was class seeing he'd been out for 4 weeks!!!

MOM; Close one but gotta go "Young Burt" with 4 goals & he didn't stop running all game .... :thumbsup:

he learned from the best! ;-)

Haha yeh ive heard one or two things Rappo. I couldnt care less bud I enjoyed playing at any club ive been at and always gave 100%, some may say i scored a few goals along the way aswell. No regrets mate!! Best memory that winner in the 3-2 boxing day win at Bickland against Truro city the year we won South Western League. Great atmosphere that day mate. Packed out Bickland Park. Wont see that again mate!!! Wheeler - Rapsey partnership!!! haha

He's the only pain in the ass Bryn!! Ask anyone on here mate. Got an opinion on everything and everyone. Most of it shite mate. Don't worry you were fine bud! :-)

Disapointed you said that Mark, its only banter after all. Bryn was a pain in tha arse on the field as you could not take your eyes off him or the little sh-t would score, hustle, bustle good little forward, always a danger.

A bit like a smaller version of you, There - is that better. What you have to understand when posting is you cannot put the tone with it.

10 minutes my arse, on the bench maybe. Bryn could'nt either, its a young mans game.

A good pairing there at PZ, both were a pain in the arse, one when he was playing and the other on and off the field. It ain't hard to work out which!

ThemoreIcommentthemoreignorantIlook Rappo would be fine in SWL for 10 minutes. If you believe football is just for young men, your knowledge of the game has a few gaps. Speed of thought often wins against speed of movement :)

Good day that was mate! Remember two things about that day, your goal and the twenty man pile up we had celebrating with f troop and Sage ripping the red card out the refs hand and squashing it into about twenty pieces before walking off! Plastic everywhere!!! Remember Amsters and watching Holland v Romania before they hosted euro 2000? Sea of orange,some stadium the arena and all for £7.50 bud!! Went Argyle v Crewe the week after and paid £12 to see a 0-0!!! Mental! Catch you sometime pal x

Ps) Thanx Ga!!! Hope the leg nearly mended mate?

ThemoreIcommentthemoreignorantIlook Rappo would be fine in SWL for 10 minutes. If you believe football is just for young men, your knowledge of the game has a few gaps. Speed of thought often wins against speed of movement :)

There there GK never mind - its all about opinions, its called a forum. Nice name change by the way, gives you all something to think about. ho ho ho!

TOIGTBIW,

BANTER - an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery

Your definition of banter is obviously different to that of a dictionary!

Think it's a shame you've got nothing nice to say, ALWAYS negative, sometimes spiteful. You are obviously an intelligent chap with a good knowledge of local football and I must admit I don't give a shit personally as I've been involved with the old school dressing rooms of football where you dish it out and laugh at yourself in equal measure, but its been more than just banter and pretty personal at times towards some good friends of mine on here, people that have achieved a lot in the game at this level and who deserve a bit more respect. It might be worth looking back through your posts and I think you'll find there's some substance in my remarks. At the end of the day though football is all about opinions and you,re entitled to yours even if none of them seem to be of a positive nature. Perhaps it's just me but I tend to see the good in people and not always the bad. Best wishes, off to see the fireworks with the mrs and have a jumbo hot dog! :-)

Gutted Trev, had to reluctantly give up my ticket mate. :-(. Too close to Xmas and we are going up for 9 days then so it'll have to be the Ross County game on the 22nd!!! No Messi in that one! The bro in law had a taker for the ticket in about 30 seconds mate! I'll get you a programme and a couple fanzines then bud. Bring them when we play you early feb Trev. Cheers bud x

TOIGTBIW,

BANTER - an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery

Your definition of banter is obviously different to that of a dictionary!

Think it's a shame you've got nothing nice to say, ALWAYS negative, sometimes spiteful. You are obviously an intelligent chap with a good knowledge of local football and I must admit I don't give a shit personally as I've been involved with the old school dressing rooms of football where you dish it out and laugh at yourself in equal measure, but its been more than just banter and pretty personal at times towards some good friends of mine on here, people that have achieved a lot in the game at this level and who deserve a bit more respect. It might be worth looking back through your posts and I think you'll find there's some substance in my remarks. At the end of the day though football is all about opinions and you,re entitled to yours even if none of them seem to be of a positive nature. Perhaps it's just me but I tend to see the good in people and not always the bad. Best wishes, off to see the fireworks with the mrs and have a jumbo hot dog! :-)

Hello Mark. Nice post, thankyou. If you have read all of my posts then there is a smattering of praise for clubs and players contained therein, not a lot but a few. People have chosen to cherrypick the worst, I can't stop that.

I post what I hear after I know it can be confirmed, its the truth as we know it, Can't help that and only the truth hurts. Nobody and I say it again, nobody, has challenged my post's, funny old world innit!!!!

As you say my definition of banter may be different to yours - and others, can't help that. As I said in my previous post, when posting you cannot convey the tone, which is actually very important, When I say someone is a pain in the arse, that is a compliment in my world. I do not believe I have posted anything spiteful or personal against anybody, but there have been a few to me, quite a few!!! As you say, we are all allowed our opinions and that is what a forum is for??? I have read the forum for years and got a bit fed up with some of the absolute bull coming out of some camps and some people, so I joined, and hey ho here I am.

I may however be leaving it soon, my fate is in anothers control after giving him misleading information which although unintentional may have caused friction elsewhere.

Regards, Older.

Footnote. My apologies to bryn, I am not bryn Wheeler. No ho's on this one.

How can you say people don't challenge your posts, have seen peoples post that challenge you, I for one have challenged you and sure many others have!

Hello dobbie. No they have not, merely reacted. Sometimes due to the fact that they did not understand them, because they did not read them in their entirety, and just picked out the bits they did not like.

Challenging a post is not the same as having a go at me.

If you now look at what some are posting, have you noticed a slight change in the substance of their posts.

How can you say people don't challenge your posts, have seen peoples post that challenge you, I for one have challenged you and sure many others have!

Hello dobbie. No they have not, merely reacted. Sometimes due to the fact that they did not understand them, because they did not read them in their entirety, and just picked out the bits they did not like.

If you now look at what some are posting, have you noticed a slight change in the substance of their posts.

well i challenged you when you said the moon was made of cheese!! ;-)

well i challenged you when you said the moon was made of cheese!! ;-)

Got me on that one - stand up that man. Very good, still laughing at that one, thankyou.

Did you check on the Cornish blue?????