Cornwall Football Forum

2nd Round Cornwall Junior Cup Fixtures - 3rd Nov 2012

Please place your results, match reports and comments below

2nd Round

EAST

AFC Bodmin (First) VS Pensilva (First)

AFC St Austell (Reserves) 5v2 Pelynt (First) (Played 2nd Nov)

Delabole United (First) VS St Mawgan (First)

Fowey United (First) VS St Merryn (First)

Godolphin Atlantic (Reserves) VS Welcome Inn (First)

Grampound (First) VS Mevagissey (First)

Holywell And Cubert (First) VS St Dominick (Reserves)

Polperro (Reserves) VS St Cleer (First)

St Columb Major (First) VS Altarnon (First)

St Minver (First) VS Bodmin Saints (First)

St Newlyn East AFC (First) PvP North Petherwin (First)

St Neot (First) VS North Hill (First)

Southgate Seniors (First) VS Biscovey (Reserves)

Sticker (Reserves) VS Bude Town (Reserves)

Torpoint Athletic (A Team) VS Looe Town FC (First)

WEST

Falmouth Albion (First) PvP Stithians (First)

Falmouth Athletic (Reserves) VS Mawnan (First)

Four Lanes (First ) VS Lizard Argyle (First)

Frogpool & Cusgarne (1st) VS Goonhavern Athletic (Reserves)

Gulval (First) VS St Agnes (Reserves)

Halsetown AFC (First) VS Redruth United (First)

Hayle (3rds) VS West Cornwall Football Club (First)

Illogan Rbl (Reserves) VS Ruan Minor (First)

Newquay (Third Team) VS Newlyn Non-Athletico (First)

RNAS Culdrose (Reserves) VS Storm (First)

St Buryan (First) VS Titans FC (First)

St Day (Reserves) VS Rosudgeon (First)

St Keverne (First) VS Penzance (Reserves)

Troon (Reserves) VS Ludgvan (Reserves)

Wendron United (Reserves) VS Constantine (First)

EAST

10/11/12 13:30 Maker With Rame (First) VS Foxhole Stars (Reserves)

WEST

10/11/12 13:30 St Ives Town (Reserves) VS Helston Athletic (Reserves)

Fal athletic 6 - 6 mawnan

Mawnan won 3-0 on penalties

Mawnan goals Ryan James 2, Shaun rickard, Paul smith 2 and Hayden van

Athletic goals, Ben kellow, will Annear, mike rollason, Paul Jeffries, og and mark Jeffrey

Daniel Buckingham with another 6 assists, some player

Afc Bodmin 0-2 Pensilva

A goal in either half was enough for pensilva to progress but it was a tight affair and Bodmin pushed them all the way. Pensilva had more possession but both sides created some good chances with the pensilva keeper making a fine save at 1-0, which could have changed the game. Fair play to pensilva though and they fully deserved to go through to the next round which we wish them luck in.

St Columb Major 2 - 3 Altarnun (AET)

Major exit the junior cup in disappointing circumstances; having taken an early lead in heavy conditions through a Dom Roberts strike that clipped team-mate Jean Francois, the hosts fell behind to their hard working opponents with goalkeeper Ben Curtis required to make a series of good saves with the hosts lookin out of sorts. Major managed to scramble an equaliser in normal time when a David Rabone header nestled in the bottom corner, however, Major gave away a third in extra time and despite clicking into gear and playing some improved football late on, The hosts were unable to make a series of clear cut chances count with Alex Bicknell and Martin Atkinson watching their late strikes drop agonisingly wide of the target.

Congratulations to Altarnun and good luck in the next round.

Polperro (1) 8-2 St Cleer (P)

Cup upset as Polperro thrashed Premier Division St Cleer. Polperro dominated for 90 minutes, 4-2 up at half time (could have been more if not for the dodgy lino decisions!), finishing up 8-2 with some clinical finishing in front of goal.

Looking forward to the draw!

St buryan 3 Titans 0

Close game down in the wilds of the west , surprisingly had 14 players in the end as you do? Needless to say thought we not only competed all game with St Buryan but were unlucky at times not to score. 0-0 half time and we were a little complacent to get going second half. Not sure when they scored around 65-70 mins a tap in at the back post. With ten left left 2 defending and went for it. For me thought the two centre halves for the Saints were solid throughout the match, and gave little away. This years jc run is Over and with a 55 mile round trip this is one journey I won't need reminding about. To ko at 130 is pathetic. I had players turning up with 2 minutes to go and we pay 55 quid to play in it. Absolute joke ? The ref today was not only an ex player for years but a quality one at that , from start to finish I thought he was superb well done Frank . Finally good luck to St Buryan in the next round I hope they don't end up with mawnan or someone away. If they do perhaps greg and the mawnan players might lend them some tents.

St Day Res 5-2 Rosudgeon (HT 0-1)

Solid in the first half, and deservedly led.

Second half after a huge downpour St Day wanted it more..... And deservedly won the second half and the game.

First time I have been involved in a game with a female referee. No affect on the result. But both sides will agree she didn't have the best of games.

You know it's not gonna be ur day when the St Day linesman flags for a foul on our forward and the ref doesn't give it.

All the best St Day

Another Duchy 1 team gained a win over Premier Division opponents when Grampound comfortably beat Mevagissey 4-1.

Meva seemed more interested in moaning and seemed disinterested in a very one-sided first half in which Grampound scored 4 excellent goals before Chris Dingle was allowed a bit of space, for once, in the second period and he finished well to give Mevagissey a consolation. The moaning continued but that was about it and, to be honest, it was difficult to see how Meva are riding so high in the Premier Division.

This was a well-deserved win for Grampound who dominated much of the game.

Gulval 1 - 3 St Agnes

Aggie took the lead from a blinding freekick from James Thomas which nestled in the top corner perfectly from 20 yards out. Gulval equalised when a corner was cleared only to be drilled through the crowded box and into the net.

2 penalties won by Ian Hyland and Sam Kay were converted in expert fashion by Brandon Light.

Mom was 16 year old Sam Kay, quality on the ball and Gulval resorted to hacking him down to stop him - which eventually saw their number 11 sent off for 2 bookables.

St.Minver 4 Bodmin Saints 1

Dubious gaols panel for the first, Corner kick goal bound by Micheal Kempthorne ended up in the net, 2 Minver players claimed to get a touch and it was a possible own goal my opinion is they tried to nick Tikes goal, lol. this early stike was the start the devision 3 side needed. Minver pressed the whole first half and were rewarded with a 2nd on the stroke of half-time, a belter of an individual goal by Steve Wooton. The second half continued the same way with Minver giving the Premier side a tough Task, It was however Bodmin who struck next heading home a free kick for 2-1. Minver responded positively and Jason Northcott gave Minver 3-1 lead. Bodmin tried to respond But Chris Simmons sealed things for Minver with the 4th. Could not fault the manner in which the game was played, and ref Steve Tootle was excellent.

Minver MOTM Cpt. Dan Witts.

bole boy's prediction was right

Aggie have got a superb young player in Sam Marvel!! Been watching him play since he was 10 or 11 and his dad Garry has passed down his silky skills and with Sam's temperament, work rate and attitude at just 16, not to mention his outstanding ability on the ball will take him a long way in football. I'm looking forward to following Sam's career, he is also a lovely little chap, a credit to Garry and Ginny. Keep it up Sam!!! Well done mate x

Guest smashing pumpkin

An upset at Wendron where the Division Two home team beat Premier side Constantine 3-0 i was told.

yes wendron beat constantine 3-0, i woudnt call it an upset tho as wendron have got a very strong squad and i think we will do well this season.

Frogpool 7 Goonhavern 1

A good performance played against a decent side in Goonhavern. We played like an away team for the first 20 minutes , with them having quite a lot of the ball in our half, and then us breaking quickly down the flanks. Some great finishing by Mark Taylor to score another three goals for the village and he only played about twenty minutes. Martyn Jay had a great volley and four assists with another great performance . James Ribery Reburn had some great runs down the left and had man of the match. We had a strong bench and with Neil Younes Carter missing this game through moving in to his new place and also Will Harvey not available ,things look good as we have a bit of strength and depth.

Goonhavern played some good football , and had some good players in midfield , but they just didn't have the strikers to finish of some of the good play. Some strong tackles from our midfield and Jason

Holt played well along side Nick Lasseter.

Scoters - Mark Taylor 3, Martyn Jay , Brett Hocking , Nick Lasseter and James Ribery

An upset at Wendron where the Division Two home team beat Premier side Constantine 3-0 i was told.

yes wendron beat constantine 3-0, i woudnt call it an upset tho as wendron have got a very strong squad and i think we will do well this season.

So a div 2 side beating a premier league side is not an upset? Intrigued to know what an upset is in your book???

So a div 2 side beating a premier league side is not an upset? Intrigued to know what an upset is in your book???

A div 5 team team beating wendron in one of the other cups earlier this season maybe??

A div 5 team team beating wendron in one of the other cups earlier this season maybe??

A wendron side being beaten - but i thought.........

Guest smashing pumpkin

A wendron side being beaten - but i thought.........

you thought what?

Guest smashing pumpkin

yeh it is an upset that a team from a couple of leagues below wins, but i think we got a good squad and every player in our team has played a higher standard.

and camborne park did pull off a good result against us in the cup but they also have a team that is playing in a league too low for them.

i dont know what you mean le boss about with a wendron side being beaten but you thought??? r u trying to imply that i am being like scothio because i havent

been on here saying wendron are going to win this and that.

yeh it is an upset that a team from a couple of leagues below wins, but i think we got a good squad and every player in our team has played a higher standard.

and camborne park did pull off a good result against us in the cup but they also have a team that is playing in a league too low for them.

i dont know what you mean le boss about with a wendron side being beaten but you thought??? r u trying to imply that i am being like scothio because i havent

Team in the wrong league - that old chestnut.

My point is that your team beat a side from a division above you but it is not an upset. You lose to a team below you - an upset - but there is a reason other than they were better than you on the day. Just be magnanimous in defeat AND in victory. Take it from someone who has found out - comments always come back to bite you and arrogance is not a fine quality. No offence is meant to you or your team and perhaps we will meet and hopefuly we will cause the upset lol

My point is that your team beat a side from a division above you but it is not an upset. You lose to a team below you - an upset - but there is a reason other than they were better than you on the day. Just be magnanimous in defeat AND in victory. Take it from someone who has found out - comments always come back to bite you and arrogance is not a fine quality. No offence is meant to you or your team and perhaps we will meet and hopefuly we will cause the upset lol

They are sixth in division 2 mind, so they are way to good for that division. Of course its a shock.

Guest smashing pumpkin

They are sixth in division 2 mind, so they are way to good for that division. Of course its a shock.

i never said wendon is too good for div 2. i said camborne park are better than div 5. i have also not at any point on this forum have said wendron will win anything this season. all i have said is that we have a good squad. and that we will do alright this season i havent said anything about winning things. we will lose games this season and i know we wont win the junior cup or the league but i think we will have a good season. i wasnt that surprised that we beat constantine as they have lost more than half there double winning side from last year and have a really young team. if we was against illogan or st buryan or the mighty helston i wouldnt be so confident on a result.

Dates of the next rounds are

Round 3 - Saturday 8th December

Round 4 - Saturday 5th January

Round 5 - Saturday 2nd February

Divisonal Finals - Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th February

Junior Cup Final - Monday 1st April (Easter Monday).............Interesting Date????

Make sure you fill in the forms correctly ! :c:

i never said wendon is too good for div 2. i said camborne park are better than div 5. i have also not at any point on this forum have said wendron will win anything this season. all i have said is that we have a good squad. and that we will do alright this season i havent said anything about winning things. we will lose games this season and i know we wont win the junior cup or the league but i think we will have a good season. i wasnt that surprised that we beat constantine as they have lost more than half there double winning side from last year and have a really young team. if we was against illogan or st buryan or the mighty helston i wouldnt be so confident on a result.

to be honest i played for camborne park in that game against wendron on day we were bettter side but i think surely must be counted as upset div 5 against 2?? as same as 2 against premier side?? but wendron do have decent side and it was hard day we played them in testing conditions however was same for both sides and on day best side won as obviously did on saturday! upsets make cup interesting

to be honest i played for camborne park in that game against wendron on day we were bettter side but i think surely must be counted as upset div 5 against 2?? as same as 2 against premier side?? but wendron do have decent side and it was hard day we played them in testing conditions however was same for both sides and on day best side won as obviously did on saturday! upsets make cup interesting

Defo an upset.. Tine are a good team. Where was it played .. heard tine is a tough place to go.

oh dear Dan...but you did say that wendron have a good squad......

Defo an upset.. Tine are a good team. Where was it played .. heard tine is a tough place to go.

Played at Wendron on main pitch.

Dates of the next rounds are

Round 3 - Saturday 8th December

Round 4 - Saturday 5th January

Round 5 - Saturday 2nd February

Divisonal Finals - Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th February

Junior Cup Final - Monday 1st April (Easter Monday).............Interesting Date????

The Junior and Senior cup finals have been played on the Easter Monday for several years now.

Hi Sam, keep up the good work mate!! Never had a doubt about your ability and how easy you would find adult football, you can drift past anyone with your skills whether they are six feet tall or four foot! Jack would love to be in your team mate, you're one of his heroes on and off the pitch even more so after the Germany tour last May!!! ;-) He's only got another two years to wait! Could see him scoring a few from your passes bud! Look forward to sitting down with my cup of tea and mars bar watching that on a Saturday in a couple years!! Good luck for the rest of the season Sam, will come out and watch you before that anyway mate x

Hi Kempy, saw Keith today and he said you were the perfect patient mate! Sorry i was off for the weekend. He said he looked after Perranwells best ever striker! That bloke is some tennis player bud, thought I was decent until I played him!!! Look after yourself and don't rush things, love to uncle Court as well mate x