Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Table - Sat 3-11-12

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text any info to 07597907549.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

3rd November 2012

Falmouth Town Reserves (Nathan Macintosh, Rob Vincent) 2-2 Newquay Reserves (Sam Hill, Alex Cole)

Att - 46

Goonhavern Athletic (Paul Robertson 3, Martin Bennetts, Lewis Waters) 5-1 Troon (Ashley Smeeth)

Att - 30

Hayle Reserves (Andy James) 1-5 Porthleven Reserves (Dan Greet 3, Gavin Perraton 2)

Att - 30

Holman SC (Jason Blight) 1-1 Wendron United (Chris Harris)

Att - 20

Ludgvan (Gerens James 2, Tom Patrick) 3-1 Perranwell (Jimmy Thompson)

Att - 50

Mullion (Dagan Vaughn-Spruce) 1-6 St Day (Danny Ford 3, Ryan Trathen, Gavin Boon, Chris Tolley)

Att - 43

RNAS Culdrose (Jack Valentine 4, David McPhee, Craig Lambert, Michael Clarke) 7-0 Falmouth Athletic

Att - 20

St Agnes 0-3 Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen, Jay Smith, OG)

Att - 60

St Just 0-5 Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown 2, Jack Willis, Jamie Payne, Luke May)

Att - 130

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 13 10 1 2 36 19 17 31

2 PENDEEN ROVERS 12 9 2 1 36 12 24 29

3 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 13 8 2 3 38 23 15 26

4 ST DAY 13 8 2 3 35 23 12 26

5 ST IVES TOWN 12 6 6 0 34 15 19 24

6 MULLION 14 7 1 6 39 34 5 22

7 ST AGNES 11 7 0 4 33 22 11 21

8 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 13 6 2 5 30 27 3 20

9 PERRANWELL 13 5 3 5 28 22 6 18

10 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 10 5 2 3 26 16 10 17

11 WENDRON UNITED 12 5 2 5 25 24 1 17

12 HAYLE RESERVES 13 4 4 5 21 26 -5 16

13 TROON 11 5 0 6 29 24 5 15

14 RNAS CULDROSE 9 4 2 3 24 15 9 14

15 LUDGVAN 11 4 1 6 23 27 -4 13

16 NEWQUAY RESERVES 14 3 3 8 23 39 -16 12

17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 16 3 1 12 25 59 -34 10

18 ST JUST 11 3 0 8 15 30 -15 9

19 HOLMAN SC 13 2 1 10 12 47 -32 7

20 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 12 1 1 10 19 50 -31 4

Ludgvan 3-1 Perranwell.

Perranwell goalscorer Jimmy Thompson.

A poor performance from Perran who after some early chances and an early goal just did not get going. A deserved win for Ludgvan who also had a penalty saved with the game at 2-1. Game ruined by some VERY poor refereeing (for both sides). Perranwell goalkeeper was harshly sent off in the 70th min (roughly) after bringing down the striker outside the box, even the Ludgvan striker was bemused as to why the ref had brandished a red though.

Ludgvan are a good little side and a nice bunch of lads, good luck for the season.

Att 50

Goonhavern 5 v Troon 1

Scorers Paul Robertson 3, Martin Bennetts & Lewis Waters & Ashley Smith for Troon (Penalty)

Attendance 30

Good performance from us today, played some great stuff at times. Aside from the start of the second half when we took time to adjust to Troon's formation change, we controlled the game. All the best to Troon. Roll on Falmouth next weekend!

Hayle v Porthleven 1-5

Very good game today by porthleven. Played very well and improving every week with a good squad of young players (except scott toy). A few interesting challenges from the hayle players however they did keep going till the end. Port were up for it right from the start and work rate throughout the game was superb. Bring on next week lads!

Dont need to bang on about how well all the lads played today , you only gotta see there facing , they are really enjoying there football and full off pride to be wearing the Pendeen Shirt,

I was pleased to see Michael Jacko wills score against his old team class finish from a inch perfect pass from Housey , did love the goal celebration

talking of goal celebrations there is no stopping Wade Daley Brown , since his return to Borlaise Park its fair to say that his impact has been there for all to see , his second goal chipping the keeper was a touch of class, and a player playing at his best

The Pendeen away support was at its best just like the team, was good to see so many there

it can only be good for the lads on the pitch to have such a strong following

So on behalf of all us die hards, well done to the whole team :thumbsup:

And there is one Man looking down tonight with the biggest smile ever! RIP Colin

Holman sports club 1-1 Wendron

Att 20

Holman goalscorer - Jason blight

Their is something weird going on at Holmans!!! We've gone two weeks without losing a game and in that time we've only conceded one goal.....it's very strange!!!

To be honest we rode our luck better then frankie dettori at ascot but whilst Lady Luck is smiling down on us we will take everything we can get. Lovely sunny day at blaythorne apart from the rain and golf ball sized hailstones which curtailed the warm up slightly but anything that curtails the warm up be it hailstones, plague of locust, flooding or acts of god gets a big thumbs up from me :). Not a bad sized crowd considering the conditions. The Holmans faithful of selleys old man and Glynn blight were there as always......secretly everyone was hoping bobbys imaginary new girlfriend was going to be there to so we could all have a butchers but sadly she didn't pitch up!!!

I know your all excited to hear how the coin toss went for jase but sadly I can't remember so I apologise to all the betting syndicates across the county waiting for that result! One thing jase did do was injure himself within 4 minutes but soldiered on for the next 86min as usual. Holmans were at virtual full strength today missing only the exciting young teenager Simon lavis from the squad this gave Tasky a bit of a dilemma as its much easier keeping players happy when you turn up with a bare 11 every week like we normally do!

Both sides started brightly Adam Barnicoat was being a pain in the ass for Wendron in the middle of midfield pulling more strings then pinoccios personal trainer but Holmans were getting the ball to billy wizz mike down the right wing who was causing the Wendron defence problems. Due to the fact things were going far to smoothly Holmans thought we would have a tactical shuffle which proved as popular as the 1990 England Germany penalty shoot out.....needless to say the 3, 1 ,6 formation (it wasn't that but it felt like it!!!) got sacked off rapidly due to wendrons ability to recreate the film Zulu with the Holmans defence making out like rourkes drift luckily no welsh people were present to do any singing so we were all grateful for small mercies. Wendron were being a bit guilty of squandering some good chances in front of goal but were also being denied by some top draw 'worldie' saves by Ben Minns in goal. Ben was beaten once and I had to pull of a hamstring threatening 'athletic' goaline punt at one stage but we were holding on even creating our own chances at the other end. Jase had a penalty appeal waved away much to his sheer joy and happiness but in the 45th min the visitors grabbed a goal to go 0-1 up.....bugger. :(

Ht 0-1

The 2nd half continued to be a close affair with nothing much separating the sides billings and Phil Greenlaw came on for the home side and immediately made an impact and Holmans were rewarded when jase got on the end of a corner to draw the scores level. Their was still time for a few Ben Minns acrobatic saves, I'm sure he thinks the sky sport cameras are in attendance every week otherwise he might catch a few rather then finger tipping them over the cross bar in a slow motion styley but the honours were shared. 1-1

We thought we may have got out the bottom 2 with the vital point but sadly (for us) Port got a gr8 result for themselves at Hayle so things are still pretty interesting at the foot of the table. We are on the road next week off to the delights of perranwell. Can we finally get a result there? Will we have a bare 11? Will jase win the toss? Will jase not get injured (no chance) will bobbys imaginary girlfriend turn up? All these questions and more will be answered in next weeks thrilling (or not so thrilling) installment

St Just 0 - Pendeen 5

Well, the St Just old boys Ash Ellis, Jack Willis, Gary Mathews, Scott Meagre etc, made us pay today. No excuses, Tinners were outplayed. A couple of the goals perhaps should have been dealt with better and Tinners squandered some chances too, but, well played Pendeen, you certainly deserved your win.

For St Just one or two good performances - Toby Cape barely put a foot wrong, Darren Ball and Lee Patchett great and Mark Strick well, Stricky you get better and better every game. Chris Curnow, good game Chris, week on week you've got fitter and it's showed in your performance. You will be missed - good luck on your travels.

Tinners you did your best, given you're still without key players but hey, again, well played Pendeen.

St Just 0 - Pendeen 5

Well, the St Just old boys Ash Ellis, Jack Willis, Gary Mathews, Scott Meagre etc, made us pay today. No excuses, Tinners were outplayed. A couple of the goals perhaps should have been dealt with better and Tinners squandered some chances too, but, well played Pendeen, you certainly deserved your win.

For St Just one or two good performances - Toby Cape barely put a foot wrong, Darren Ball and Lee Patchett great and Mark Strick well, Stricky you get better and better every game. Chris Curnow, good game Chris, week on week you've got fitter and it's showed in your performance. You will be missed - good luck on your travels.

Tinners you did your best, given you're still without key players but hey, again, well played Pendeen.

. well Keith you must of been watching a different Chris Curnow than me today, the lad is an utter coward, he had a poor game, the amount of kicks and punches he did off the ball was disgraceful,the combo league will be better wiithout him,as for the game,Pendeen controlled the game from start to finish,St just had a 15m spell in 2nd half but didn't look like scoring.i think the Pendeen keeper had 1 save to make all game,as for the x St Just players yep they played well,Scott Meagre, never given a chance to play 1st team at St Just and the lad is quality,Pendeen have a great team spirit,a young side,no individuals,a lesson there for St Just.

would just like to say a big thank you to steve and all at st just for the great hospitality after the game yesterday. as usual a hard fought game, which we deserved to win.great time in clubhouse after.once again thanks guys, good luck for the rest of the season, see you all boxing day.

Neil Rudkin was the ref, done a great job, he has played the game at a good level, and it showed.only 1 bad challenge in the game that resulted in a penalty,a lot going on off the ball with Chris Curnow ,but the ref can't see it all.

Good player in his day, and a very good referee. Things going on off the ball, really, well it is St thugs. Unusually though off the ball, its normally right in your face. Tough old place to go. Mind Pendeen ain't no shrinking violets, have enjoyed my times in both places.

Theolderyougetthemorecrapyoutalk, who are you? Another useless comment!

Ah! another name change. Well I played in both places many times so I feel qualified to post that. Tell you what I'll use their own words, robust, is that better for you.

Suggest you read some of the posts from the game, and the post about trying to change their image. So maybe you should have thought out your post a bit better.

Tell you what though, I will now refrain from refering to them as St Thhhhhh, won't say it no more as it obviously offends.

I will add, that I have always had a good time in both camps and find the spectators keen, passionate and robust, on the field and in the bar - like the players really ho ho ho!