Plymouth Parkway v Penzance

Tavistock v Falmouth Town

Torpoint Ath v Bovey Tracey

Newquay 0 Saltash 4

Aaron Cusack

Matt Cusack

Sam Hughes

Ross Saint

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on how either team played, or how the ref did!

The two teams were equally matched in the first 30 minutes, but slowly "the ashes" took control of the game and ran out more than worthy winners. The Newquay goalkeeper , looked as though he shouldnt have even started the game. He looked to have aggravated an existing injury after conceding the first goal, but I must say his movements were worthy of an instant Equity Card.

What the "squabble" at the end of the game was all about, I truly have no idea, but I am advised it was videod.

Newquay 0 Saltash 4

Aaron Cusack

Matt Cusack

Sam Hughes

Ross Saint

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on how either team played, or how the ref did!

I was at the game, Newquay 'keeper injured midway in first half but had to carry on as no sub keeper or player good enough to take over. The result was 2 of the softest goals ever seen at Mount Wise, the ref losing the plot, one lino having a player booked for being called an idiot, whilst the other lino took all the abuse dished out.

Newquay were never really in the game and a 0-1 result would have been about right as Saltash were no more than an average side. The problem for Hooper seems to be what is his best front line, some players clearly can't work together, others are out of position.

Pitch was in superb condition, well done to the Newquay ground staff, even with the monsoon and hail in the 2nd half, the players were not slipping or the pitch getting cut up. This is still our first season in the Premier Div, other clubs have had time to get used to it, we will still finish top 6 and if we get a good cup run then that will satisfy the demands of those at Mount Wise.

Newquay 0 Saltash 4

Aaron Cusack

Matt Cusack

Sam Hughes

Ross Saint

I was at the game, Newquay 'keeper injured midway in first half but had to carry on as no sub keeper or player good enough to take over. The result was 2 of the softest goals ever seen at Mount Wise, the ref losing the plot, one lino having a player booked for being called an idiot, whilst the other lino took all the abuse dished out.

Newquay were never really in the game and a 0-1 result would have been about right as Saltash were no more than an average side. The problem for Hooper seems to be what is his best front line, some players clearly can't work together, others are out of position.

Pitch was in superb condition, well done to the Newquay ground staff, even with the monsoon and hail in the 2nd half, the players were not slipping or the pitch getting cut up. This is still our first season in the Premier Div, other clubs have had time to get used to it, we will still finish top 6 and if we get a good cup run then that will satisfy the demands of those at Mount Wise.

Would it not have been better to have a fully fit mobile outfield player in goal, regardless of your own opinion of no one being good enough, maybe the 2 of the softest goal you have ever seen may not have been scored, if they were down to the fact that your keeper was carrying an injury? There's normally 1 outfield player who thinks they are the next Gordon Banks....

Top six finish is a tall order, a mid table finish would/should be acceptable...

Would it not have been better to have a fully fit mobile outfield player in goal, regardless of your own opinion of no one being good enough, maybe the 2 of the softest goal you have ever seen may not have been scored, if they were down to the fact that your keeper was carrying an injury? There's normally 1 outfield player who thinks they are the next Gordon Banks....

Agreed, If I were the manager, I would have put an outfield player in goal but Hoops is the manager and he chose not to, can argue all night if it was the right decision or not. If we still had Glen Squires, it would have been a no brainer, he would have gone between the sticks.

Beaker, I bow to your superior knowledge on Newquay AFC and where they may finish come April.

Newquay 0 Saltash 4

Aaron Cusack

Matt Cusack

Sam Hughes

Ross Saint

Ok Nemesis, where were you standing/sitting in the ground? I thought the Referee and his Assistants had a good game.

To call Saltash United "an average side" seems to me rather unfair. The game was quite even for around half an hour, after which, "the ashes goalkeeper could have gone for a drink in the bar.

Agreed, If I were the manager, I would have put an outfield player in goal but Hoops is the manager and he chose not to, can argue all night if it was the right decision or not. If we still had Glen Squires, it would have been a no brainer, he would have gone between the sticks.

Beaker, I bow to your superior knowledge on Newquay AFC and where they may finish come April.

No arguments required - The 2 softest goals you have ever seen answers the question!

Camelford 1-2 Witheridge

Great result for Witheridge.

Bit of a disappointment, thought a draw would have been a fair result especially as the Camels were winning 1 - 0 for a long time. Taking nothing away from Witheridge though, a strong and well organised side, who scored two very good goals, their second in the last couple of minutes of the game. Probably the best team to come to Trefrew this season and a nice bunch of lads. Good Luck for the remainder of the season.

Away from home were struggling. Looking poor at times. Made it 1-1 before we went down to ten men for laying someone out i asume. After that we created nothing and liverton hit the post late on. Long trip for a cold afternoon and little excitement.

Liverton......intresting.

Home fans 10 maybe........i maybe a bit generous with that figure.

Blazey fans 22

How do they support a swpl side?????

Know exactly where your coming from Paul.

Played Liverton midweek and they brought a couple of supporters and that's it. It's a shame because their not a bad side at all and in all honesty deserved a point against us in midweek.

Liverton......intresting.

Home fans 10 maybe........i maybe a bit generous with that figure.

Blazey fans 22

How do they support a swpl side?????

Well we Buckland travelled to Winterbourne FC (Bristol) a couple of weeks ago in a mid week match.

They play on on Gloucestershire FC`s Headquarters ground and is a shared facility.

Absolutely no advertising boarding, a couple of porta cabins bolted together for a club house ( beer in cans out of a fridge ) and an official attendance of just 45 .

£5 to get in, minus the officials fees,Ground rental with floodlights, players expenses , and hospitality ( a Guy went off and came back with Sausage and chips for all the players and officials ) It really does make you wonder how clubs at any pyramid level survive ?

Great affection for Liverton as both our lads played there as juniors and of course a certain Mr Lynch was also a first team player there in his younger days.

Great win for the Bude! Callington a very poor side for somebody who is meant to be a top 5 side in the Peninsula West Division, 5-2 flattered them big time! Good luck for rest of the season though!

Are Bude going to apply for promotion to SWP? Appears they may be strong enough.

yes we are planning on applying its where we think we should be. yesterday was a test which we passed. we played very well and showed great team spirit. must say well done to there team when there winger 'kurt' went in on our centre half two footed disgusting tackle they all agreed it was terrible and it save what could have been a bad tempered game. credit to all there players im sure they will bounce back

Has anyone else noticed we haven't been graced with hoppits opinion on camelfords loss yesterday, is it because he only posts when they win or has Mr Hambley told him off for constantly blowing his teams trumpet??

Thank you very much for being so concerned mp6 but i do have another life. I must say i was delighted to be at Trefrew Park yesterday to see 2 good sides doing battle. Witheridge were by far the best team to visit Trefrew this season and also brought some fans who liked a bit of banter. Two young teams played some very good football, and what was pleasing there was not one big time Charlie on the park all playing from the heart and giving everything. I thought a draw would have been a fair result but having said that the 2 goals Witheridge scored were deserving of winning any match the last 1 in injury time, 2 great long range shots. I hope this satisfies your lust for me mp6. OOH i've come over all sweaty.

agreed HENRY HORNET, he could have made a difference being one of their better players. Conditions were dreadful though as I was there and having seen Newquay a few times this season I feel they are just lacking something to make them a potential top 4 team. They could do with improving down the right hand side the full-back is bang average and the winger can look tidy at times but cant move. Good core to their team though and they can be a danger to most sides when on song. Keeping the lad Watkins would have been huge!