Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 3rd November 2012

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 3rd November

Premier Division

Lanreath 1 Morwenstow 2

Launceston v Plymouth Parkway (Postponed)

Millbrook 2 Bere Alston United 1

St Dominick 3 Elburton Villa 2

Division One

Kilkhampton v Bodmin Town (Postponed)

Plymstock United 2 St Stephen 3

Roche 3 St Blazey 2

St Stephens Borough 2 Callington Town 4

Rowett Insurance League Cup Second Round

Saltash United 1 Tavistock 1 (aet) Saltash win 4-2 on penalty kicks

St Teath 8 St Blazey Gate 1

MILLBROOK 2... BERE ALSTON..1

Got to say this was a cracking game to ref in horrible weather, :thumbsup:

both set of players played there part and i think anyone who was there wouid tell you the same :thumbsup:

just to want to mention the club assts from both teams..and what a great job they did.today

derek murphy of bere.. and paul McDonnell,, of millbrook,, well done :thumbsup:

that was my last game for a while and i will miss the league..

so thank you for todays game :thumbsup: ,,, martin smith(referee)

Lanreath 1 v 2 morwenstow

We morwenstow went 2 up in first half and was in control . 2nd half lanreath came out the better side we then stepped it up a gear but couldn't score . They got a goal back with 5mins left but couldn't get the draw . Lanreath good bunch of lads and game was well reffed

Another interesting derby game between Saltash and Tavistock this afternoon. Both teams have enjoyed a good run of form up to date and today's performances showed why.

Saltash had the majority of the play in the first half, but Tavistock posing a decent threat going forward. Both teams defended tirelessly but it was Tavistock who broke the deadlock with a fine volley from "hatchy". That was their first shot on target! Saltash saw 4 or 5 decent opportunities squandered or well saved with a goal being disallowed too. we trailed 1-0 at half time. In the second half saltash dominated, pushing on and creating another 3 or 4 chances, another ruled out for offside, before Aaron west scored a peach after an excellent cross from Ryan Elliott. The game ended 1-1 and extra time proved a similar affair, Tavistock defending well and saltash pushing on, but no further goals scored.

The harsh penalties awaited! Tavistock scoring 2, missing 1 and having 1 excellently saved, saltash scoring all 4 to win 4-2 on pens. All in all an excellent competitive game between the two teams and a deserved win for saltash. Looking forward to the draw for the next round!

Another interesting derby game between Saltash and Tavistock this afternoon. Both teams have enjoyed a good run of form up to date and today's performances showed why.

Saltash had the majority of the play in the first half, but Tavistock posing a decent threat going forward. Both teams defended tirelessly but it was Tavistock who broke the deadlock with a fine volley from "hatchy". That was their first shot on target! Saltash saw 4 or 5 decent opportunities squandered or well saved with a goal being disallowed too. we trailed 1-0 at half time. In the second half saltash dominated, pushing on and creating another 3 or 4 chances, another ruled out for offside, before Aaron west scored a peach after an excellent cross from Ryan Elliott. The game ended 1-1 and extra time proved a similar affair, Tavistock defending well and saltash pushing on, but no further goals scored.

The harsh penalties awaited! Tavistock scoring 2, missing 1 and having 1 excellently saved, saltash scoring all 4 to win 4-2 on pens. All in all an excellent competitive game between the two teams and a deserved win for saltash. Looking forward to the draw for the next round!

Decent writeup there.

Think overall Saltash just shaded it & deserved their win.

Special mention to our keeper Jamie Castle who was outstanding today with several fine saves.

Good luck Saltash in the next round.

Cheers Marin well done today.

I echo what u said difficult conditions but credit to both sides who I believed looked to get the ball down and play. Having said that possibly still not the prettiest game to watch and in horrendous conditions towards the end but played in the right spirit and as usual from the lynx effect refereed well and in the right manor. At times I feel refs can get carried away and not take in to account conditions but as usual I thought smithy had a good game,

credit to bere Alston today thought they battled well and at times the game could have gone either way. A good bunch of lads who played well and good to see all come in for a drink and several players staying for along time in the club after. Im sure if they play like that week in week out they'll start to string of results together.

From myself and all at millbrook fc martin aka 'lynx effect' wishing u all the best on the op and a speedy recovery! Safe to say one of if not the best refs in ecpl and u'll b sadly missed over next few weeks I'm sure by all clubs not just us!

Swiggsy

Roche won 3-2

was a close game that could of gone either way,a draw wud of been a fair result!!

typical local derby game with tackles n abuse lol both teams worked hard,ref got some things right/wrong 4 both teams so no complaints apart from the penalty he awarded roche :SM_carton: always good playing against m8s n can c y after 2days game roche will b up there come end of season all the breast till we meet down blazey where i will bash a hat-trick against ur team babos.

Cheers Marin well done today.

I echo what u said difficult conditions but credit to both sides who I believed looked to get the ball down and play. Having said that possibly still not the prettiest game to watch and in horrendous conditions towards the end but played in the right spirit and as usual from the lynx effect refereed well and in the right manor. At times I feel refs can get carried away and not take in to account conditions but as usual I thought smithy had a good game,

credit to bere Alston today thought they battled well and at times the game could have gone either way. A good bunch of lads who played well and good to see all come in for a drink and several players staying for along time in the club after. Im sure if they play like that week in week out they'll start to string of results together.

From myself and all at millbrook fc martin aka 'lynx effect' wishing u all the best on the op and a speedy recovery! Safe to say one of if not the best refs in ecpl and u'll b sadly missed over next few weeks I'm sure by all clubs not just us!

Swiggsy

Yaeh thought mr smith was top draw yesterday as for the game i thouhgt we played so really good football yesterday and thought we deserved something out of the game what was good to see a lot of young players on show in both teams and playing really well. we are now getting back the old bere alston spirit and its starting to show on the pitch.All the best to milbrook for the season and to martin on the op

thanks for all the next comments :thumbsup: ryan,,stewart, jefferson hog :thumbsup:

i love refereeing in the ecpl and think i speak for some of the plymouth based referees as well :thumbsup:

well i have waited 4 years for the op so a little nevvy for wednesday :yahoo:

i shall miss the league a bit hopefully will catch a couple of games before i come back :thumbsup:

i will of course let you know how i get on in hospital

thank you all once again.. martin smith

thanks for all the next comments :thumbsup: ryan,,stewart, jefferson hog :thumbsup:

i love refereeing in the ecpl and think i speak for some of the plymouth based referees as well :thumbsup:

well i have waited 4 years for the op so a little nevvy for wednesday :yahoo:

i shall miss the league a bit hopefully will catch a couple of games before i come back :thumbsup:

i will of course let you know how i get on in hospital

thank you all once again.. martin smith

Good bye fat boy!!

Hello slim boy in a few weeks!

All the best

Matty England

All this talk of Bude gonna win the league, you must think we're all a bunch of mugs!! They haven't got the minerals. Millbrook or Parkway will win it

wow how can u even say that lets jus see wat the table reads come the end of the season

great team performance against callington 1st and a team of the day to go with it

Well 2 be honest dave the pen was more like a rugby tackle so the ref got it right and 4 u to score a hat-trick when we play at ur place I think we should have a little bet on that? And dave have u ever scored a hat-trick?

yes babos iv had a couple wen playing sunday league in my younger days,think u may of even been playing 4 us at the time,enjoyed the game on saturday feeling stiff now tho lol can u tell 1 of the ozzy twins that iv still got his studs in my knee,does he want them back 4 the wkend lol

Green Street or Football Factory? Havin a bubble ain't ya! If you're gonna try and mug me off then get the film right! Now you're just muggin yourself off, pull your pants back up will ya. And all you Bude lot giving it the old we'll see at the end of the season nonsense need to behave. But if talkin about it won leagues you'd be home and dry fellas

Green Street or Football Factory? Havin a bubble ain't ya! If you're gonna try and mug me off then get the film right! Now you're just muggin yourself off, pull your pants back up will ya. And all you Bude lot giving it the old we'll see at the end of the season nonsense need to behave. But if talkin about it won leagues you'd be home and dry fellas

Cool story bro

Well 2 be honest dave the pen was more like a rugby tackle so the ref got it right and 4 u to score a hat-trick when we play at ur place I think we should have a little bet on that? And dave have u ever scored a hat-trick?

yes babos iv had a couple wen playing sunday league in my younger days,think u may of even been playing 4 us at the time,enjoyed the game on saturday feeling stiff now tho lol can u tell 1 of the ozzy twins that iv still got his studs in my knee,does he want them back 4 the wkend lol

ur the one talking about it pal not us. were not cocky at all perhaps ee should be ;) u seem to be scared or more interested in us

no one touching bude fc at the moment?! All this talk about bude winning the league... Could be done and dusted sooner rather than later. A few injuries that caused a few hiccups but tbh still smashing higher league clubs back to where they come from! Seasiders are ganna pull pants down this season! FACT

no one touching bude fc at the moment?! All this talk about bude winning the league... Could be done and dusted sooner rather than later. A few injuries that caused a few hiccups but tbh still smashing higher league clubs back to where they come from! Seasiders are ganna pull pants down this season! FACT

Funny how torpoint pulled your pants down last week wake up out of your dream!

If you wanna come back and collect your pants from the pitch feel free....

One good result against higher league opposition dont make you league winners.

Didn't really have our pants pulled down as it showed the ref had a shambles therefore one more goal up in the second half and we woulda had that game! Also... The league never lies... What you see now is what you will see at the end of the season. Will miss the torpoint boys next season! Pfft most of em will be wanting to play for bude.

Bude are organised this year, been promising to be a good team but fall by the wayside when the rain comes in. Torpoint have been top end for few years and have the experience and players to maintain winning ways. Bude will get sea sick soon, just like some of their comments. Dont count your chickens could be left with egg on your face. All best for the remaining season you will need it. :thumbsup: