Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance v Camelford

tyringham ghost....no frank or dr last night but the game was played in good spirits :yahoo:

and never missed a penalty

Sorry mate but you did, not sure of the year but it was an eternity ago, you were playing for Helston v Penryn ( i was in goal for Penryn) game was at Helston, evening game and we won 3-1 after YOU missed (rather I saved your penalty at 1-1). To be expected, you forgetting when you miss one.

Mangotsfield United fan here in peace, just back from a week in Cornwall at Perranporth and although I had planned to watch St Blazey v Bodmin last Wednesday, the rain put paid to that & I ended up at Penzance v Camelford instead - amazingly, I saw the same fixture last October as well! That, too, ended as an away win, as this one did.

But it was a good game on Wednesday which I enjoyed and the Penzance youngsters gave their all. Camelford were clearly a good side, as their league position says, but I think 4-0 was harsh on the Magpies who never gave up at all. I just hoped that my presence (!) would change the Magpies' luck this season, but it wasn't to be and I hope their luck changes soon. I see they lost 5-1 at Plymouth Parkway today as well, but there's always the next game, I suppose, so keep on battling, lads, the spirit is there. Credit though to the Penzance groundstaff who obviously worked hard to produce a great pitch at Penlee Park, amid all the bad weather of Wednesday & I admit I half expected it to be off, after the St Blazey game fell victim to the weather. I understand the programme was an emergency edition on Wednesday, so as a programme co-editor myself, I know how these problems do happen from time to time, so well done to the club as well for getting something out for us all to read.

As ever, I will continue to keep an eye on all the Peninsula League results, particularly Penzance's, and even Foxhole who I see lost at Perranporth today. I visited the Perranporth ground this morning as we began our journey home & took a few pics, but once the Magpies & Foxhole boys end their barren runs, I shall make sure the Mangotsfield faithful get to hear about it in our programme! Good luck then to all Cornish Peninsula & lower league sides for the rest of the season! :c: :c: :c:

And on a personal note, there I am at Penlee Park on Wednesday, wearing my Mangotsfield hat and a chap comes up to me & says, "Ah, the Mangos, I see - are you Bob or Dave???" Turns out he was a Mango fan, more so from years ago than of late, & I did sort of think "he looks familiar", but he still follows the club's results & reads the programme on line as well. Small world!! And I saw him again on Friday in St Ives!!

68 adults entered the ground to watch up till half-time Dave (+ 4 or 5 youngsters who we don't charge) Thanks for your continued interest and I agree with your summing up of the game. The 5 - 1 defeat at Parkway yesterday was a similar story. 3 - 1 would have much more closely reflected the way things went.

68 adults entered the ground to watch up till half-time Dave (+ 4 or 5 youngsters who we don't charge) Thanks for your continued interest and I agree with your summing up of the game. The 5 - 1 defeat at Parkway yesterday was a similar story. 3 - 1 would have much more closely reflected the way things went.

I for one will be delighted when you have your first win John, best of luck to you too Denty.

I saw your stats in the Indepedant today, pretty impressive I may say, never thought you were THAT!! good, just a pain in the arse! ho ho ho! well done you.

I for one will be delighted when you have your first win John, best of luck to you too Denty.

I saw your stats in the Indepedant today, pretty impressive I may say, never thought you were THAT!! good, just a pain in the arse! ho ho ho! well done you.

You obviously dont know me as well as you make out then do you TOIGTBIW, however I cant take the credit for the stat in the independent as it is a team game and the back four I played behind was not only the best collectively but also individually so a big thank you from me to them for getting me the recognition. Paddy Scrace, Tommy Matthews, Graham Heard and Steve Rogers. They took some beating well done lads.

Denty, anyone that had the pleasure of being your team mate in your prime will only have great things to say about you mate. I was often stood up the other end of the pitch shaking my head in disbelief watching some of the many saves you pulled off and wondering how you did it!!! Luckily we were on the attack more than defending in those days but it was always reassuring to know that if a forward did ever manage to get past Tommy or Dave they still had you to beat bud. It was a nice feeling being up the other end and knowing if we did notch one or two then that was usually it, we won!!! Best of luck at Penzance, if anyone can turn it around its you mate x

You obviously dont know me as well as you make out then do you TOIGTBIW, however I cant take the credit for the stat in the independent as it is a team game and the back four I played behind was not only the best collectively but also individually so a big thank you from me to them for getting me the recognition. Paddy Scrace, Tommy Matthews, Graham Heard and Steve Rogers. They took some beating well done lads.

MMMmmm!!!! thought that went without saying - ah well!!!!

God you really are an arrogant sh*t,

Now now John, if I had posted its a team game then I would have been slated for demeaning your stats.

No win that one for me I'm afraid, hardly arrogant my friend.

Now now John, if I had posted its a team game then I would have been slated for demeaning your stats.

i love the way you enjoy annoying everyone..!! but when you annoy cornish legend "Rappo" on another thread you apologise like mad to him..!! ha ha brilliant.., were you bullied as a kid?? and now feel like you need to get your own back when hiding behind a sh*t name?? :) (oh yea - ho ho ho.....)

Just in case some are wondering what the stats relate to - article is now appearing on the CORNISH SOCCER website

i love the way you enjoy annoying everyone..!! but when you annoy cornish legend "Rappo" on another thread you apologise like mad to him..!! ha ha brilliant.., were you bullied as a kid?? and now feel like you need to get your own back when hiding behind a sh*t name?? :) (oh yea - ho ho ho.....)

Was I bullied as a kid????? Whats up Doc!!! Ho ho ho! Cornish " legend" Rappo - who's he???? Short term memory loss - whats up Doc!!! Only problem as a child was that name, bit of a handle.