Cornwall Football Forum

Tonight at Penlee Park

Penzance v Camelford tonight at 730 .

The Magpies look to get their first points of the season against a hard-working Camelford side

Beat St Blazey 6 1 Saltash 4 2 Parkway 3 0 St Austell 3 0 think you need a bit more than hard work to get those sort of results.

The new long balls kings of cornish football...they still wont finish in top half at and of the season ..wait till Bodmin play them and show them how to play it on the floor :c:

You've got a long wait for it to come down out the sky first.

Yeh Camels striker Charlie Barnes is 4'8" so it makes sense to pump high balls in the box, you obviously watched Camels a lot this season, great footballing side.

The new long balls kings of cornish football...they still wont finish in top half at and of the season ..wait till Bodmin play them and show them how to play it on the floor :c:

Just being in the top Devon and Cornwall league is a success for the Camels, at least they have their own pitch and work with a very limited budget with relatively local players, Bodmin buy their limited success with players from all over the place, I agree Bodmin the best team by far in this league but Man Utd would be in the championship, Bodmin afraid of the challenge maybe but no great honour being better than Camels when paying 10 times as much, at least Camels would take promotion if they were in the position to do so, Bodmin have had a few chances to test at higher level but jib out every time.

Would camelford take promotion..they wouldnt ever be in the position to take it ..will soon be back in div 1 .prob when the manager leaves and takes his pounds with him..you cant rely on one person to bankroll a side ...

No they will never be in the position to take promotion, does your manager not put a quid or two in? heard he does. Could be difficult when the manager leaves he has been there for over 20 years, taken them from bottom of ECPL to top half of peninsula premier league a massive success all done on a very limited budget, if Bodmin's money dries up they will probably be in DIV1 or out of buisiness altogether. We will see the loyalty of Bodmin's players when or if the money dries up, if most of em stay i will be the first to say "Good on you lads". To be honest i don't see the point of paying loads of money a season just to win £2500 unless you can win the Vase, then of course it would be worth it. I guess Camelford are the Stoke City of the peninsula and Bodmin are Man Utd. The way it will be for a while or maybe forever who knows.

I would rather watch players who play for their shirt and wear there heart on their sleeve, watching players who pick up 100 a game don't do it for me I'm afraid! - long term Camelford will be better than bodmin but short term bodmin have the money!!!

Yeh Camels striker Charlie Barnes is 4'8" so it makes sense to pump high balls in the box, you obviously watched Camels a lot this season, great footballing side.

Sorry hoppit, it was an attempt at humour - me bad!!!!

Sorry hoppit, it was an attempt at humour - me bad!!!!

Me too i'm fick i am

Let people think whatever hoppit. As you say they don't watch us and we couldn't care less what people think of us. We work hard but we have players everyone wants. We know that by the amount of teams who keep putting 7 days in for our players offering very good money. They probably can't understand why they turn the money down. Team spirit and good mates make the atmosphere fantastic and we all love playing on our pitch. Amazing people behind the scenes make it a fantastic football club.

Going by a few on this forum camelford must be failing miserably, after all they boast the best keeper in the league along with a striker and centre midfielder that would easily get into bodmins team. Either the 3 players clearly aren't that good, or the rest of the team are really that bad

It's funny how when a team that are perhaps seen as one of the 'smaller clubs' of the Peninsula Premier are doing well, people feel the need to come onto this website and put them down. A lot has been said about this supposed 'long ball' tactic. From what I have seen from Camelford that is not particularly true. However, if it were to be true, and it was winning them games (currently unbeaten in 7/8 I believe), then why should people be putting them down for it? No doubt if the likes of Parkway, Saltash etc were playing 'long ball tactics' and it resulted in them going on an unbeaten run like Camelford currently are, you would all be on here saying how fantastic they are doing at the moment and how well they are playing.

I'm sure that if these teams mentioned above could play a 'not so attractive' style of football effectively and it resulted in them winning 5 out of 5 games rather than playing lovely passing football and only winning 2 or 3 out of 5 games, they would adopt the not so attractive style without a second thought as it results in more success.

However, fair play to teams like Bodmin who clearly play lovely football for the majority of the time and get great success from it. Fact of the matter is, they have the best team in the league by a country mile and they have the personel to be successful by playing great football. Perhaps this is why no other team in the league can even get near them, because they are trying to play lovely passing football when perhaps they are simply not good enough to do that.

Every season you always get a side that over achieves seems that this season its camelford..reality check for some of you fans if any of your players were good enough to get into the Bodmin team i expect they would walk there to play in the current Bodmin side ..Anyway i expect when Wadebridge come back up most of camelford players will jump at the chance to play for a bigger club nearby..Camelford are a small town side playing in a big town league.. :yahoo:

Every season you always get a side that over achieves seems that this season its camelford..reality check for some of you fans if any of your players were good enough to get into the Bodmin team i expect they would walk there to play in the current Bodmin side ..Anyway i expect when Wadebridge come back up most of camelford players will jump at the chance to play for a bigger club nearby..Camelford are a small town side playing in a big town league.. :yahoo:

it all goes around in cycles, Bodmin best team at the minute, not always the case, remember a few years back, team of youngsters battling away every game, players follow each other to clubs there'll be another club that splashes the cash soon, loyalty at this standard is minimum, camelford are on a good run, and wadebridge will soon be a big threat to them, they'll also be a big threat to your team when the tide turns. Unless you try competing in a standard that tests your real potential

Beacon, I think everyone has agreed that Bodmin are by far the best team in the league, so don't feel the need to keep tooting your own horn. Small town side playing in a big town league, maybe, but that's a credit to the club so I'm sure they will not take that in offense, perhaps as you intended them to. Not to dwell on the point too much as it has already been mentioned plenty of teams on here, but if you are happy with your team being a big fish in a small pond, then so be it. I'm sure there will come a time when some of your players will want a new challenge.

Bit of a daft comment about Wadebridge though, you have clearly stated that you do not believe that Camelford are a good team, so perhaps their players would not be good enough to move to a 'big town club' like Wadebridge. Wadebridge are doing fantastically themselves at the moment and fair play to them. I doubt the management their will feel the need to bring in a lot of players if they get promoted as they clearly have a good side already.

JUST WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH CAMELFORD?

You might class your club as a big town club, but from what I've seen, your following of fans is not that great!

Camelford have got some decent players, can't see any getting into Bodmin team tho, maybe squad. I think the fact they've stuck together has paid dividends for them, not brilliant individually but collectively will give most teams a game.

Played quite a bit of football when I watched them at St Austell in difficult conditions, so don't really know where long ball tag comes from.

Good to see them, Launceston, Wadebridge, Bude, St Teath and of course Bodmin all doing well, things seem to be on the up in North Cornwall at the moment.

Beacon!!! You've got plenty to say I see. Most of which is complete bullshit though! You obviously don't play football or if you did you must have been crap. You can see that Camelford are enjoying playing in the top league and are prooving themselves to be one of the top sides! Still very young they will only get stronger. Lay off the "small town club" it's getting boring. Bye bye