Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth's new management team announced

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great appointment!!!! Had the pleasure of playing for Stevo at Penzance a few moons ago now and he's one of the best man managers ever! And no mean tactician!! What him and Les don't know about local football players and teams ain't worth knowing!! The atmosphere and team spirit they will create in the dressing room will be a great experience for any player who pulls on a Town shirt. Wish you all the very best guys!!! Come on the Town!!!!! All roads lead to Bickland Park!!

MMMmmmm!!!!!!! Have to wait and see on this one. Don't think either have been involved in football for a while, so what they can attract will be interesting. Could be trouble for all the local clubs, which is where they will go trawling. Without a budget (so to speak) they could well be the fall guys.

Les is a cracking fella, so I wish him all the best - to a point.

I know that everyone at Mount Wise will look forward to welcoming Les Gilbert back to Newquay on Sat 17th Nov, one of the best loved managers in the clubs history.

I don't know Robbie, but we have exchanged emails over the years, he and Uncle Les can look forward to a very warm welcome and no doubt a good few laughs, the banter will definitely be flowing that afternoon.

Good luck at Town, but for old times sake, leave the 3pts with us !

I would like to wish Robbie and Les all the best at Falmouth Town.

They are 2 top guys and when they came in at Truro several years ago they created a brilliant atmosphere :drink: . With everyone working for each other we had a great laugh along the way.

They are a great double act and they know the right time to have a laugh and when the time is right they will get serious. They create an environment where everyone is set up to be the best they can be.

At Truro they managed to pick us up from consistently finishing near the bottom of the table in the old South-Western League and turned us into a top 6 team (before they were sacked by Mr. Heaney!). They did this with all local players, who played for the shirt and enjoyed every minute of it and they did this with no budget. There is certainly something to be said for getting a local, loyal and committed group of players together and sticking with them and I am sure that Falmouth will hope that Robbie and Les can do the same for them as they did at Truro.This obviously won't happen overnight, but given time I am sure that they can be successful again.

Good luck to everyone involved at Falmouth.

Ps. What’s the chances of Sammo and Rappo being their first signings?!!! :)

All the supporters at Falmouth Town Wish Robbie & Les all the best,

TOIGTBIW Now we know the names of the new team at Falmouth, maybe you will now be brave enough to tell us all who you are,

We all know that you dislike Falmouth, we can forgive you for that, so come on I dare you tell us,

Hammers, John E Pascoe Falmouth Town Supporter for 53 years.

:c::thumbsup: :c:

TOIGTBIW Now we know the names of the new team at Falmouth, maybe you will now be brave enough to tell us all who you are,

We all know that you dislike Falmouth, we can forgive you for that, so come on I dare you tell us,

:c::thumbsup::c:

Think he might have been the groundsman at Penryn a few years ago......

Good to see Rob and Les back in football,characters like them have been missed.Lucky to have played with both who were very good players in their time and Les in particular very highly rated by the legendary Dave Jenkins,will be interesting to see if he uses any of Jenks methods (i hope so).Robbie don,t get rid of those old boys too soon as i remember 2 old boys being discarded far to early in pz :thumbsup:

Thankyou for all the good wishes from everybody. Both Les and myself feel very honoured to be given such a post.

Everyone who knows us will know that we'll put our heart & soul into the job, and yes we will try & have fun along the way. I've been lucky to have managed some fantastic clubs. in Penzance, Truro City & now Falmouth Town, have been priveliged to have played for all three as well.

I've spoken to Rappo, he said he'd come back if I bought him new boots. A bit difficult getting Stylo Matchmaker George Bests now though!? If he can score goals for us now, like he used to for Town, I'll get them made special!!!

Sammo said he needs a zimmer to get off the golf course now, so can't make Tavi on Saturday.

Tomsy was so wrong in letting us go at PZ Per? After all, I was only 32, and you must only have been 40ish? Haha.

Chris, you were a pleasure to manage mate, if every player was like you, this job would be a doddle? Unfortunately not the case, it will be tough, but we're more determined than ever!!!

In the words of the legend that was Sabbu.

All roads lead to Bickland Park!!

Am lovin the banter already!!

Robbie.

I dont know these but it sounds like they are going to be good for Falmouth :) . May I offer one bit of advice as a big Falmouth and Chelsea supporter 'dont go chasing after Torres'

I want to see goals!! :D

Seriously though, Falmouth Town have a great bunch of players. Lets get the best from them.................. :yahoo:

:c::thumbsup::c:

Think he might have been the groundsman at Penryn a few years ago......

WRONG!! Keep guessing folks, colder by the minute. HO ho ho!!!

They will probably come calling at Helston way any time soon, going to test your no pay boys then.

The popular pairing of Robbie Stephens and Les Gilbert are the new managers of Falmouth Town

When i heard this i thought it was April 1st,best of luck you two,if Clough and Taylor = Butch and Sundance,Robbie and Les = Dumb and Dumber see you soon guys good luck. :yahoo:

Gonna need a lot of luck on Saturday, struggling for a team the rumour around here. I'll be looking for a FRIDAY!!!! cancellation for the combo side, praying for rain I expect.

Then, if lucks on their side, Tavvy's pitch is a bit of a soft one, that could go as well.

refreshing to have met Robbie and Les last evening, their passion and determination will stand the club on a solid foundation. There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can hinder the resolve of a determined soul.

TOIGTBIW.......keep your sad little comments coming....i stand by my last post in reference to you...YOU ARE SO VERY LITTLE YOU ARE LARGELY INSIGNIFICANT

Gonna need a lot of luck on Saturday, struggling for a team the rumour around here. I'll be looking for a FRIDAY!!!! cancellation for the combo side, praying for rain I expect.

Then, if lucks on their side, Tavvy's pitch is a bit of a soft one, that could go as well.

refreshing to have met Robbie and Les last evening, their passion and determination will stand the club on a solid foundation. There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can hinder the resolve of a determined soul.

TOIGTBIW.......keep your sad little comments coming....i stand by my last post in reference to you...YOU ARE SO VERY LITTLE YOU ARE LARGELY INSIGNIFICANT

Crying in my beer laughing at that one, WHOOPS!!!! fell of my barstool - ouch!!! Ho ho ho!!!

I think that the TOIGTBIW, has posted some interesting posts! We should always encourage free speech. Do think it's a little odd that Falmouth Town seem to come in for the most vitriol and snide comments, and strangely some of it is very accurate! Almost as if the perpetrator was party to the information, possible drinking at the Bickland park clubhouse. The thing is though, he has a heart he has totally left another great club, currently winless and pointless at the bottom of the Peninsula Premier league well alone, he like me must want to see Penzance rise again to where they should be with its proud history. Applying that logic, he must be bitter about something that has happened to him/her at Falmouth? Ho ho!

Well what do we know about our friend TOIGTBIW ,? Definitely an authority on the management and upkeep of a football pitch,a Tottenham supporter (one of his endearing quality's) and has a personal dislike of Falmouth Town. Like you say Paul he must still be very bitter about something that has happened in the past concerning Cornwall's most famous and successful club..........but what could it be ?. Come on TOIGTBIW tell us what your beef is,

I think that the TOIGTBIW, has posted some interesting posts! We should always encourage free speech. Do think it's a little odd that Falmouth Town seem to come in for the most vitriol and snide comments, and strangely some of it is very accurate! Almost as if the perpetrator was party to the information, possible drinking at the Bickland park clubhouse. The thing is though, he has a heart he has totally left another great club, currently winless and pointless at the bottom of the Peninsula Premier league well alone, he like me must want to see Penzance rise again to where they should be with its proud history. Applying that logic, he must be bitter about something that has happened to him/her at Falmouth? Ho ho!

You missed a ho off there Paul, always three. Someone's thinking MMmmmm!!!

Well what do we know about our friend TOIGTBIW ,? Definitely an authority on the management and upkeep of a football pitch,a Tottenham supporter (one of his endearing quality's) and has a personal dislike of Falmouth Town. Like you say Paul he must still be very bitter about something that has happened in the past concerning Cornwall's most famous and successful club..........but what could it be ?. Come on TOIGTBIW tell us what your beef is,

I have always said that no matter what others do, Falmouth is always the scalp that everyone wants. That is not likely to change in my lifetime nor many others on here. I will always applaud that.

Stop talking in the papers as though you are some great club still, keep your own councel, got fed up reading all that crap in the West Briton from, well you know who.

Tell the bloody truth, don't dress it up as though its all Ok, cause it ain't. Walls have ears and players will tell you everything, and leave you in the doogy doo as you now know.

There seems to be a preoccupation with who I am and the investigation has so far made me a groundsman, associated with PZ, Fal town, Penryn, Truro City, Perran (I think) somewhere in Devon!! called Paul!!

A Spurs supporter. Only one of them is correct, guess which one.

This thread is about the new management...wishing them all the best today for their debut. Maybe we should give GOBITWIT his own page...he would like that. Have to say hes a wise old owl fobbing himself off as a spurs fan although co*k does spring to mind

Suzi, you are awful - but I like you.

My absolute apologies to Falmouth for doubting their integrity, well done for fielding two sides when you are in such dire straits player wise. Two good results as well.

Have heard a few other things this week but will keep that to myself for the moment to see how they pan out, just to see if the wall is correct, walls have ears.

It appears that 1 or 2 think Im the alias TOIGTBIW. So I felt it best to start an account under my name just to confirm that i wouldnt go on here under an alias to hide away. The obvious fact here is myself and Denty have a hard enough job at Penzance without worrying about other clubs and whats going on with them. If people choose to voice their opinions under an alias then fair play to them. I do indeed enjoy a pint or 6 up at Falmouth Town football club, I love the supporters and people there, I do indeed want to turn Penzance football club around and bring it back to its former glory with Denty. But i have no gripe in the slightest with Falmouth Town football club and like I say I think its clear for all to see that the challenge at Penzance Football club is more than enough to keep me occupied. But make no mistake we will turn it around. Best of luck to Robbie and Gilby, top guys and will get the Falmouth Town buzzing again. Thanks for your time. BW

Im sure Gilby and Robbie can rebuild and mould a side in their image!! No doubt these players are a big loss but let the new boys stamp there own way of playing down. It will take time but Falmouth Town still have a great following and it is still a great club to play for. A clear out and shake up might be just whats needed. Give them time to settle in and bring in fresh blood that want to play for the club and not just financial benefits. Im not saying thats why players were there, but thats certainly whats needed now. Once again best of luck Gents. See you boxing day BW