Cornwall Football Forum

Bill Pearce - Culdrose Stalwart Honoured by Airbase

At 12 0 clock on Saturday i had the pleasure to witness a great touch by Culdrose football club who recognised the years of service (47 according to Bill) that Bill Pearce has been associated with the serviceman and in a fitting tribute they have re-named the sports pavillion at the playing fields after him with a brass plaque unveiled by the airbase current commanding officer Captain Entwisle.

Bill was joined by a number of former players and managers to mark the occasion and he gave a little speech in his own unique way to thank everybody that was there. Great to see a loyal servant of a club recognised in such a good way

Congratulations to Bill on this award from all at Falmouth Town. Thoroughly deserved. Unfortunately not many clubs can boost a supporter/official as long serving as Bill. Still talks knowledgable and enthusiastically about the local game whenever you see him.

It was a simple gesture to honour a man who has given our club so much over the years. Thanks to all those that made it along that spanned the 60s,70s, 80s and 90s..so many names and faces to mention. I know it meant the world to Bill and we look forward to hosting all at the "Bill Pearce Sports Pavilion" in the future.

Bill is one of the true characters of Cornish football, not many of them around these days. As a referee Bill was renowned for his long strides and generous gestures, a very good referee by the way, who I have witnessed many times at Mount Wise. Bill loves to reminisce about football over the years and discuss the state of football in Cornwall today, and yes he is a stickler for the rules.

I am delighted that Bill has been given this award for his devotion to Culdrose Football Club, and football in Cornwall in general.