Cornwall Football Forum

Chairman "Confused" ?

I was disappointed to learn on the thread now locked by Mr Chown that Chairman "cannot understand me". I will refrain from questioning whether he or I are therefore the more linguistically challenged.

The substance of my argument, which I will try to dumb down, was that the Senior Cup in Cornwall should be treated as the equivalent competitions are treated in England: as a contempible little midweek pub trophy that gets in the way of competitions that matter. When Chair at St Just, I always preferred any result in the wretched competition to a draw and have been heard actively encouraging Tinner defenders to stick the ball in their own net rather than face a replay at Morwenstow or Bude. What made the pomposity of said tinpot trophy all the more ridiculous was that it brought 91 year old and 14 year old match officials into senior football, who, out of sheer gratitude to CCFA for giving them something to do, encouraged abandoned flinging round of cards, policing of technical areas, reporting of all kinds of rubbish according to the precise and pedantic diktat of Blatter, enforcing my visiting CCFA on rainy December evenings to get the semi-literate charges against my fine Tinner stalwarts thrown out, costing clubs unnecessary money and time in the process. Of course, it was a wonderful cash cow for the CCFA, paying no doubt for endless junkets to Jersey and high bar takings at lovely places like Canal Park, St Blazey on Easter Monday, where the likes of my old and much maligned friend the current manager of St Day

would carouse excessively, setting light to Zambuca on their exposed physiques. exchanging banter about their conjunctive prolixities and spending a sum equivalent to all the grant money I once raised for the rebuilding of the Lafrowda park stand roof on fluid substances that, if they avoided a stay in Casualty, would be voided against the wall of some house adjoining the clubhouse,to the inconvenience of its neighbours.

In recent years, the sanctimonious excesses of the ultra-conservative establishment that supports the hegemony of the complacent cackistocracy (this is a neologsm, but you can probably work it out if you try, Chairman) have expressed themselves through the attempt to ban St Agnes from he cometition because some East Cornwall landlord misplaced his garden gnome. It took a Devon panel to overrule this moralistic impositon, to our eternal shame and embarrassment. Now we have the unjustified attack on St Day. Every time St Just compete in the senior tinpot, I genuinely believe some officials act under prior instruction to protect the pampered County squad from the honest and uncompromising tactics of the Tinners. Their training no doubt cnsists of watching Escape to Victory as an exemplification of how to officiate.

I am consitent in my approach to tinpot trophies: I also hope my beloved Chelsea defeat the red menace tomorrow, but offer Ferguson a 10=0 bye into te next round of the legue cup !

Yet another reason to chuck st. (kick all the opposition to death) Just out of all football in the county. They should treat the senior cup competition with respect and put their all into the competition. Calling it a 'tinpot' cup is ridiculous. It is the most prestigous competition in the county and should go out in theses games trying to win it, not disrespecting the competition by suggesting they score own goals to stop it going into a replay.

Isaac, go crawl back under that stone you came out of!!!

taking it abit far that st just should be kicked out of football in the county i you dont like how they play then you need to man up abit. its their style its how they have picked up results over the years. having played for them and against them and taken the kicks i know how passionate they are about progressing. They have one of the best managers in steve curnow in cornwall. top bloke :) hes a winner goes out to win every game does not accept defeat!! we all have our own ways of playing the game some physical some not so physical but we go out to get a result how ever you need to get that result. time to back off st just abit.

St Just are a good club with a few guys who are mad on the pitch and fine off it !! I played in my local team and we had a few the same . Thats football! Always lots to talk about after the game ! Rugby , cricket etc never gets such crap ( thats why we love the game ) :c:

Goldeeneye, I make typographical, not orthographical erors. My brain is faster than my fingers. If only yours was, your club would not have been reduced to penury by property speculation.

Keith, you are doing an excellent job, alongside the newly expanded committee at St Just...long may it continue. The liberation of no longer being a club officer is that I can laugh at the nonsense of Cornish football administration. Ever since the events of 11/9, free speech has been under attack in western countries. I resist this tendency.

My view of the Senior Cup is consistent....even when the Tinners are hving a run in it ! My socio-economic analysis of its contributon to CCFA wealth ad club poverty arises from the same political convictions.

"I've aamended the title, Chairman, sir". The banker speaks, without a shred of conscience that his sycophantic ingratiation of the fallen millionaire who has trashed the capital's club has contributed to the demise of Cornish businesses. I won't descend to personal animosity. As always, there are football journalists; and there are lickspittles.

"Simbad".....people like you burn books and kill. Unfortunately recession gives you licence.....

As a current player and an active committee member of St Just Afc i would like to just say that we as a team are 100% committed to the senior cup competition and take it very serious as with all our cup and league competitions, the lads all enjoy the senior cup as it gives the boys a chance to get a draw against a bigger team and test ourselves at the next level (and also a bus trip :drink: ) St Just Afc take all cup and league competitions Very seriously !

We as a club are working very hard to shake off the bad image that we seem to currently have, we have a fresh new committee who are working hard to make it an all round better place to come and play football, we have now got youth football back at Lafrowda currently with 3 teams and growing in numbers all the time and are about to become a charter standard club :thumbsup: so things are moving in the right direction. We are a good bunch of lads who are very passionate about our football, what you get at St Just is strong team spirit, total commitment and a hard fought game of football, Steve is also a great guy and a personal friend and i challenge anyone to match his passion for the game and i know he also supports all the above comments, so roll on Bude in the next round of the senior cup all the boys are looking forward to it and you'll all be made very welcome on your trip to Lafrowda park.

P.s

We currently are trying to raise money to put the roof back on the stand properly this time :ninja:

The senior cup final is still played in front of hundreds, or even thousands if sides with a decent following make it through. This is a massive incentive for "smaller" senior clubs of Cornwall.

The senior cup has importance way beyond that of any other county cup over in England and long may that continue.

I've seen St Just quite a bit over the last couple of years and think their reputation as a 'rough' side is undeserved. They play a hard game though, not dissimilar from some of the amateur football I've seen in the highlands of Scotland.