Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Fixtures & Results - Sat October 27th 2012

Hopewell 1-3 Delabole

A great win for the slatters , with a brace from Tim Harris and one from Keith Burnard. But I was a little disappointed with holywell write up on the duchy site , saying they could of and should of won. I would agree that they had most the play in the first half and took a deserve lead, but delabole keeper never had loads to do. And in the 2ND half not only did delabole score 3 goals but they. also had 3 one on one with the keeper which he made some great saves. holywell did miss a couple guilt head chances. All in all it was a good battle on a very narrow pitch which could of probably gone either way . Also I thought holywell and delabole were both a great lot of chaps trying to playing football in the right way, stress free.

Hello ref, surely the best way to deal with indiscipline is to punish it using the appropriate sanction to reinforce the fact that the behaviour will not be tolerated? For the majority, not being able to play and being fined a sum of money (that you'd prefer not to part with) should be enough, hence the clearly defined disciplinary process as a sensible deterrent.

On the opening day of the season a competitive game was marred with two more very needless (but deserved) red cards. Suffice to say that neither materialised into any sort of follow-up. If genuine mistakes are made, I am sure that there is scope for the referee to work something out with the FA to put it right. Yet each of the four red cards I have observed this season have been thoroughly justified. I've often heard players demanding that referees provide more protection and control; the difficult part has been achieved so I can only imagine that the paperwork must be a little on the onerous side!

Yes Michael there is scope for the referee, all he/she has to do when submitting the report is to state that they made a mistake and that the red card was not justified the CCFA will take that into consideration when dealing with the report, that is the correct way to proceed, the thing to remember is that if a referee issues a red/yellow card he/she must send in the report, failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action being taken by the CCFA against that referee.