Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Prem Friday Night Result & Table - 26th October

Parkway 0 St Austell 1 ( HT 0-1)(Josh Bragg) ( Will Stringer sent off )

Pretty poor game of football between two pretty poor sides . Only counted two efforts on goal in the first half , Mark Berry hit the bar for Parkway's effort and Gary Penhaligon palmed in a tame Josh Bragg free kick for St Austell's goal ( and their only on target shot of the match) .The mass melee late in the game briefly made the decision to sacrifice the central heating and the sofa worthwhile , very little else of any note to remember from this game .

Three defeats , eight conceded and three scored with two sendings off in seven days for Parkway . A week can be a long time in football . Getting a little nervous about Penzance visiting next week now .

Thought Plymouth Parkway deserved something from this game.

St Austell played with their usual "in your face" style and were truly lucky to finish with 11 players on the field. The number 3 in particular, got away with kicking the ball at a spectator, which the Referee allowed.

Once again, another Referees Assistant who didn't wish to raise his flag until the Referee himself made a decision for corners, goal kicks, fouls etc. Simply not acceptable in my opinion.

Way of the park..... To say your concerned about Penzance coming to you on Sat is a joke..... I was at the game tonighht and while both teams didn't have particularly many shots at goal the game wasn't that bad. Many people thought Parkway played some good football especially in the 1 st half, seemed to play 1 upfront with 3 in the middle which allowed people like Bailey to get on the ball and feed the wingers who were causing concern and to the lone striker who worked his socks off and battled to big centre halls well!

I think there was a "spark" missing in the second half and it seemed that Parkway changed to 2 upfront which in my opinion was a bad move as this left the midfield looking less influential! Having said this the goal St Austell scored was never a free kick in a million years and the keeper should have done better!!!

Every team has a bad patch, this is obviously one, I'm a Wadbridge fan and we are flying high but will have a spell like this at some point, it's all about how teams bounce back and I'm in no doubt Parkway will get out of this slump if they play the football they can play and did show in many spells tonight.

Have to say 3 sending offs in a week you say? That's not good, and the ref tonight ... Well wasn't on the ball an awful lot shall we say!!!

Thought St Austell were a bunch of thugs ............ number 3 , 4 an 11, All giving some cheap digs. The fans were gobby aswell. Some awfull comments being sounded off. This was a poor game tonight and I thought a draw would have been a fair result. If it was not for double agent goalkeeper , then it would have been a draw.

I can not see us losing to a team of such poor quality again this season.

I could not beleive it when a potentially injured Parkway player was man handled up from the floor by his neck and the ref did nothing about it.

We need to put this encounter behind us and ensure the next game brings 3 points.

Parkway Follower i remember when the great Parkway side played together, yes when they were on it they were good, but they had to many big players playing and they were best mates aswell, and i remember people wnted them out.Give hillsy a chance remember they were his mates aswell.

Bunch of thugs? Coming from a Parkway fan...?

I've heard it all now!!

Clearly you missed the off the ball elbow to the St.austell players face which resulted in the clown being sent off. Great example to set as captain of the club.

If Parkway are meant to be Bodmins main opponents for the title then the league might as well hand the trophy to Bodmin now!

Anyway, someone get these Parkway fans some more sour grapes, and well done St.Austell!

Nice to see Parkway win and lose with dignity! how you can call st austell a bunch of thugs after some of the things I've seen your players do is beyond belief!! Well done town and particularly the manaager, amazingly some people were on his back last week, only 30 years old and took the job when nobody else wanted it in the summer, doing a great job and as shown tonight, the players are all playing for him and the club. up the lillywhites!

Agree with bushy there. I'm sure if you ask your captain he will take you through his elbow he planted in the St Austell subs head. And Parkway seemed to have it in for him by another two off the ball incidents which went unseen especially the studs which one of the defenders put right down his Achilles at the end. That said it was not the best game in places but both teams played some decent stuff which wil please Nanks and the all the guys at a time were confidence building is essential. 3 points at Parkway is never an easy thing to do but Town will come back into Kernow with heads held high befor they venture back over the bridge to ivybridge next Friday

CSWPL PREMIER Friday, October 26

Parkway 0 - 1 St Austell

1 Launceston 15 9 1 5 31 23 8 28

2 Bodmin 10 8 2 0 38 8 30 26

3 Camelford 16 8 2 6 32 16 16 26

4 Ivybridge 14 8 1 5 36 29 7 25

5 St Blazey 12 6 4 2 40 18 22 22

6 Parkway 10 7 1 2 25 16 9 22

7 Elburton 11 7 1 3 26 18 8 22

8 Tavistock 14 7 1 6 35 29 6 22

9 Saltash 11 6 3 2 42 11 31 21

10 Newquay 13 6 1 6 30 22 8 19

11 St Austell 12 6 1 5 12 16 -4 19

12 Witheridge 11 4 3 4 20 14 6 15

13 Falmouth 13 4 3 6 21 27 -6 15

14 Liverton 10 4 2 4 18 17 1 14

15 Torpoint 12 3 3 6 12 20 -8 12

16 Bovey 9 3 0 6 10 24 -14 9

17 Liskeard 14 2 3 9 21 36 -15 9

18 Cullompton 13 3 0 10 13 46 -33 9

19 Penzance 14 0 0 14 6 78 -72 0

Way of the park..... To say your concerned about Penzance coming to you on Sat is a joke..... I was at the game tonighht and while both teams didn't have particularly many shots at goal the game wasn't that bad. Many people thought Parkway played some good football especially in the 1 st half, seemed to play 1 upfront with 3 in the middle which allowed people like Bailey to get on the ball and feed the wingers who were causing concern and to the lone striker who worked his socks off and battled to big centre halls well!

I think there was a "spark" missing in the second half and it seemed that Parkway changed to 2 upfront which in my opinion was a bad move as this left the midfield looking less influential! Having said this the goal St Austell scored was never a free kick in a million years and the keeper should have done better!!!

Every team has a bad patch, this is obviously one, I'm a Wadbridge fan and we are flying high but will have a spell like this at some point, it's all about how teams bounce back and I'm in no doubt Parkway will get out of this slump if they play the football they can play and did show in many spells tonight.

Have to say 3 sending offs in a week you say? That's not good, and the ref tonight ... Well wasn't on the ball an awful lot shall we say!!!

Newboy, out of interest who was tr lone striker last night?

But you did lose and looked nothing more than a mid table side who didn't like being matched physically.

How you can label a team as 'thugs' when Parkway had MORE yellow cards, and a player sent off for an off the ball elbow, and from what I was told there were a few players with stud marks up there legs in the changing rooms is beyond me.

Parkway were MATCHED physically and nothing more. Maybe you just aren't used to it up Plymuff and expect people to turn up and be bullied...?

St.Austell will never be the best footballing team in the league, but grit, determination, belief and hard work will get them results!

Rob VP .... I think it was Andy Harris...I'm not too familiar with the a lot of the parkway lads but I pretty sure it was! Played quite well I thought.... Not easy as a lone striker... Was working in the big smoke "Plymouth" this week so thought I would stay and catch the game last night. As you have read not the best of games but I don't think it was as bad as some people are making out!!

Nice to see Parkway win and lose with dignity! how you can call st austell a bunch of thugs after some of the things I've seen your players do is beyond belief!! Well done town and particularly the manaager, amazingly some people were on his back last week, only 30 years old and took the job when nobody else wanted it in the summer, doing a great job and as shown tonight, the players are all playing for him and the club. up the lillywhites!

I agree Nanks is a young manager who with Kelvin Hunkin is doing an excellent job. Anybody who is getting on his back should lay off and encourage him, give him and the team the support they need to move forward, moaning gets nowhere ! The bad run oo defeats was mainly due to key players being uvavailable so dep;eting the squad. As for the Parkway match last night, football is a physical game and there were very few mentions about why the Parkway captain was sent off , sounds like sour grapes to me!

I thought it was poor poor game but St Austell deserved the 3 points!!!

My highlight was Tom Smith trying to look "Ard" whilst wearing a snood......... Has there ever been a more camp centre half at this level???

At every corner he tends to tease the fans a little with a cheeky 4 inch lift of the shorts to reveil a cracking set of waxed thighs!!!

My advise to the "ex" Truro legend is this....... Stick to waxing your brows and leave the rough stuff to the other CB!!!