Cornwall Football Forum

st teath are awful theirs better teams in duchy prem :)

St Austell reserves from Duchy Premier are better than most teams in ECL1.

Whilst St Austell are a very good side and probably the best we are likely to see in the Duchy leagues this year, I still feel they have much to learn before taking on ECPL 1.

They played Polperro in a pre season friendly and were comprehensively beaten by a large margin which goes to show the gap between the Duchy and ECPL.

Although friendlies aren't much to go by, it will be interesting to see how they get on if they were to progress up the leagues.

I wouldn't say there's a huge gap between the duchy league and EC1, a lot of teams in the duchy league would more then hold there own in that league, if st Austell 2nds were in that league this season I'd put money on them finishing top 2,

We (st Dennis) came up from duchy prem to EC1 after finishing 3rd in the prem we got voted up, and won the EC1 at the 1st ettempt by 16points.

Wouldn't say that league is a huge leap from the prem.

Having seen alot of these teams play, I would just about tip Roche to win it, if they can stay consistent, got a good side with a mixture of youth and experience, solid at the back with Shaun osbourne and chrissy hopper being to of the best defenders in that league. Clarkey can be a pain in the ass but a strong, physical passionate player who likes to put himself about, every team needs 1, and young Jacob Rowe seems to be on fire up top, but like I said if they can keep consistency then they will contenders.

If memory serves me right Mr. Ricks you were playing ECPL for Roche when St Dennis were promoted from Duchy Prem and then played switched to St Dennis and the rest is history as you say.

In all honesty though, I think every club that has gone up from Duchy Premier has more than held their own. Goldolphin, Dobwalls 1st teams and as you say St Dennis aren't long out of Duchy leagues are now embedded in the South Western leagues. Bude now very strong amongst others.

But on the flip side, the standard of football has been diluted over recent years. But that's been another topic several times!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davegrose, u r so wrong to say St teath have not got much quality , Ted meagor could play for any team in that league and higher same for Chris Simmonds. Dan Paul one of the most solid centre half u will see, he hardly missed anything. And Jaime Kay who score 40 odd goals a couple season ago in this league is on the way back from injury, so they r a good who Been close before but this time they could go all the way.

Davegrose, u r so wrong to say St teath have not got much quality , Ted meagor could play for any team in that league and higher same for Chris Simmonds. Dan Paul one of the most solid centre half u will see, he hardly missed anything. And Jaime Kay who score 40 odd goals a couple season ago in this league is on the way back from injury, so they r a good who Been close before but this time they could go all the way.

Bold boy, I think u need to read daves post again, he was quoting something someone said about st teath not having much quality, he said that he wouldn't say these players lacked quality there good players

Havent watched st teath for a couple of seasons but looked a good side when i did. Watched them in the senior cup against godolphin n it was a really close game. Game changing moment was st teath keeper lettin ball through his legs for one of the goals. He was definately the weak link that day. Looked like he was more interested in havin a laugh than goalkeeping. Lad up front think he is the eldest burden boy had good touch but looked like he spent too much time in the weights room and kebab shop. Also think their manager would do better by encouraging his players rather than slagging them off behind their backs, his missus was bang tidy though!

i know alot of the st teath players and their isnt alot of quality their in all fairness. none of their players would get in the other top teams squads. yes they are top at the moment but not for long. st austell will hold their own if they get promoted again. we forget they ha ve gone up each year and have players of expierence and quality thats why they are where they are. i wouldnt count bodmin out yet no talk of them yet but they want promotion back up this year.

Not seen much of St Teath this season, so it's hard to comment on whether or not they will be challenging for the league at the end of the season. However, I know that they are top of the league without Jamie Kay even being fit. He is easily in the top 3 players in the league and would be a good asset to teams in both the west and premier divisions of peninsula football. I believe he scored 40 goals a couple of seasons ago and played half of the season on the wing. So it has to be asked, would St Teath not be even further ahead in the league if they had him at their disposal rather than having to wait for him to return from injury? Just a thought.

Well said mad dog!! That was me letting the ball through my legs!!! I am pretty kean on having a laugh which we all are at st teath! maybe why we are so strong as a unit!! the game you watched us play against godolphin was a really close game which considering they are 2 leagues above us is credit to us as a team!! At the same time think my record this season speaks for itself!! Like to think I've come a long way in the last couple of years! As for the lad up front he is a class player who uses all his attributes to his advantage and to be fair to him has played for some good south western sides when the southwestern was the southwestern if you know what I mean! Maybe you should pop up and watch us sometime you might even enjoy it!! I am the weakest link........goodbye! ;)

True Pearl but i hear there is a massive difference in the pay packets depending on who you are. One end of the scale Jamie Kay whos on good wedge. I know this coz my auntie used to look after his budgie n he told her. On the other end some players gettin nothin as im sure will be confirmed shortly

True Pearl but i hear there is a massive difference in the pay packets depending on who you are. One end of the scale Jamie Kay whos on good wedge. I know this coz my auntie used to look after his budgie n he told her. On the other end some players gettin nothin as im sure will be confirmed shortly

Hahahahahahaha !! That is class!!!!! Thanks mad dog you've made my day!!!!

Unfortunately auntie is unavailable for budgie sittin on saturday afternoons. Its her only day off and she likes to sit in a dark room and have a small bangladeshi boy feed her truffles. Borrow money off kayer? The boys that tight if u shoved a lump of coal up his arse in 2 weeks you would have a diamond!

Two pages of crap again hahahahaha

Not really crap is it the Rock, just peoples opinions, thats what its here for!!

Slighty gone off topic here I think tho snf,my opinion is that it's far to early to even consider places and st teath have a far bigger squad than Roche which will surely have a big impact,all the best to all teams

Two pages of crap again hahahahaha

Not really crap is it the Rock, just peoples opinions, thats what its here for!!

Slighty gone off topic here I think tho snf,my opinion is that it's far to early to even consider places and st teath have a far bigger squad than Roche which will surely have a big impact,all the best to all teams

How do you know how big teams squad sizes are, what club do you play for then?

Roche are good unit and Billy got them playing for each other but reckon St Teath and Polperro will top two. Think the outcome will depend on matches between those three, Bodmin could have a big say but don't see them lasting the course.

Jack barbery and bill osborne are joint managers at roche!!