Cornwall Football Forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roche seem to be the team to beat? Says who? There are 4 teams above them as it stands and they have pretty much the same record as kilkhampton so why aren't kilk 'the team to beat?

Ecl1 seems impossible to call this season, with everyone dropping points. it's made up of teams who have always been far too inconsistent to win the league in past years but can beat anyone on their day. I predict The team who eventually wins it will do so with the lowest points total in years.

Will it be Roche? Maybe, but I doubt it. Polperro for me.

I think it is goin to be very interesting,my prediction is polperro to win the league then roche finshing 2nd and both teams would be comfortable in the prem next season if they went up...but there is also st teath,kilk and camelford with a look in,think bodmin will soon slip down when most of the team will be suspended

I don't think cornish legend has not watched st teath this year, we may not have talent to set the world alight but what we have is commitment and people putting the shifts in !!! We are looking to win this league and I think we can do this !! But football is a game of opinions !! But does yours count???

Well said lethalzone14! The boys at st teath have been there or there abouts for a few years the difference is that now they are all willing to do a shift for eachother!! What you need to remember Cornish legend is that they have already won the duchy prem and they will win this one too!!

I was at the St.Teath game today and it was a good result for us. St.Teath took the lead after 12 seconds and from there on we looked in control of the game. Second half St.Blazey had ten minutes or so which they put pressure on St.Teath but once we scored the second we had the confidence to go on and win the game 4-1. Good luck to St.Blazey for the rest of the season.

st teath are awful theirs better teams in duchy prem :)

St Austell reserves from Duchy Premier are better than most teams in ECL1.

Whilst St Austell are a very good side and probably the best we are likely to see in the Duchy leagues this year, I still feel they have much to learn before taking on ECPL 1.

They played Polperro in a pre season friendly and were comprehensively beaten by a large margin which goes to show the gap between the Duchy and ECPL.

Although friendlies aren't much to go by, it will be interesting to see how they get on if they were to progress up the leagues.

I was at the St.Teath game today and it was a good result for us. St.Teath took the lead after 12 seconds and from there on we looked in control of the game. Second half St.Blazey had ten minutes or so which they put pressure on St.Teath but once we scored the second we had the confidence to go on and win the game 4-1. Good luck to St.Blazey for the rest of the season.

his goal was quicker than that jack,at most 6 seconds!thought ur team worked hard yesterday n will b there or there abouts come end of season

Whilst St Austell are a very good side and probably the best we are likely to see in the Duchy leagues this year, I still feel they have much to learn before taking on ECPL.

Yep, Mike Body and co. are going to be really out of their depth in ECL1!

his goal was quicker than that jack,at most 6 seconds!thought ur team worked hard yesterday n will b there or there abouts come end of season

I watched Roche play Liskeard a couple weeks ago.... if I didnt know better, I wouldnt have known which team was playing in the higher league. Was a very close, hard fought game, which in the end Roche were unlucky to lose.

Havent seen any other the other teams in Roche's division, but having run Liskeard very close, Id be suprised if they werent up amongst the front runners.

As for St.Austell reserves having much to learn?? How many of their team have played South Western League football?? Im sure they have enough about them to easily adjust to the rigors of ECPL1 football....... I think some people on here ought to do some homework before spouting!!

i know alot of the st teath players and their isnt alot of quality their in all fairness. none of their players would get in the other top teams squads. yes they are top at the moment but not for long. st austell will hold their own if they get promoted again. we forget they ha ve gone up each year and have players of expierence and quality thats why they are where they are. i wouldnt count bodmin out yet no talk of them yet but they want promotion back up this year.

Whilst St Austell are a very good side and probably the best we are likely to see in the Duchy leagues this year, I still feel they have much to learn before taking on ECPL 1.

They played Polperro in a pre season friendly and were comprehensively beaten by a large margin which goes to show the gap between the Duchy and ECPL.

Although friendlies aren't much to go by, it will be interesting to see how they get on if they were to progress up the leagues.

willser, whilst I have no reason to post this as it was only a pre season freindly, and means absolutely nothing, Ive seen you post that a couple of times.

Just so you know, that pre season freindly we had 9 players missing and 3 injured, we had a 15 year old striker in goal who is not quite 5 foot tall, it is not a relfection of how we would perform in the ECPl as none of our players were there!! it would have helped if we had an actual goalkeeper aswell!

Whilst I have no problem with losing, and I'm sure Polperro are a wonderful team and will do great in the ECPl, believe me, if our proper team had played that day the result might of been shall we say, a little bit different, we would have least given you a game!!

As everyone else has mentioned , its way too early to comment at this stage of the season , hopefully we will bein the top 5. Just a word on Roche, the subject this thread is about, brilliant club , fantastic comittee and one of the best managers I ever played for in Billy Osborurne, believe me, you dont want to have a bad game for him!! Good luck to Roche.

Whilst St Austell are a very good side and probably the best we are likely to see in the Duchy leagues this year.

Gentlemen, I believe in my original post above I gave you much praise! I do think with the squad you have, you will run away with the Duchy Premier as you have each season as you've progressed through the leagues.

I was merely saying that the gap between ECPL & Duchy Prem is quite vast, but I'm sure St Austell as you say will hold their own.

Good luck to all involved in their respective leagues.

Everyone has an opinion, so i thought i would give it a go, having played against most teams this year. BODMIN best team football wise by a country mile, although KILKHAMPTON don't concede much, unfortunately against Nanpean they had the ref to thank for most of that, but organised side.

ROCHE very stong in all positions, but lack of squad numbers if they pick up any injuries maybe a factor. Nanpean played CAMELFORD start of the season and they played some good stuff looked organised, although not sure if any 1st teamers helped out.

St TEATH good set up and will have a say in the end.

Someone already mentioned that it's wide open this year even St Stephens or Nanpean win 4 on the trot will be in and around.

Top 5: Bodmin - Polperro - St Teath - Roche - Camelford

I wouldn't say there's a huge gap between the duchy league and EC1, a lot of teams in the duchy league would more then hold there own in that league, if st Austell 2nds were in that league this season I'd put money on them finishing top 2,

We (st Dennis) came up from duchy prem to EC1 after finishing 3rd in the prem we got voted up, and won the EC1 at the 1st ettempt by 16points.

Wouldn't say that league is a huge leap from the prem.

Having seen alot of these teams play, I would just about tip Roche to win it, if they can stay consistent, got a good side with a mixture of youth and experience, solid at the back with Shaun osbourne and chrissy hopper being to of the best defenders in that league. Clarkey can be a pain in the ass but a strong, physical passionate player who likes to put himself about, every team needs 1, and young Jacob Rowe seems to be on fire up top, but like I said if they can keep consistency then they will contenders.

I wouldn't say there's a huge gap between the duchy league and EC1, a lot of teams in the duchy league would more then hold there own in that league, if st Austell 2nds were in that league this season I'd put money on them finishing top 2,

We (st Dennis) came up from duchy prem to EC1 after finishing 3rd in the prem we got voted up, and won the EC1 at the 1st ettempt by 16points.

Wouldn't say that league is a huge leap from the prem.

prime example st dennis with local players too.

i know alot of the st teath players and their isnt alot of quality their in all fairness. none of their players would get in the other top teams squads. yes they are top at the moment but not for long. st austell will hold their own if they get promoted again. we forget they ha ve gone up each year and have players of expierence and quality thats why they are where they are. i wouldnt count bodmin out yet no talk of them yet but they want promotion back up this year.

i wouldnt of said simmonds,meagor n grillsy lacked quality,some other decent players in the st teath side but i dont know their names???