Cornwall Football Forum

Dane Bunney taking the helm at Parkway???

Out for food with the family tonight, I got talking to somebody who is fairly "well in" at Parkway.

He reckons that Dane Bunney is in line for the Parkway job..... to which I replied "Surely Hillsy deserves more time??"

He reckons Wayne is 2 defeats away from handing Bunney the reins (Apparently the club want a younger manager for long term stability)!!!

I personally feel this is completely unjust considering all Hillson has done for the club and the cracking start they've had.

If there is any truth in this, Surely 2 bad results shouldn't bring such pressure at this level???

My turn this week ?

Doesnt matter who you are, or what team you manage, every manager seems to have to take a turn at being mocked and riddiculled by the members of this site. Stuart Berrys vospers , alan carry for resigning at falmouth, southy gets it from time to time , I get my fair share , hilson gets some and many many more

the people who manage football teams at any level are brave enough to put there views and opinions up on a peddlestool to be judged, whether they are successful or not, at least they give it a go.

Running a side is a 7 days a week job. its like a drug , when its gone you miss it,

My personal circumstances changed dramatically since i took the cully job in the summer, It was because of this that i was no longer paying the roll any attention and in turn results suffered. So for the good of the club , myself and my family i resigned!!!! I gave it a go and it didnt work, so what????

will i be back ???? who knows , certainly not for a few years, is all the work managers have to put in worth it when you log onto the internet and read the crap that gets said ? certainly not.

Im 31 years old, i have plenty of time to return to management if i want, people seem to take great joy in pointing out that it was a struggle at millbrook and cully,

i see it as a great education, i think every manager should start at the bottom and learn what its like to struggle, no one has the right to be successful,

but during this time the members of this site see fit to mock and point the finger while sat at the computer desk. Even this post will get mocked so not really sure why ive bothered but hey ho

Managers work incredibly hard, and not one player that you all love discussing is dedicated more than any manager in this league. Think its time that people gave managers a bit of lee- way.

In my early days of management i learnt that playing games on this website was only damaging and made a personal rule never to post on here again. I have tonight broke that rule, but only because i feel that more and more managers are being targeted on here because they are the easy target.

Enjoy discussing the weekends football, transfers, who is signing for who , bla bla bla , but give the guys who work tirelessly to run these sides a break

If you dont fancy that idea perhaps some of you should be Brave enough to give it a go yourselves ?????

Dane

Dane Bunney has a point, the forums are used by many to criticize others in a manner they themselves would find offensive, I have my wind ups on the forums but do not use them to slag off managers or players performances, they all do their best, if a manager fails the heirarchy at the club will act sooner rather than later, if the player fails the manager should do the same.

There are times players unfairly come under attack from supporters, everyone has to have a poor game sometime, we never know when that may happen, recently I witnessed a young teenage player who had been having a great season have a game he would want to forget, the opposition were that much better, he didn't deserve barracking for a one off.

I had never heard of Dane Bunney until I read this thread but the trend can be seen across football forums, there are times people should think how hurtful some of their postings may be, perhaps preview what they write before posting if it is likely to be controversal.

Dane is only 31, time to improve for all managers, good luck going forward, it is a 7 day involvement.

My turn this week ?

Doesnt matter who you are, or what team you manage, every manager seems to have to take a turn at being mocked and riddiculled by the members of this site. Stuart Berrys vospers , alan carry for resigning at falmouth, southy gets it from time to time , I get my fair share , hilson gets some and many many more

the people who manage football teams at any level are brave enough to put there views and opinions up on a peddlestool to be judged, whether they are successful or not, at least they give it a go.

Running a side is a 7 days a week job. its like a drug , when its gone you miss it,

My personal circumstances changed dramatically since i took the cully job in the summer, It was because of this that i was no longer paying the roll any attention and in turn results suffered. So for the good of the club , myself and my family i resigned!!!! I gave it a go and it didnt work, so what????

will i be back ???? who knows , certainly not for a few years, is all the work managers have to put in worth it when you log onto the internet and read the crap that gets said ? certainly not.

Im 31 years old, i have plenty of time to return to management if i want, people seem to take great joy in pointing out that it was a struggle at millbrook and cully,

i see it as a great education, i think every manager should start at the bottom and learn what its like to struggle, no one has the right to be successful,

but during this time the members of this site see fit to mock and point the finger while sat at the computer desk. Even this post will get mocked so not really sure why ive bothered but hey ho

Managers work incredibly hard, and not one player that you all love discussing is dedicated more than any manager in this league. Think its time that people gave managers a bit of lee- way.

In my early days of management i learnt that playing games on this website was only damaging and made a personal rule never to post on here again. I have tonight broke that rule, but only because i feel that more and more managers are being targeted on here because they are the easy target.

Enjoy discussing the weekends football, transfers, who is signing for who , bla bla bla , but give the guys who work tirelessly to run these sides a break

If you dont fancy that idea perhaps some of you should be Brave enough to give it a go yourselves ?????

Dane

Dane , Well said. I think the Pragmatist and his bunch of wind up merchant cronnies should do one and find another sight to abuse people. What a group of peilcans.

At what point have I wound anyone up??? Iv just looked at my post, and I dont think iv said 1 bad word about anybody.

The point I was making was that managers deserve more time.

P.s. Is a peilcan the distant cousin of a pelican??? :yahoo:

I will say if you havnt got a budget or a small budget then dont matter who is in charge its hard to get the players in. I found that at Buckfastleigh i had the player till i said thay would be out of pocket then i lost them and i dont blame them. I was offerd Ottery and thay are a great club with great history but after buckfastleigh i new u needed a ok budget.