Cornwall Football Forum

St Day AFC Removed From Senior Cup

Hardly worth st day carrying on this year mid table in the league out the senior cup and a cheating manager! Best of luck in the senior cup next year chimps!!!######

chimps really? im sure u have better things to do with ur evening than slate other teams and im sure the so called chimps will finish in the top 3 this season and we was never gunna win senior cup anyway

50% Spot on

50%?

Hardly worth st day carrying on this year mid table in the league out the senior cup and a cheating manager! Best of luck in the senior cup next year chimps!!!######

so looks like ur a probus bloke u will get drummed by saltash and ur lucky ur through to be honest after no evidence of the goal keeper

St Day are out !! just remember to be honest in the future!!!! Shame you said on here( the player in question never played ) And to release your top scorer to play regular football ? ( i think St Day are are lucky to have the support they do , lots of clubs do not have the backing .) :c:

I was involved at St Day for a while and whilst it didnt work out i do feel sorry for truely great people behind the scenes up there. St Day FC name has truly be tarnished and how this was allowed to go on for so long baffles me.To make things worse the manager had a phone call from Dave Deacon who asked the question of whom played in goal and said it was the truth that the names on the team sheet were correct is a total joke and a down right LIE!! It is obvious that Matt Harris hasn't any regrets about doing this and has a total disrespect for the other clubs involved in the senoir cup and to CCFA but most of all to the hard working and honest committee who are trying to make St Day a success. :SM_carton:

To be fair CCFA are discussing this and the thoughts are serious implications for the club. Await the verdict but there are a number of options being considered.

Namely, on top of expulsion from this years competition.

Banned from senior cup for 2 seasons.

Player banned for 18 games

Manager banned for 2 seasons (although) this has been proven to be unenforceable previously.

Fines totally £1000 possible

Matt Harris has stated another blatant lie. He will carry the can.

****** - Edit

This is all the chairman needs when He's tried to issue a grovelling apology to Probus and CCFA, blaming photo evidence on the fact that he didn't know how to transfer a picture from an iPhone yet taking pictures and sending them previously with an iPhone....go figuire......

Good luck....you're going to need it St Day.

Edited by Admin.

To be fair CCFA are discussing this and the thoughts are serious implications for the club. Await the verdict but there are a number of options being considered.

Namely, on top of expulsion from this years competition.

Banned from senior cup for 2 seasons.

Player banned for 18 games

Manager banned for 2 seasons (although) this has been proven to be unenforceable previously.

Fines totally £1000 possible

Matt Harris has stated another blatant lie. He will carry the can.

Andy trathen has also been involved in a similar incident previously that has not gone unnoticed at CCFA.

This is all the chairman needs when He's tried to issue a grovelling apology to Probus and CCFA, blaming photo evidence on the fact that he didn't know how to transfer a picture from an iPhone yet taking pictures and sending them previously with an iPhone....go figuire......

Good luck....you're going to need it St Day.

My thoughts exactly, there are some posts on here saying that the players will back the manager, etc. I don't think they'll get the choice if history is anything to go by. I would expect as you say 2-3 year ban for the manager, 6 month ban for the player in question.

I would just like to add i think banning the player isnt the right thing i doubt the player even new he wasnt auposed to be playing!!the blame here goes down to the manager. Who ridiculasly denied that the player played after being asked by dave deacon!! Blatently lying and oviously cheating it goes down against the management and who ever was involved in deliberatly not naming a player on the team sheat. And as for who made the comment about needing video evididence and they dont agree with the decision is an absouloute joke!! Are you saying danny ford didnt play??cause everyone eventually has admitted he played!! Im glad that stday finally admitted to it!!that is the right thing to do!!! I hope they dont ban the player as i expect he didnt no till after the game he wasnt supposed to be playing!!

I would just like to add i think banning the player isnt the right thing i doubt the player even new he wasnt auposed to be playing!!the blame here goes down to the manager. Who ridiculasly denied that the player played after being asked by dave deacon!! Blatently lying and oviously cheating it goes down against the management and who ever was involved in deliberatly not naming a player on the team sheat. And as for who made the comment about needing video evididence and they dont agree with the decision is an absouloute joke!! Are you saying danny ford didnt play??cause everyone eventually has admitted he played!! Im glad that stday finally admitted to it!!that is the right thing to do!!! I hope they dont ban the player as i expect he didnt no till after the game he wasnt supposed to be playing!!

thats correct i dont think they can ban the player as he didnt no he wasnt ment to be playing until a week later wen he read all of the posts on the forum

I would like to point out that i have nothing to do with this matter. Also i would like to know why trombone terry has put a slanderous comment about me which is totally inaccurate. I have had nothing to do with this at all and would like to make this known. Trombone terry, what you have said is totally out of order and untrue. Will see whats gone unnoticed as i am going to contact CCFA regarding your remark. Andy Trathen.

The blame must be with the Manager and St Day F.C.who have the responsibility of running the club in a proper manner. The CCFA owe it to every honest hardworking volunteer elsewhere to take the most serious action possible, otherwise their efforts are undermined.

A lengthy ban from Senior Cup, loss of Charter Standard and substantial fine for Club and suspension from Football for Manager would be the minimum punishment in my opinion.

Dear all,

I would just like to put a stop to all rumours above. I work very closely with the CCFA and they have been the underlying achievement in bringing youth to St Day FC. They really are brilliant at helping clubs out. Matt Harris will not be sacked nor will he be asked to resign, so stop going on about it. Matt has brought stability to our first team, which we haven't had in 3 seasons. The club has a whole is going in the right direction and this I would admit is a hick up or even a major hick up but nothing more. Regardless of what's been said and you people on this forum seem to be making up, from no factually evidence what so ever, the only thing that has happened to my knowledge is we have be removed from the senior cup THIS season, and fined for playing an inegliable player which is possibly £25.

The list of things above, made by Trombone Terry is not only slanderous but incorrect its also what would of happened if we didnt own up and the investigation went to a board of enquiry. Ourselves our at fault NOT individuals, a club wins a as club and falls as a club again NOT individuals.

I personally gained the Charter Standard Award , so I would be the 1st point of contact if it was going to be taken away, its not to my knowledge so again please don't make up rumours.

It's interesting that the point is raised again by people hiding behind names....why cant we only give people the option to sign up using there real name,.....I know it will never happen????

Now I like both Club Chairman's would like this topic left alone and finished. If you people really have this much time on your hands then go down to your local football club and help the Groundsman, because next week you will be on here complaining that the pitch was rubbish, waterlogged or quite possibly frozen.

One note to all, Saint Vogue is not correctly known to the club committee; however we do have a good idea who it is. We warned a few people a while ago to stop and it did stop for some time, but they are on here again, so Saint Vogue your last warning before we take legal action, unless you come clean who you are please stop making matters worse on this forum. Also I hope you have gained permission to be using the club badge as a lot of St Day Logo images are property of the club or copyright to myself and my dad.....

Thank you for your interest once again in the club....any further rumours or question please contact me via PM, mleah@redruth.cornwall.sch.uk or 07875596798

PLEASE LETS THIS BE AN END TO THE MATTER....

Thank you

Mark Leah

Dear all,

I would just like to put a stop to all rumours above. I work very closely with the CCFA and they have been the underlying achievement in bringing youth to St Day FC. They really are brilliant out helping clubs out. Matt Harris will not be sacked nor will he be asked to resign, so stop going on about it. Matt has brought stability to our first team, which we haven’t had in 3 seasons. The club has a whole is going in the right direction and this I would admit is a hick up or even a major hick up but nothing more. Regardless of what's been said and you people on this forum seem to be making up from no factually evidence what so ever, the only thing that has happen to my knowledge is we have be removed from the senior cup THIS season, and fined for playing an inegliable player possibly £25.

The list of things above, made by Trombone Terry is not only slanderous but incorerect its also what what would of happened if we didnt own up and the investigation went to a board of enquiry. Ourselves our at fault NOT individuals, a club wins a as club and falls as a club again NOT individuals.

I personally gained the Charter Standard award , so I would be the 1st point of contact if it was going to be taken away, its not so again please don’t make up rumours.

It's interesting that the point is raised again by people hiding behind names....why cant we only give people the option to sign up using there real name,.....I know it will never happen????

Now I like both Club Chairman’s would like this topic left alone and finished. If you people really have this much time on your hands then go down to your local football club and help the Groundsman, because next week you will be on here complaining that the pitch was rubbish, waterlogged or quite possibly frozen.

One note to all, Saint Vogue is not correctly known to the club committee; however we do have a good idea who it is. We warned a few people a while ago to stop and it did stop for some time, so Saint Vogue your last warning before we take legal action, unless you come clean who you are please stop making matters worse on this forum. Also I hope you have gained permission to be using the club badge as a lot of St Day Logo images are property of the club or copyright to myself and my dad………

Thank you for your interest once aging in the club....any further rumours or question please contact me via PM, mleah@redruth.cornwall.sch.uk or 07875596798

PLEASE LETS THIS BE AN END TO THE MATTER....

Thank you

Mark Leah

well said mark about time some said some sence

I don,t particularly like Matt Harris,

(But having gone through a similar topic on this forum myself,and might I add that Both Myself and all concerned at Falmouth Ath were cleared 100% by the CCFA + FA. also Richard Chown has seen all paperwork involved for his self too.)

Matt has made a mistake in his answer to Deacs question yes, but I'm sure that Matt had the best interests of his club at heart.It is very easy to come on here and slag off individuals or clubs, those who have ever held a position at a club will be aware at times you do things that are not always by the book.

Maybe the only ones that should be posting are infact the ones that have never broken a rule, (or attempted too)

How many teams out there have actually realised that a player who has just played was not eligible and changed the name on the teamsheet, I personally could name loads of clubs and managers,you have only got to take a look at point deductions throughout the leagues.

Although these things should,nt be condoned,they happen, Matts been caught take the punishment and move on, he should,nt resign as this would be a cowards way out, he has to face his own team, is own committee and go to other clubs that know whats happened

Good luck to Matt and all at St Day for the rest of the season

St day have been kicked out so that should be the end of it!.As for matt harris he is a passionate manager who always tries his best for the club he is at,he may make mistakes along the way but what manager dosent?,he is building a strong st day squad which should challenge for the league title in my opinion,so just let him and his squad get on with it.

Good luck to all at st day.

I don,t particularly like Matt Harris,

(But having gone through a similar topic on this forum myself,and might I add that Both Myself and all concerned at Falmouth Ath were cleared 100% by the CCFA + FA. also Richard Chown has seen all paperwork involved for his self too.)

Matt has made a mistake in his answer to Deacs question yes, but I'm sure that Matt had the best interests of his club at heart.It is very easy to come on here and slag off individuals or clubs, those who have ever held a position at a club will be aware at times you do things that are not always by the book.

Maybe the only ones that should be posting are infact the ones that have never broken a rule, (or attempted too)

How many teams out there have actually realised that a player who has just played was not eligible and changed the name on the teamsheet, I personally could name loads of clubs and managers,you have only got to take a look at point deductions throughout the leagues.

Although these things should,nt be condoned,they happen, Matts been caught take the punishment and move on, he should,nt resign as this would be a cowards way out, he has to face his own team, is own committee and go to other clubs that know whats happened

Good luck to Matt and all at St Day for the rest of the season

The ccfa may have cleared you and athletic, but everyone knows the truth, thats why it keeps coming up.

St Day/Matt Harris will now receive the same as you, people have long memories when people attempt to cheat and get caught. You can go on and on about your paperwork (yeah)but the more you blow about it the longer your credibility will be in the doggy doo.

Think Lance Armstrong, ho ho ho - cheats never beat as they say.

Theolderigetthethickeriam, It can continue as long as you and others would like it too, I,m just so pleased that you have left Helston alone and had a go at me. Sat here p*****g myself laughing,as you have nothing good to say about anyone or anything you are just a sad fool with a very large spoon lol

Hey fellas, isn't it about time we canned this topic?

Almost everyone who is active has had something to say on the several threads that this subject has produced.

It has become increasingly obvious some people have it in for the club or person(s) involved and want to drag this out but the posts are starting to repeat themselves and now threats are starting to creep in.

Lets wait to see if St Day are punished further, no more speculation please.

Lets get back to what we like, football.

A full set of games this week.

A local derby at Falmouth Athletic as Penryn are the visitors

Will St Ives stay unbeaten as they visit Goonhavern?

Holmans desperate for points host improving Hayle

Under-achieving Ludgvan entertain over achieving Mullion

A young Newquay side are home to St Day

Will Falmouth get back to winning ways at Pendeen?

Perranwell face hot and cold St Agnes at home.

An easy three points for Illogan at Porthleven?

Culdrose at home to a battling St just

Mid-table Wendron and Troon go head to head at Underlane.

Comments on these matches anyone.

Gonna pop down and watch illogan at Porthleven, could promise to be a goal fest if results this season are to go by, in other games wendron to beat Troon, culdrose to beat st just, perranwell to just edge st Agnes, mullion to beat ludgvan, pendeen to nick it at home to Falmouth, hayle to beat Holmans and penryn to beat athletic

I hope you lads know the table on the FA Full Time website is wrong.

3 results have cocked the table up.

Last week Troon v Porthleven should read 6-1 not 6-2 as they have it.

Also look at the games played on 13-10-12

Culdrose v Penryn and St Day v Falmouth Athletic are on there twice!

http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?league=2469969

The correct table is here

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/12table.htm

or more detailed

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/12extended.htm

Matt and St Day have made a mistake, a costly one we have too agree. Mr Carey made a similar one, deliberate or a mistake we will ever know, time to move on.

St Day have been removed from the Senior Cup. Many people have got what they have wanted. No need for any more blood. Mark has already made an official statement from St Day FC, please take it on face value as the guy is a genuine person who works very hard for his club. Good luck to Probus in the next round.

Never want to comment on the whole Ben Andros issue ever again, but lol, I have been working for the LG for 19 years and have close contacts with Police i can assure you that their was never one. No one should ever defend it Top Cat .

Theolderigetthethickeriam, It can continue as long as you and others would like it too, I,m just so pleased that you have left Helston alone and had a go at me. Sat here p*****g myself laughing,as you have nothing good to say about anyone or anything you are just a sad fool with a very large spoon lol

Funny thing is topcat - you brought it up. I suppose you are working on the principle that if you say it often enough people will believe it, who are you trying to convince - yourself LOL.

I don't doubt your wetting yourself topcat as I suspect many others are, but, the question you must ask yourself is - are they laughing with me - or at me ???? ho ho ho!!!

Mr Harris, you have had a bit of grief for the misfortunate mistake you have made over the last few days but at least you have admitted to your club that you have cheated. As the biblical saying goes you reap what you sow.

But members, I cannot believe what has just been said. I thought it was done and dusted but let's now switch fire.

Yes, Matt Harris is a cheat, he will always be known as a cheat from now on, his club's reputation is now destroyed. Would you want your young son playing under a cheat. Not mine. However, at least he has admitted it in the end.

Kevin Toy is the Cornish football equivalent of Lance Armstrong. Totally in Denial. Stop being in denial, yes, you produced a price of paper that says you registered a person called Ben Andos with a fake address. He didn't exist Ben Ambrose has admitted it to all his mate's down the bars in Falmouth.

Kevin Toy has come on here and has brought up Ben Andros again. The only people you have fooled have been the CCFA not the Cornish football community.

But Kev Toy, unbelievable.

Example

A player called James Smith. My team has registered both James Smith and Philip Andrews. Philip Andrews does not exist his address is 1 Down The Docks, Falmouth. James Smith gets sent off on Saturday, gives the referee the name Philip Andrews. Manager aka (Kev Toy) puts the name Philip Andrews on the team sheet. Referee sends report to CCFA that Philip Andrews has been sent off and CCFA gives out a 30 day ban to Philip Andrews. But he doesn't exists. James Smith tgen gets to play in the next round. Very clever. You may have fooled the last CCFA secretary but you certainly haven't fooled the Cornish football community or the new CCFA CEO. This loophole needs to be stop and called the Andros law!

Mr Harris needs to be punished. Hopefully a token one season ban from Association football, what ever is in the guidelines, he has not only let his squad down but his club down. Shame. Serve it. Lesson learnt. Hopefully he won't do it again.

However he won't get that punishment because the CCFA discipline committee are incompetent. History has shown that.

Kevin, so many more people will have respect for you if you come out and admit it.

Justice!

Or am I wrong?

Ha ha you really couldn't make this up! Manager blatantly cheats, just 3/4 years after kicking up a full storm about cheating, and rightly so! Even lies to a host of local forum who will obviously post the answer on said forum. After the truth comes out, there's a shock, he has the cheek to just carry on with no shame, also a major shock! And then Toyer, involved in original cheat storm, comes on to comment. Brilliant!

St Day seem to have a very loyal and good base of men and women working and playing for the club so personally I'm surprised they have stood by a man, term used very loosely, that has intentionally and with no shame dragged their name into the gutter.

Ha ha you really couldn't make this up! Manager blatantly cheats, just 3/4 years after kicking up a full storm about cheating, and rightly so! Even lies to a host of local forum who will obviously post the answer on said forum. After the truth comes out, there's a shock, he has the cheek to just carry on with no shame, also a major shock! And then Toyer, involved in original cheat storm, comes on to comment. Brilliant!

St Day seem to have a very loyal and good base of men and women working and playing for the club so personally I'm surprised they have stood by a man, term used very loosely, that has intentionally and with no shame dragged their name into the gutter.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

You know what the saddest part of all this is? The way the vultures start circling around a club as soon as there is any bit of bad news. St Day aren't the first and won't be the last the make an error. It would be nice if people thought to themselves before posting "How would I feel if it were my club?" People exaggerate, fabricate and in some cases downright lie just to have their say on a topic that is being done to death ten times over already. It's almost as if people don't have anything more exciting to do.........

The matter has been found, the proper authorities follow the right procedures to deal with it, end of.

You know what the saddest part of all this is? The way the vultures start circling around a club as soon as there is any bit of bad news. St Day aren't the first and won't be the last the make an error. It would be nice if people thought to themselves before posting "How would I feel if it were my club?" People exaggerate, fabricate and in some cases downright lie just to have their say on a topic that is being done to death ten times over already. It's almost as if people don't have anything more exciting to do.........

The matter has been found, the proper authorities follow the right procedures to deal with it, end of.

Theirs a difference between "an error" and blatent cheating......

I think most sympathise with the club as a whole but unfortunately the sympathies are diluted somewhat when, after the manager has blatantly lied and this has been proven, the club then back the manager 100% - I may have misread this - and so in many eyes, they appear to be no better and perhaps condone the manager's actions. Yes it has happened to other clubs but how many have compounded the issue by blatant lies after they have been found out. Naivity at best, stupidity and deceipt at worst.

A number of contributors have used the words "mistake", "error" or "unfortunate" - let's get it right, it was deliberate cheating, pure and simple. Any punishment must reflect that! The analogy with Falmouth's ****-up last year doesn't hold water as Falmouth put the players name on the teamsheet and paid the penalty for being ignorant of the rules. As far as I can see, in the St Day v Probus incident, the manager, I assume, realised the player in question was ineligible so played him under the name of another player. Open & shut case?

I'm sure a line could have been drawn under this matter on the forum if there had not been so much prevarication and a number of posts supporting the manager (which, of course, contributors are quite entitled to do). Whilst not knowing what, if any, further action the CCFA will take, St Day could have taken some of the steam out of this issue by imposing their own sanction(s) on the manager to show how seriously they take the situation (rather than fully supporting the manager who has been found out to have cheated).

As for Topcat and the Ben Andos issue, no doubt he 'got one over' on the CCFA but, despite any protestations, he knows what he did and he knows we know what he did so don't think he's in a position to take the moral high ground.

I think most sympathise with the club as a whole but unfortunately the sympathies are diluted somewhat when, after the manager has blatantly lied and this has been proven, the club then back the manager 100% - I may have misread this - and so in many eyes, they appear to be no better and perhaps condone the manager's actions. Yes it has happened to other clubs but how many have compounded the issue by blatant lies after they have been found out. Naivity at best, stupidity and deceipt at worst.

Correct.

Writing from Gloucestershire, may I say how shocked I am. In my days as a club secretary, this kind of thing would never have happened. Matt Harris is a fine upstanding man from Troon who roofed the St Just stand and scored a magnificent goal for the Tinners in a Combo Cup Final. Every penny spent on him and his posse of fine young scaffolders, entrepreneurs and skilled craftsmen has always been well spent and St Day are a lovely club who deserve all their success. There are too many silly FA rules and I think people should get back to basics and puy a stop to this pedantic teamsheet nonsense. It used to be a man's game, as exemplified by those fine Corinthian Tinners. The Senior Cup is a dratted nuisance that ruins the ability of decent clubs to concentrate on not getting relegated into the kind of hoofball refereed by junkies indulged by the lower echelons of Cornish society and it's getting too much publicity. My own beloved Tinners are even threatening to get into the last 16 of the Silly Cup and the sooner they see sense and usher Bude through, the sooner they can concentrate on picking up important points. Shame they weren't drawn up Bude in the next round instead of at home: Glos feels closer to Bude as the crow flies than St Just is and I might have got a chance to watch that subtle Lafrowda catenaccio in person.....

Writing from Gloucestershire, may I say how shocked I am. In my days as a club secretary, this kind of thing would never have happened. Matt Harris is a fine upstanding man from Troon who roofed the St Just stand and scored a magnificent goal for the Tinners in a Combo Cup Final. Every penny spent on him and his posse of fine young scaffolders, entrepreneurs and skilled craftsmen has always been well spent and St Day are a lovely club who deserve all their success. There are too many silly FA rules and I think people should get back to basics and puy a stop to this pedantic teamsheet nonsense. It used to be a man's game, as exemplified by those fine Corinthian Tinners. The Senior Cup is a dratted nuisance that ruins the ability of decent clubs to concentrate on not getting relegated into the kind of hoofball refereed by junkies indulged by the lower echelons of Cornish society and it's getting too much publicity. My own beloved Tinners are even threatening to get into the last 16 of the Silly Cup and the sooner they see sense and usher Bude through, the sooner they can concentrate on picking up important points. Shame they weren't drawn up Bude in the next round instead of at home: Glos feels closer to Bude as the crow flies than St Just is and I might have got a chance to watch that subtle Lafrowda catenaccio in person.....

Just because he scored a goal in a final and roofed a stand doesn't change the fact that he blatenly cheated, I don't understand why people are trying to stick up for him, I don't care wether or not he gets fined or banned but the fact still remains he cheated.

Because I can not understand a word that Isaac writes I am not sure whether or not he is deriding the Senior Cup. It would appear that some people, aided and supported by others at CCFA have no sense of pride about the County's senior competition and that is a pity and probably explains the state of the game generally.

One must wonder why so many decent,hard-working volunteers put so much effort into the whole thing.