Cornwall Football Forum

St Day AFC Removed From Senior Cup

Before the rumour mill starts I have been told officially that St Day AFC have been removed from the Cornwall Senior Cup.

I ask forum members not to post anything on here until a good friend of mine from St Day AFC makes a statement shortly.

This is a individual mistake and not one made by the members of the club. I ask you to refrain from any posts until a official statement has been made so you know the facts.

Regards,

Richard - Forum Admin

All at Probus are delighted with the decision and are looking forward to welcoming Saltash in the next round of the senior cup.

We would like to thank everyone that has assisted us in this matter.

I would like to express my personal thanks to all at the CCFA who have been extremely helpful over the past few days.

I appeal to everyone to please let this topic drop now and draw a line under the sand on the issue.

Im sure there are lots of people with differing views and opinions but can we all now get on with enjoying football.

This has not been an `easy` time for either us or St Day.

I wish all at St Day well and Im sure everyone has learnt from this incident.

Ian Peters - Chairman Probus FC

as a player of st day i am gutted by this.... but we need to overcome this mishap and just concentrate on the league by producing some good results like we have been... we dont want anyone to resign or we dont want to lose players, if we all stick by the club we love to play football for and try and gain are respect back then thats what we will do :) .. well thats my aim anyway :)

Nathan Taylor :)

Why was my post deleted this morning?

I would like to apologise to Probus for the smug comments I made this week. Truly have egg on my face now don't I.

On behalf of the supporters I really hope Mr Harris does the honourable thing and resigns before the weekend. He has seriously damaged the reputation of our club and his credibility is now in tatters. We might lose a few players but I'm sure Willy can step up and get local boys back playing again.

Well Nathan, rumblings from the clubhouse show people like myself who have been with the club for a long time are not happy with the situation.

I will still be watching on Saturday rain or shine.

Once a saint......always a saint.

Saint Vogue

every football club has rumblings not everyone agrees on the same thing..... but being a squad that want the same thing is a different matter we all enjoy playing football at st day otherwise we wouldnt be here, there is no other option but to keep our heads up and stick together no matter what happens thats what teams do and thats what st day do :)

If the ineligible player wae left on the team sheet there is no guarantee the CCFA would find out as (I think) they do not have registration forms like the old days-correct me if I am wrong.

How many clubs in the Cornwall Senior & Junior Cup this season have had players making their first appearance in the competition and would be deemed inelgible?

Last year wasn't there a story of Camborne School of Mines playing their first game of the season in the Junior Cup making all their new players not qualified.

Posted · Hidden by cornishteddyboy, October 24, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by cornishteddyboy, October 24, 2012 - No reason given

There is no way I shall watch or be associated with st day afc again. We have come off looking so bad with all of this our club should seriously look at who is running us! Everybody is now speaking up when they were all quiet enough before the verdict! All cheats!!!

That's good to hear but not everone is thinking the same way. Someone has to take responsibility for this.

All you can do as a player is give 100% no matter who is in charge.

u take the blame 4 it then,if ur only a supporter u aint gonna worry bout bein expelled from managing any side in a senior cup competition in the near future!

matey boy who manages them now mite be interested in ur views on saturday rather than hear u calling 4 him 2 resign on here,bit below the belt st vogue hes probably embarrassed enuff as it is :wacko:

Saint vogue and other people concerned I will not be quitting my post at st day I have a good relationship with my chairman, vice chairman and Dave Searle I have total respect for these three people and I have a cracking set of boys who I manage and a good man next to me Andy trathen and please don't worry the only one leaving the club is my best mate Shane Richards which I've allowed to go back to troon to play regular football,I just wish that you wouldn't hide behind your posts and if you have a problem come forward and speak to me I wish probus the best of luck for the next round, thanks st day manager

Well Cloughy, from what other committee members have told me tonight you might not have a choice in the matter. I for one won't be giving you my support.

I know you were not the only one to sign the team sheet but how can we support someone who has set out to deceive and then categorically deny to a member of the press that a player didn't play in a county cup competion when he did. Embarrassing.

I'm sure you can rely on the vice chairman for his support when he gets back from holiday.

Chin up.

Saint vogue you say you come and watch and that your a st day man why don't you contact me or speak to me about this in person instead of putting this all over the soccer forum you are not a st day man as any st day man wouldn't put this all over the soccer forum, end of

i just think this whole situation got out off hand i play for st day under matty and i think everyone should get off his back to be honest this ST VOGUE man needs to be quiet on here if your a st day man u should back your club 100 percent no matter what happen i dont agree with the decision to kick st day out of the cup because there is no video evidence do u think the police would charge someone with no evidence NO!!!!!!! im sure the CCFA need to re think there actions and no go on word of mouth and letters ill be backing matt harris to the end and he resigns im sure many players would leave too and im sure saltash would be a good test for us but for probus its gunna be a drumming the poor boys.................. up the saints :) x

Hardly worth st day carrying on this year mid table in the league out the senior cup and a cheating manager! Best of luck in the senior cup next year chimps!!!######

chimps really? im sure u have better things to do with ur evening than slate other teams and im sure the so called chimps will finish in the top 3 this season and we was never gunna win senior cup anyway

Hardly worth st day carrying on this year mid table in the league out the senior cup and a cheating manager! Best of luck in the senior cup next year chimps!!!######

chimps really? im sure u have better things to do with ur evening than slate other teams and im sure the so called chimps will finish in the top 3 this season and we was never gunna win senior cup anyway

50% Spot on