Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results & Tables - Tuesday 23rd October 2012

Rgk19 respectable result for town under the circumstances, who was their manager for to-nites game?

Paul Murray was on the touchline. The programme suggested that Mark Vercesi and Wayne Quinn were going to be asked to take charge for the next few games while the search for a manager goes on. However, I don't think the latter was there.

On the game itself, Bodmin by no means had it all their own way, even though the scoreline suggests a comfortable win. If Squires had let fire on goal when he had half an opportunity in the second half - who knows!

In contrast, Bodmin's second goal was well put away by Chris Luxton heading home at the far post into the opposite corner of the net. Telling left wing cross from Neil Slateford. Then the third, Luxton cleverly worked his way into the box and laid it on so perfectly for Adam Carter that the big No 9 couldn't fail to score.

That's what champions are all about I suppose - scoring at crucial times of the game.

CSWPL PREMIER Tuesday, October 23

Camelford 3 - 0 Parkway

Falmouth 0 - 3 Bodmin

Ivybridge 4 - 3 Liskeard

Saltash 9 - 0 Penzance

Witheridge 1 - 2 Launceston

1 Launceston 15 9 1 5 31 23 8 28

2 Bodmin 10 8 2 0 38 8 30 26

3 Camelford 16 8 2 6 32 16 16 26

4 Ivybridge 14 8 1 5 36 29 7 25

5 St Blazey 12 6 4 2 40 18 22 22

6 Parkway 9 7 1 1 25 15 10 22

7 Elburton 11 7 1 3 26 18 8 22

8 Tavistock 14 7 1 6 35 29 6 22

9 Saltash 11 6 3 2 42 11 31 21

10 Newquay 13 6 1 6 30 22 8 19

11 St Austell 11 5 1 5 11 16 -5 16

12 Witheridge 11 4 3 4 20 14 6 15

13 Falmouth 13 4 3 6 21 27 -6 15

14 Liverton 10 4 2 4 18 17 1 14

15 Torpoint 12 3 3 6 12 20 -8 12

16 Bovey 9 3 0 6 10 24 -14 9

17 Liskeard 14 2 3 9 21 36 -15 9

18 Cullompton 13 3 0 10 13 46 -33 9

19 Penzance 14 0 0 14 6 78 -72 0

CSWPL WEST DIVISION Tuesday, October 23

Wadebridge 6 - 2 VospersOV

1 Godolphin 10 10 0 0 37 7 30 30

2 Helston 10 8 1 1 47 12 35 25

3 Wadebridge 8 8 0 0 38 6 32 24

4 Dobwalls 10 6 0 4 33 26 7 18

5 Callington 8 5 1 2 29 7 22 16

6 Perranporth 9 5 0 4 25 16 9 15

7 Porthleven 11 5 0 6 19 26 -7 15

8 Penryn 10 4 2 4 25 21 4 14

9 Hayle 12 4 1 7 20 24 -4 13

10 Truro City 11 7 1 3 26 17 9 12

11 Sticker 8 4 0 4 14 17 -3 12

12 VospersOV 9 3 1 5 15 19 -4 10

13 St Dennis 9 3 1 5 18 30 -12 10

14 Mousehole 10 1 0 9 10 46 -36 3

15 Holsworthy 7 0 0 7 6 22 -16 0

16 Foxhole 12 0 0 12 12 78 -66 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

camelford flying ? they have lost and drawn half there games so far this season so should finish mid table .

The only reason they had a bad start is because they had 4, 5 and 6 players out for those games, but since they have had a settled side they are playing some good stuff. Have beaten Liskeard, Saltash, St Blazey, St Austell and Parkway in the league and Holsworthy in the cup in recent weeks and that is flying, will finish above half way if they can keep a settled team, all done on a very small budget. I read on this forum how good this player is and that player is but only a handful of what I have seen would get in Camels side at the moment.

Camelford 3 0 Parkway, A very entertaining game at Trefrew, Parkway played some nice stuff but couldn't break down Camel's excellent defence. Charlie Barnes scored another 2 goals tonight to cap a superb performance by him, Mark Gusterson got the other. Parkway struggled at the back and didn't seem to have much confidence in their keeper who looked shaky all evening. If Parkway are the next best team after Bodmin then the league will be all over by Christmas.

Rgk19 respectable result for town under the circumstances, who was their manager for to-nites game?

On the game itself, Bodmin by no means had it all their own way,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to this game tonight, Bodmin certainly had it all their own way, if they had their shooting boots on it would have been comfortably double the score. A very bumpy pitch enabled Falmouth to compete to a limited ability with a slick Bodmin side.

On that showing Falmouth will be at the bottom of the league with relegation looking at them, they better pull their socks up fast. I don't recall Miller having to make a save.

Poorest Falmouth team I have seen, played in front of a very poor crowd for this fixture.

On the game itself, Bodmin by no means had it all their own way,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to this game tonight, Bodmin certainly had it all their own way, if they had their shooting boots on it would have been comfortably double the score. A very bumpy pitch enabled Falmouth to compete to a limited ability with a slick Bodmin side.

On that showing Falmouth will be at the bottom of the league with relegation looking at them, they better pull their socks up fast. I don't recall Miller having to make a save.

Poorest Falmouth team I have seen, played in front of a very poor crowd for this fixture.

TOIGTBIW it is clear from your comments that you have a dislike of Falmouth & that Dave Deacon saw a different game to you,

on this Forum you never have a good word to say about Falmouth, But we do not mind we have heard your sort before,

as for you continued comments about the pitch within the League I have seen worse pitches than Falmouth's,

No doubt you are also hoping that Falmouth are relegated, but long after you & I have departed FALMOUTH TOWN will still be around,

Hammers :c::) :c:

Hammers, I have actually sung Falmouths praises on one occasion, you need to read everything.

Yes there are worst pitches than Falmouths around, but it affected the game last night, and I'm not the only one who says it.

You are wrong, I saw the same game as Dave Deacon, but I and several others saw it differently. It certainly could have been double that scoreline. Were you there?????

Do I dislike Falmouth MMMmmmmm!! They've lorded it over local football for years, now they don't, but still think they're the big charlies. They've buried their selves in debt to try and maintain that perceived position and now the finance has been stopped, not unlike Truro. Get used to being where you are, its going to be a while.

Do I want Falmouth relegated MMMMmmmm! Yes and no. For personal reasons.

Will Falmouth be here after you and I have gone MMMMmmm! maybe, but there's a chance they won't.

I think thats everything answered, hope that helps.

Hammers, I have actually sung Falmouths praises on one occasion, you need to read everything.

Yes there are worst pitches than Falmouths around, but it affected the game last night, and I'm not the only one who says it.

You are wrong, I saw the same game as Dave Deacon, but I and several others saw it differently. It certainly could have been double that scoreline. Were you there?????

Do I dislike Falmouth MMMmmmmm!! They've lorded it over local football for years, now they don't, but still think they're the big charlies. They've buried their selves in debt to try and maintain that perceived position and now the finance has been stopped, not unlike Truro. Get used to being where you are, its going to be a while.

Will Falmouth be here after you and I have gone MMMMmmm! maybe, but there's a chance they won't.

That old chestnut again! :)

The little man knows very little about everything it seems, most of all what is happening at Falmouth Town...however a game of football is seen differently through everyones eyes. He was there so has a right to an opinion. As for his identity...he is so very small he is largely insignificant.

I was asked a few questions, which I answered. Can't help it if you don't like my replies and don't really care. Fire away with the innuendoes I love it.

Keep changing my name if it makes you happy, because it certainly makes me laugh, someone may actually come up with a good one, although GOBI TWIT was quite good.

Who am I ???? They seek him here they seek him there that damned elusive - go on you make the rest up.

Ho ho ho !!!! Remember, only the truth hurts - ouch!! your all biting so there must be something in it.

That old chestnut again! :)

To you Mark, please don't take it personally. It is not a reflection on you at all.