Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge Town vs Vospers Oak Villa (Tue 23 Oct)

Wadebridge Town 6 - 2 Vospers Oak Villa

Late report due to leaving my phone in the clubhouse.

Another strong performance by the Bridge against a useful Vospers outfit. Bridge defence were outstanding today. Central defence pairing of Sam Gerken and Martin Cook dealt with Vospers pacey front 2 well. Cooky also popping up with a screamer from 25 yards out. Dan Metherall impressive at left back today, great energy getting forward creating space for me on the left. Front 2 terrorising the defence as usual backed up by the energetic Liam Ames who also scored a great 20/25 yard effort. Could mention all the team, really good performance by all.

Bridge raced into a two goal lead but were then pegged back, a good solo run by one of the Vospers player (Name?). We reshaped and managed to grab a goal to make it 3-1 going into the break,

Second half saw another 3 goals for the Bridge to make it 6-1 followed by a late consolation effort, final score 6-2. Lots of other opportunities spurned, this could and should have been more.

Mousehole away on saturday.

I have to agree with cornishlegend here...Dan Jennings is a good player and is on form at the minute but I wouldnt go as far to say the best in the league....Helstons front 2 are quality, especially Liam Eddy, who has played at a higher level before. Wadebridge are a great side and have had a fantastic start to the season but cornishlegend is right in them not having played the better teams in the league yet, such as...Godolphin, Helston. Callington etc. I dont think they will struggle against these teams, they just wont find it as easy as they have been so far this season. Godolphin are the team to beat this season I think...best footballing side Ive played against for a ages.

No doubting Helstons front 2 are good (Goldsworthy winner of the top scorer last year) like u say Eddy played higher level. Can't wait for these big games. I think Godolphin are the team to beat. We played them pre season at their place and lost 4-3 but cant read too much into that as they were missing Kyle Brown and probably few others, likewise we were missing 2/3 starters and have since had 2 new additions which have taken us to another level. Strong squad could be crucial this season.