Cornwall Football Forum

Alan Carey resigns at Falmouth!

Falmouth nor Mr Carey have any money. Its just another resignation by Mr Carey, again. Didn't he try to resign over some **** up last year???? Falmouth then persuaded him to stay, now, they probably are glad to see the back of him. Consolidating mid table with local boys was the goal, more like a relegation team at the moment.

Everybody in football knows (along with others) that he cannot manage at all, just - or used too, have the means to attract some sponsors. When that went he was a spent force. Always the bridesmaid I'm afraid.

U can't just keep blaming the managers . The football committee needs to think about how to run a club. How many so called big clubs have made the mistake of bringing in players who just play for money? None of these journeymen ever win trophies . Look at the likes of mr Quin and co. from hayle to pz to Falmouth ! Nothing, jus a quick exit moaning how they need a bigger budget

I agree with you about the mercenaries thuthbetold - when the money dries up the mercenaries disappear and leave the club in crisis. Many clubs never learn.

It also irritates that some players follow managers from club to club, ostensibly to play 'for the manager' but in reality, knowing that certain managers will have funds available at whichever club they manage (otherwise they wouldn't be there). Again, if the money goes, so do the players (& doubtless the manager as well).

What I would really like to see (but doubt that it will ever happen) is to see some of the so-called 'top' managers at clubs where there is little or no budget and the manager has to rely on his own experience, charisma, methods, ability, etc etc to get the best out of the players and mould them into a good team. Pigs might fly!

It's only when that something like that happens that you can truly judge the managerial ability of a person(s) - not by continually splashing the cash!

Posted · Hidden by cornishteddyboy, October 22, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by cornishteddyboy, October 22, 2012 - No reason given

perhaps we should put a pic of a box with shit in it like the lovely Falmouth fans did,but they have all gone quiet so that says it all. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Keep on carrying that kitbag POPEYE !

Falmouth nor Mr Carey have any money. Its just another resignation by Mr Carey, again. Didn't he try to resign over some **** up last year???? Falmouth then persuaded him to stay, now, they probably are glad to see the back of him. Consolidating mid table with local boys was the goal, more like a relegation team at the moment.

Everybody in football knows (along with others) that he cannot manage at all, just - or used too, have the means to attract some sponsors. When that went he was a spent force. Always the bridesmaid I'm afraid.

I agree with you! WTF!!!!?

Shoot me now........................

I agree with you! WTF!!!!?

Shoot me now........................

Great minds as they say - rock on!!!!!

OH!!! and BANG!!!

Falmouth should allow Paul and Roy to take it on and see how they fair.

Afterall they know what players to attract to the club for little or no budget,Paul is an excellent talker in the changing room and has the ability to man manage, Roy is very good at formation and selection, the two have and would continue to work well together even at 1st team level.In the current climate sponsors are hard to come by,and all respect to Alan he has never had to manage with a minimal budget untill now, and maybe the hurdle was just to great? Paul is also good friends with Sid Taylor at Helston and they seem to be going well without a budget, so he may also use his friendship to find out how Helston are managing it, (for example liam eddy wanted payment at Town, now plays for nothing for Helston) so Sid got it right somewhere take my hat off to him.

Afterall they know what players to attract to the club for little or no budget,Paul is an excellent talker in the changing room and has the ability to man manage, Roy is very good at formation and selection, the two have and would continue to work well together even at 1st team level.In the current climate sponsors are hard to come by,and all respect to Alan he has never had to manage with a minimal budget untill now, and maybe the hurdle was just to great? Paul is also good friends with Sid Taylor at Helston and they seem to be going well without a budget, so he may also use his friendship to find out how Helston are managing it, (for example liam eddy wanted payment at Town, now plays for nothing for Helston) so Sid got it right somewhere take my hat off to him.

If you believe Helston aren't paying, then you also believe the moon is made of cheese.

As for Paul and roy running the 1st team, your havin a giraffe. Your head is still in junior football.

Where are you getting this so called info from then theolderigethebetteriwas? Slight jealousy about a club (in the real sense of the word ie both off and on the pitch!!) doing well by not actually paying their players; a good bunch of blokes who all enjoy each others company and playing some decent football as well. I bet you can't tell me and the rest of the forum where you have got this so called 'inside knowledge'?

The records will show that Mr.carey won trophies at Bodmin ..So he cant be that bad a manager then,Gilby and his staff have taken us on to the level we are at now but Mr.carey was the one who brought the likes of Gilby and others to Bodmin in the begining and laid some foundations ..Things haven't worked out at falmouth but i expect he will be back again soon . football will always need the characters of the Alan Careys of this world

I think that who ever the next manager to be will have a lot of problems due to the clubs circumstances. I have heard that steve Kimberley would like to become the manager of the football team.

Very funny Rgk19!! Best giggle I've had all day but no thanks!

It's hard enough doing the other jobs at a club without being Manager.

So that's a no thanks from me and Graham Medlin too!!

Steve Kimberley

Falmouth Town AFC B)

The records will show that Mr.carey won trophies at Bodmin ..So he cant be that bad a manager then,Gilby and his staff have taken us on to the level we are at now but Mr.carey was the one who brought the likes of Gilby and others to Bodmin in the begining and laid some foundations ..Things haven't worked out at falmouth but i expect he will be back again soon . football will always need the characters of the Alan Careys of this world

But the Referees won't! :)

If you believe Helston aren't paying, then you also believe the moon is made of cheese.

As for Paul and roy running the 1st team, your havin a giraffe. Your head is still in junior football.

well then pal the moon must be made of cheese, cos the are not paying....fact! Mainly local boys playing for their local club, and enjoying a cracking social life with it. So tell me is it made of cream cheese, cheddar, edam.............etc. Will look forward to your answer!

I think that who ever the next manager to be will have a lot of problems due to the clubs circumstances. I have heard that steve Kimberley would like to become the manager of the football team.

Very funny Rgk19!! Best giggle I've had all day but no thanks!

It's hard enough doing the other jobs at a club without being Manager.

So that's a no thanks from me and Graham Medlin too!!

Steve Kimberley

Falmouth Town AFC B)

Steve was spotted at Helston football club on Saturday he decided not to join in with the lads doing press ups and doing silly things but being local to the football club could he be thinking of joining the blues after his famous Chelsea.(just thought I'd start a rumour becuase its what people do on here) we all love you Steve and good luck to Falmouth.

well then pal the moon must be made of cheese, cos the are not paying....fact! Mainly local boys playing for their local club, and enjoying a cracking social life with it. So tell me is it made of cream cheese, cheddar, edam.............etc. Will look forward to your answer!

IF, and its a big IF they are not paying. then it won't last. Make the most of it because it will change. If true well done for the present.

However in my mind they are, maybe you just don't know, maybe some are paid and some not if you know what I mean. Both scenario's are not unheard of.

IF, and its a big IF they are not paying. then it won't last. Make the most of it because it will change. If true well done for the present.

However in my mind they are, maybe you just don't know, maybe some are paid and some not if you know what I mean. Both scenario's are not unheard of.

Yep you have got it spot on - been rumbled. Helston do pay some and not others. Knew it could not be kept a secret. Thank god the burden of that secret is now lifted.

Where are you getting this so called info from then theolderigethebetteriwas? Slight jealousy about a club (in the real sense of the word ie both off and on the pitch!!) doing well by not actually paying their players; a good bunch of blokes who all enjoy each others company and playing some decent football as well. I bet you can't tell me and the rest of the forum where you have got this so called 'inside knowledge'?

Someone called commonsense told me.

Not one single player gets paid at Helston, can't people realise that local players want to play for their local club!? Not to mention the simple fact that players want to play under Sid Taylor and Richie Full! Great management! The social side of it isn't bad either.. Pretty much the whole squad nurse a hangover every Sunday!!

And you are quite clearly clueless!

Ho ho ho!! ouch.

Well you were not able to tell me what type of cheese the moon is made of...so maybe not such a wise old owl!!

Oh, alright then - Cornish blue.

i am not sure whether to believe you....as nothing else you say on here makes sense!

And you are quite clearly clueless!

Ho ho ho!! ouch.

Well you were not able to tell me what type of cheese the moon is made of...so maybe not such a wise old owl!!

Oh, alright then - Cornish blue.

i am not sure whether to believe you....as nothing else you say on here makes sense!

Nice cheese I'm told, made in Cornwall - Liskeard way.

Blimey only put my opinion of Paul and Roy forward and Helston took the brunt!

Anyway I don,t think they pay,and I know quite a few of their players just enjoy their football there.

Back to the Town scenario, Two local boys who could do the job that Carey said he would "Find local talent" otherwise you will pull in a big name who will try to get seasoned players to the club and when they go you will be back to square one. It's time to rebuild, cut costs, and try to bring the club back to it's former glory. There are enough local people connected with the club to pull together and help

Rumour has it that the local talent that were recruited (with a few incentives) have found them drying up to the point that they do actually now - play for nothing. Plenty of promises though.

When you ask players to play in that league with the travelling involved, to many it means missing a Saturday mornings work.

They just can't afford to do it without that income being replaced, so at this time one league or possibly two down would be Falmouths salvation.

TOIGTBIW

you really do have a complete dislike of Falmouth, no doubt you would jump for joy if Falmouth were to go down,

Falmouth will always bounce back from problems, Why! Because the are a great club,

So you had better start looking for the next club that you want to see go down,

I do not wish to comment on your attitude on this forum because I would be here all day giving my thoughts on what sort of person you are,

Hammers :c::mellow: :c: