Cornwall Football Forum

I know it was said by the famous pragmatist a few weeks ago but the peninsula league is turning into a joke with certain teams dropping there regular players 2 bring in a higher level player 4 1 game!! The classic example was plym parkway on fri. Bringing in yetton & Martin. In turn dropping a couple of regulars. & still not getting the result. Surely it's embarrassing 2 all concerned @ these clubs?

I remember that conversation we had slim about Hobbs going to bodmin its happened but what I want to know is has there Been loads of police chase him across the pitch yet lol?.back to the point managers are using players then expect them to perform ie parkway there is no respect from management why should players respect them I reckon it's main reason they are leaving so quick.

I know it was said by the famous pragmatist a few weeks ago but the peninsula league is turning into a joke with certain teams dropping there regular players 2 bring in a higher level player 4 1 game!! The classic example was plym parkway on fri. Bringing in yetton & Martin. In turn dropping a couple of regulars. & still not getting the result. Surely it's embarrassing 2 all concerned @ these clubs?

Be interesting to see if these 2 players will travel away to Camelford during the week.

Be interesting to see if these 2 players will travel away to Camelford during the week.

Doubt it - Martin hopefully playing for Truro on Tuesday, Yetton apparently injured!

With regards to Marcus Martin and Stewart Yetton both turning out for Parkway on Friday night , we were missing one player ( Paul Heveran) injured and one or two others were doubtful with knocks so were only fit for the bench and not the full 90 minutes . As the seconds had a game yesterday we could not draft any of these lads in ( as we had done for the previous two games ) . It was the same when Chris Wright and Danny Lewis played in the Bovey game as well ( I would dispute the ringer tag for Chris Wright , he has long connections with the club and has turned up to watch when Buckland do not have a game) .

Glyn Hobbs playing for us in a off game at Buckland in the FA Cup though , that is another matter . I , along with others, was not comfortable with that .

Without stirring up a hornets nest. We're the likes of Sam Hillson etc.. Happy with being on the bench?? I know he won't say anything cause his dad might stop his pocket money! Lol. But all joking aside do u think its good man management? Is this the reason y parkway have been through so many players in the last few yrs?

Without stirring up a hornets nest. We're the likes of Sam Hillson etc.. Happy with being on the bench?? I know he won't say anything cause his dad might stop his pocket money! Lol. But all joking aside do u think its good man management? Is this the reason y parkway have been through so many players in the last few yrs?

I believe Sam is still getting over a dose of tonsilitis .Good man management takes many forms , one of these is accepting that things aren't working and that it would be best if people moved on . The players that departed in the exodus last season made their choice at the time , not many of them have been missed . The club does seem happier and more united without them .

With regards to Marcus Martin and Stewart Yetton both turning out for Parkway on Friday night , we were missing one player ( Paul Heveran) injured and one or two others were doubtful with knocks so were only fit for the bench and not the full 90 minutes . As the seconds had a game yesterday we could not draft any of these lads in ( as we had done for the previous two games ) . It was the same when Chris Wright and Danny Lewis played in the Bovey game as well ( I would dispute the ringer tag for Chris Wright , he has long connections with the club and has turned up to watch when Buckland do not have a game) .

Glyn Hobbs playing for us in a off game at Buckland in the FA Cup though , that is another matter . I , along with others, was not comfortable with that .

Haha...... Chris Wright isn't a ringer because he watches???? Thats the equivelent of Paul Scholes running out for Oldham!!!

Might be Falmouth getting kicked out of senior cup last season for using an ineligible player

Falmouth were thrown out, but not because of any ringer situation. The guy just hadn't played a league game first! Hardly the same situation as the topic title suggests!

Thanks for putting the record straight Dave.

Steve Kimberley

I give up . One of the vital rules in life is not trying to defend something you don't believe in .

We aren't the only ones doing it though , it's been going on for as long as I can remember . Can remember plenty of Saltash and Liskeard players turning out for South Western League clubs when the fixtures allowed it back in the eighties , also recall Steve Daly turning out for Bodmin and Blazey when the Tiverton season finished .

I agree ,should be one man one club,but no rules have been broken .

I'm with the one man one club system. Even with the corruption of Truro, and with Yetton being in and around Parkway for a while. I don't feel it was fair on the likes of Warren Daw and Jamie Bass to be left out as they are both influential players in the team. Were other squad members disappointed with the managers decision to chop and change the team, and this may of had an effect of team morale. Parkway have seemed a very close knit team from the end of last season to the start of this season, but maybe bringing in a more permanent player to increase their depleted squad size would be more admirable and beneficial??

Might be Falmouth getting kicked out of senior cup last season for using an ineligible player

Falmouth were thrown out, but not because of any ringer situation. The guy just hadn't played a league game first! Hardly the same situation as the topic title suggests!

I only stated what I thought motherwontletmegotoargyle was on about I put my suggestion in as he hasn't replied if you look at this topic now there is a few comments not involving ringers.be good to hear what it was though but dont think its really important now can't think of anything else.

From my understanding Martin and yets were available for the next few games,which is good news for parkway as they are short of personal through injuries and suspensions.they have asked certain players from the second team to play full time,but they have refused for different reasons.I have also been told they've been trying to sign players to add to there small squad but haven't had any luck at this time.I don't understand why players don't want to better themselves or progress by stepping up and playing a higher standard?

oh i do love knockers knocking rostas and selections , totally legitimate ones and yet wouldnt know a real ringer if they played against one

not that i am suggesting any of the knockers have played prior to becoming to pundits

as for hobbsy, hes a footballer, paid to play, watched by many paying fans

who apreciate his ability and offer reportage on football

id suggest any other non football issues should be discussed with him

over a pint

he loves his football and thinks the same as i bout knockers

From my understanding Martin and yets were available for the next few games,which is good news for parkway as they are short of personal through injuries and suspensions.they have asked certain players from the second team to play full time,but they have refused for different reasons.I have also been told they've been trying to sign players to add to there small squad but haven't had any luck at this time.I don't understand why players don't want to better themselves or progress by stepping up and playing a higher standard?

So why do Parkway run a "reserve" side if the reserves don't want to play for the first team?

a club runs reserves for development, for overfill, keeping squad players playing and as such you need 2 whole squads.

out of 30 plus players , the top selection will be the best from that pool on fitness and technical and tactical ability

not all players will play first team but are valuable members of a club structure as apposed to a single team and often

benefit from superior training kit funding and facility

having coached in and out of clubs and teams, most players are educated and aware of this strategy

which includes demotion in instances where first team players play reserves, if returning from injury or needing play time

first team players also experience demotion often to reserves if guest players come in to firsts

as has happened recently with truro players or other league players in transition

they are not ringers and are about club development and prospecting

clubs need to find a way to attract sponsors and paying spectators often barnum style

they dont run on fresh air they need money to exist

if any player dosent like club policy, they can always find a team and pay subs, struggle for transport and wash a worn out kit in rotation

clubs are exactly that with training clubhouses etc

its all about choice and business in a competitive less than ideal world

if a club brings a player in and demotes one of better overall contribution , more mug them

if they use it as a springboard onto better horizons great

if a reserve team play gets dropped , tuff, work harder

its football not basketweaving

I know from talking to players at Parkway that Harris from Parkway 2nds is held in high regard but wasn't asked to be part of the squad on Friday night due to Yetton and Martin despite being used in a few games this season. I wonder why they choose to leave good players out when they have a chance to play players who are only there for ridiculous money for one game! It doesn't make sense to me!!!! I know from other teams that bringing in ringers is a no go and it just seems wrong to me!

i know wayne and gez at parkway and am always suprrised when certain apparent core players leave.

doely, cracky, hobbsy, etc especially to bodmin, longstanding fierce rivals

I played for a city team and options were always to flit if games were scarce

worksop, gainsboro, etc , 20 or 30 miles out of town

so when those players leave managers have to look to strengthen sides be it with

regular signed players or by guest players perhaps with hope they may stay or contribute pro rata

if the knock on effect is a player leaves, because of one game benching or more, that is totally down to

the management and manager and unless you know the full picture you can seldom judge

i have great regard for wayne for managers parkway efficient to play good entertaining and crowd drawing football

likewise gez who has been instrumental in the club for years including the clubhouse built

so do i agree, yes no and maybe

everyone is an expert and its easier to be one when you are lookin in not doin the job

mourhino, are you a manager? in the p n d? if so what team?

if everyone learns everybodys strategy then everyone improves and football improves

so i think rather than looking at it as a given wrong look for all the reasons why a manager could see it as right

i think every player should be taught and made to sit on the bench at some point and not sulk but view their position to learn more football

i know parkway reserves and dont quite get why they play in the corwall division and not plymouth

how some see them as not a true reserve development side and quite seperate

im for inclusion of the reserves breeding aspiring players but it takes training together and the right facilities

astro big enough through the winter

so few clubs have all the chattels and go the best route they can

if i was at a club in a reserve side id try harder and work more

fitness and effort make better players not bitchin and moaning

i seldom see it nowadays but its glorious when you do

we have an abundance of quality players , many of whom are quality but in their own way pissed they aint playin higher themselves

this exists right to the top

so its about players finding a level of football, accepting thats their ceiling and sticking at it

or if youth allows aspiring and working hard

yes it has happened forever and continue to do so

but as truro has exemplified the club comes before the football, without it there is no football!

P&DMourinho is infact Leezo Hobbs (Mount Gould and Railway numero uno), Glyns elder brother.

I tend to feel a little sorry for Hillsy..... With Truro's apparent demise imminent, surely if players of the quality of Martin and Yetton show the slightest interest he plays them??? I would of thought any hopes of landing 2 major signings like that on a full time basis means bringing them in to the fold and praying they enjoy it enough to commit long term.

No disrespect to Andy Harris but Id have a pretty big bet if Hillsy told Yetts he was on the bench because Andy from the 2nds deserves a shot it would harm his chances of Yetton's permanant signature no end!! (Its the equivelent of Argyle's Manager telling Danny Welbeck he'll have to wait for a shot because one of the Youth team lads has been doing well)

Surely its Hillson's duty as a manager to do all he can to try to sign 2 players that could turn Parkway from favourites for 2nd to Championship contenders????

pragmatist

thanks for that, not had the pleasure of meeting leezo but know glynn from parkway and steampacket

and have the highest regard for his persona ability and encouragement of youth such as his nephew who at twelve

is obviously benefitting from glynns love and care of football

glyn has his constant knockers who by the way wouldnt have the nuts to say it to him personally

id sign and bankroll glyn in a breath if i had the power and means, he gas an aptitude for football like no other at his level and

many above , far above

glyn is frequently the last man on his own who gives 150 percent effort alongside natural skill to seek opportunity

20 miles south of bodmin is where id like to see him, alongside and infront of brooksy

mount gould i know james corden who gives 100 percent to a club and team on every level

a true clubman who appreciates economics yet could be paid for his ability

having come into contact with jake ben and watty from truro

all playing in swpl, their presence is nothing but positive even in defeat against parkway

they offer a higher professional insight and ethic to lower league amateurs

and hopefully their contribution then assist first team and reserves if and when they depart

I like your comparisons, is pragmatist nom de plume intentional?

was it not nike who did the parklife ad when cantona is playing on hackney marshes on a sunday?

football is amatuer , for love but clubs are business and need each other its a balancing act

if cantona turned up in the dressing room at a swpl game whod volunteer to sit on the bench? whod want to play with him?

managers have the task of pleasing everyone and trying to win

respect to anyone who puts their head on the block, heavy lies the crownn

so yes Hillson's job is his and the ones who neither play manage administer or own clubs have an opinion which is often

without all facts

praise or grumble, thats what football brings and the beautiful game is built on a foundation

of many differing bricks

we all contribute from paying to watch through to ball bots and laundry

but when decisions are made the shit or success falls only on those who are brave enough to make radical ones

I personally know Gavin Hobbs and he is a really down to earth guy. Even when he was at Plymouth Parkway on massive money, all the other lads were turning up for games in their Sports cars, Rangerovers ect.... and more often then not I saw him catch the 62 bus just to mingle with the fans!!!

Realitycheck you remind me of myself, your love for the beautiful game just spills out..... Im constantly telling my friend, "Some people spend money in a pub some on cloths others on women.... I spend my Money on footballs!!!" Were 2 peas in a pod my friend, looking forward to chewing the fat over a pint when my team travel to Mount wise!!! :drink:

Ken (Saltash season ticket holder)

jeffers, you cad you, totally forgot youd gone to the gould strike the comment bout james , hes a donkey ! whos pragmatist then?

nuts, yes probably, so whats your take on ringers ? should they all go back to truro the great no abrahmavic has rolled in? or be shot?

dont forget to bring the boys down for a friendly and swarlay in the quay x

pragmatist

having had the priveledge of growing up and playing one of the greatest footballing cities with some top teams and players and being aquainted with mel sterland jack charlton tony james , sheffield fc, the birthplace of modern rules , i have passion for the game players mangers and supporters, i have no time for knockers and knbeds who ballache when theyve never worn boots in anger

football is about putting in to get out , either on the gate, in helping out or playing your best

ive seen both home teams right up at the top and down on their arse, money in and penniless

its the managers like jeffrrs and clarkey that put in time and resource unpaid at park football level

that keep football underpinned and stable

hence why hobbsy will happily play or train p and d div one or two if he aint got swpl action and sucks sunday mornings to

play more

if you dont play it pay it, in cash or kind

its all our boy, if we neglect it, it turns out dysfunctional