Cornwall Football Forum

Match Results 18th August

Can you post your match reseults here so I can update the combo website for everyone asap. Don't need scorers unless you want to put them down as website won't mention them just scores, tables, positions, form guide, etc.

Its a bugger driving home from the match and then hearing the combo results on the radio or sitting waiting to write them down and your pen don't work.

Thanks

By the way, good luck to all Combo teams for this season. Make it exciting for us spectators.

Illogan 2 v Newquay 2

Newquay raced in to a two goal lead (Rob Pfeiffer and Luke Wheldon).

Illogan hit back hard in the second half (as we knew they would)

Fair result in a game where neither side deserved to lose and if the game had gone on much longer, Illogan would have won.

Well done our keeper James "Shanks" Merikan who bounced back from his error for the first goal to make 2 crucial blocks, and to be honest, I felt a little sorry for the champs who had a goal (rightly) chalked off when a player played a one-two with the ref's face before scoring a peach in the first half. A few of us stopped but it was not as if we could have done much to stop the goal anyway. 5 minutes later the ref came round and had to insist on a drop ball on the half way line. It was not Illogans day.

Anyone ruling them out of the race because some of the glory boys have moved on should beware. Still plenty of talent at Illogan and some good youyth get their chance.

Newquay will be okay this year too, (I hope !)

Newquay : Merrikan, Darwent, Harvey, Atkinson, Ward (Jones), Rabone (Oakley), Jolly, Pfeiffer (Hayton), Holland, Wheldon.

PERRANWELL 6 PORTHLEVEN 2

We had the misfortune yday of coming up against the best striker i have seen in cornwall for a long time. This guy is tall, quick & powerfull & his 3rd goal was sheer class. Beating 3 players on a run from the halfway line before chipping a shot over the keeper. If any team in the county has a better striker in their team, i havent seen them. His name, JON BLUNDELL, different class ! :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

How fickle we are !

Lets not have a go at a player for him being honest and loyal and just wanting to enjoy footy with his pals. Im sure some distant club waving a wad of cash in his face is not really what motivates him.

He single handedly destroyed us last year in our game at his pitch. He is the best Ive seen in this league by a mile.

Im dreading playing against him but happy to have him in our league nonetheless !

SO AM I CARL.IT'S NOT BEING FICKLE. THATS WHY I WANT HIM TO MOVE TO ANOTHER CLUB!!!!!!!!!

ALL I SAID IS WHATS THE ATTRACTION AT PERRANWELL......

IM ALSO A STRONG BELIVER THAT IF YOUR GOOD ENOUGH YOU SHOULD......

ONLY MY OPINION THIS IS WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR

he,s a top player.sets up as many as he scores as well!turned down about 5 swl clubs last season!really nice quiet bloke.he loves playing for fish(dont we all!)lubs can offer him what they like,but he,s a doctor!!they do alrite as it is!!!just enjoys football. :D

Guest Helston Patriot

Match report taken from www.helstonafc.co.uk

Pullen hat-trick secures an emphatic Helston victory

Symon Winnan's first league game as Helston manager resulted in an emphatic win over visitors Hayle on Saturday.

The Blues took the game to Hayle from the start and the first chance came within a few minutes closely followed by an even better opportunity to open the scoring. Unfortunately both chances were missed. This summed up the way the first half unfolded and apart from the sporadic attacks from Hayle, comfortably handled by the Helston defence, the half was dominated by the Blues. Many chances were created, especially from crosses, but poor finishing kept the game scoreless at half-time.

The second half was only a few minutes old when a another excellent cross was met by Dom Pullen and he then was brought down in the area and he stepped up to give the Hayle 'keeper no chance from the penalty spot to give the Blues a deserved lead. Helston second goal came from a pin point cross from the right by Tom Russell to Pullen, and his header found the back of the net to give Helston a two goal cusion. Helston's confidence increased after this, and was reflected in both their passing and general play. Ten minutes later it was Pullen's third and second from the spot after Dave Celia was bought down during a run in the area. Hayle continued to compete and created two or three chances but poor finishing and the Helston 'keeper's safe handling kept their scoresheet blank. Helston's final goal arrived in the last minute when sub Liam Eddy received the ball on the left and cut inside towards the edge of the area before curling a shot into the top right corner of the Hayle net.

A good game and a fine start to the new League season for both club and Manager.

Line up; Henessey, Davies, Sharkey, Breasley, Randell, Pearson, Blake ©, Russell, Celia, Pullen, Collick

Well summed up by Jollyman on the Illogan game and appreciate the kind comments on our younger side this year im gutted at 29 im oldest player.

Also cant beleive my 40 yard strike for our 1st is going down as a goalkeeper error, I was going for a a 40yard megs ha ha.

Guest Helston Patriot

I forgot about that mate! Was it close? Couldn't tell as i had my eyes tight shut.

Tom Russell is one of the best footballers in the combo league, would walk into most SWPL teams :thumbsup:

From Kev's report of Jon Blundell, I think he now has a bulls eye on him...

Well summed up by Jollyman on the Illogan game and appreciate the kind comments on our younger side this year im gutted at 29 im oldest player.

Also cant beleive my 40 yard strike for our 1st is going down as a goalkeeper error, I was going for a a 40yard megs ha ha.

im sure rodney gregs is older than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drink: :drink:

I dont have a problem with coming on here & giving praise where praise is due. Would love to have Blundell in my side Chris but as Rappo said, 5 SWL league teams approached him last season, including Porthleven, & he turned them all down because his medical career is more important to him than football !

Hayden, how could i leave you out m8 ? :D

Did you play at Mullion at the weekend ?

I dont have a problem with coming on here & giving praise where praise is due. Would love to have Blundell in my side Chris but as Rappo said, 5 SWL league teams approached him last season, including Porthleven, & he turned them all down because his medical career is more important to him than football !

Hayden, how could i leave you out m8 ? :D

Did you play at Mullion at the weekend ?

no mate the reporter got mixed up and put me down for a goal,not bad for a grandad of 52 :lol: :lol: