Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results etc - Sat October 20th 2012

With Falmouth Athletic having their game called off I wondered down to Penryn to watch my old club (Storm).

Penryn emerged 8-4 winners but I was impressed withy the vast improvement from the Storm side.

The bitching and moaning that plagued the side at the start of the season was gone and some nice football was played.

Some of their new signings looked very good too, in particular Stuart Abell at centre back (until the sniper in the trees got him!)

David 'Zorro' Micthell bagged 2 goals from the right hand side of midfield and looked a threat whenever he got the ball.

Credit is due to Penryn though, they were the better side and passed it around nicely. Some good finishes and nice moves from both side made for an entertaining game!

If Storm thought doggy pitch was bad today then they're in for a shock in 3 weeks time when we welcome them to the Theatre of Dracaena! Bring your wellies boys!

Trelawney League 1 League Cup

Rosudgeon 8-3 Newlyn Non Athletico

Newlyn had a man sent off for saving one on the line about 15 minutes into the game, instinctive reaction to be fair, but were well in the game at half time.

If u turned up during the game u wouldn't have known they were down to 10, and played well going 2-1 up.

Rosudgeon finished the half stronger tho and got in front .

HT 3-2

Second half Rosudgeon scored early and put the game to bed and was pretty much one way traffic.

Newlyn played well, and I'm sure if it was 11 v 11 the game would have been much closer

Two very evenly matched sides

Prem

Carharrack 4-4 St Agnes

James Tregay 3

Jamie Mitchell 1

Aggie raced into a. 2-0 lead first from a corner and the second goal former carharrack player Mark Mitchell scoring aggie were the better side first half but James tregay just scored before half time,

Aggie came straight out and scored in second half and carharrack scored 3 goals in 20 minutes first James tregay finished calmly and then good play from carharrack made it 3-3 thanks to Jamie Tregay and then the forth was scored when he ball crossed in was just squeezed in by Mitchell off the post, keeper Bray denied aggie an equaliser with good save after defensive mix up, st Agnes pushed for a equaliser and with 10 mins to go after breaking offside trap to slot in past bray, it could have went either way with both teams missing chances!

Carharrack mom James Martin

Aggie mom had to be number 11

Decent point for carharrack, shame none of aggie lads came back after game look forward to reverse tie

Div 3 - Goonhavern Res 0 - Mawnan 3

Totally outplayed from start to finish. We didn't get going. Very dissapointed with the performance.

Total credit to Mawnan, especially given the fact that one of their players suffered a truly horrific injury resulting in him being conveyed to Treliske in an ambulance. Really put the game into perspective.

Best of luck to him and to Mawnan for the rest of the season.

We simply have to improve!

Div 5

Clipper Bar 0 Gwinear Res 12

We were made to work hard today, and Clipper bar gave nothing less than 100 %. Never once did i hear a moan from any one of their lads. Credit to their manager. Sets a big example to many. Made very welcome back at the pub from them too. Thanks guys. Superbly reffed by Chris Dengler.

BARKER BOWL?

STORM (0) 1................... 88, ?

ST.ERME (5) 9.................. Rapsey 14,19,23,31,48,63,85..... E.Jolly 39, ..... McDonnell 71(pen)

Funny old game! Storm started loads better than us in the first ten minutes with some pacy youngsters and Denis '7 fingers' Fallowfield had to make his customary three good saves to keep us level then we went mad and scored with almost every attack for the rest of the first half!!! Great header from Els Jolly and a well deserved first goal of the season for captain Ian McDonnell from the penalty spot. Special mention to Tony Penrose who was just knocking in quality crosses all day, made it easy for the big fat grey haired lad up front!!! :( Bit harsh on Storm but we did play some cracking one touch stuff for a 20 minute spell there that wud'nt have looked out of place in senior football to be honest!? Decent bunch of lads that never gave up and deserved their consolation goal at the end. Must say brilliantly reffed by Richard Bennetts, dont think he got a decision wrong all game and just let the players play :thumbsup: Only pitfall is we are away to Gwinear in the Quarter Final. :o

West Cornwall 2 halsetown 3 aet. Bit of a laid back performance for west Cornwall. Good luck to halsetown in next round.

Is that it? We normally get a report of Daily Telegraph proportions

Haha, that's usually me le boss! Think gilly summed up our performance, although I will add we lost to a last minute penalty in extra time. Disappointing, but we were very lacklustre today. All the best to Halestown in the next round.

Barker Bowl

Marazion 9-0 Trelander

We started the game with a bang scoring within the first 2 minutes. Neat football in the middle of the park, then Dale Vigus dissected the Trelander back four and Matty Thomas rounded the keeper and slotted it into the back of the net. It soon became 2-0 when Matty became the provider with a cross to the back post and Mark Hampton walked the ball in with the use of what looked like the Crown Jewels!!!! We continued to create chances but failed to scored again until about ten minutes before half time. A corner was met by myself which the keeper couldn't keep out. Just before half time Dale got on the end of a quality cross to side foot past the Trelander keeper. Although 4-0 was ok we could of scored double that if we had taken our chances.

Second half seemed a bit flat and although we continued to create chances, a combination of poor finishing and outstanding keeping kept the score at 4-0. After about an hour Craig Rennard beat the off side trap and his shot bobbled over the diving keeper. Then a moment of contraversy. A corner for Marazion, both Liam Mooney and Matty jumped for it with a Trelander defender. The ball ended up in the back of the net with both Matty and Liam claiming it. Being the closest player to it, I could see that Matty headed the ball but onto Liam which then ended up in the back of the net. His disgust was clear when I told him but such is life!!!! Jason O'Sullivan then banged in in a cracker into the roof of the net at the far post to make it 7-0. Matty then scored his second by cutting in from the right and wrong footing both the keeper and a defender. Jason then completed the scoring with a carbon copy of his first. All in all a good solid performance, clean sheet (first of the season) seven different scorers and a couple of good debuts from Alex Monaghan and Adam Caul. Fair play to Trelander they battled til the final whistle but only had shots from distance. They do have a quality keeper who I believe was making his debut, who kept the scoring down. Good to get through to the next round to play Mabe at home. Well reffed by Mr Frank Burnell although I can't recall one bad foul throughout the game.

Eric Sleeman

Jamie Mooney

James Burlingham (Adam Caul)

Adam Martin 1

Mark Hampton (Sanjay) 1

Jason O'Sullivan 2

Dale Vigus 1

Steve Hunt (Alex Monaghan)

Craig Rennard 1

Matty Thomas 2

Liam Mooney 1

Frogpool 1-2 Madron 2nds

What a great game today at Frogpool. Madron by far the better side in the first half,creating a number of chances but the second half was totally different.

Madron took the lead with a well taken penalty only to let Frogpool back into it with some sloppy defending.Then the fun began.Frogpool got their tails up and attacked us with gusto,throwing everything at us for the last 20 mins.At one point we gave away 7/8 corners on the bounce but we broke late on to steal the points.A draw may have been fairer but we were certainly happy to leave with all 3.Fantastic bunch over at Frogpool,best of luck for the season boys.

Frogpool 1-2 Madron 2nds

What a great game today at Frogpool. Madron by far the better side in the first half,creating a number of chances but the second half was totally different.

Madron took the lead with a well taken penalty only to let Frogpool back into it with some sloppy defending.Then the fun began.Frogpool got their tails up and attacked us with gusto,throwing everything at us for the last 20 mins.At one point we gave away 7/8 corners on the bounce but we broke late on to steal the points.A draw may have been fairer but we were certainly happy to leave with all 3.Fantastic bunch over at Frogpool,best of luck for the season boys.

It was a well spirited match, and some top defending by Madron for the 2nd half, like you said it was a barrage, see you for the return back at yours :)

Ha ha thanx for that Rhond!! Very kind mate, the boy was 14 last week, I can't see me lasting two more years and I don't think he's too bothered about having a game up front with me!!! Oldest boy is 16 in Feb and has lost all interest in football so that idea is out the window. Hope alls well with you down west bud!! Hi Bushy, see you had a hat-trick today mate, bet them doggy field nets have had a few of your specials nestling in them the last few seasons!!! Most I scored in one adult game was 13 v Culdrose Old Boys bud! Won 18-0! Old Sunday league, used to love that, had an 11 and a couple of 9s in that as well!! Remember beating FC truro 11-3, I had 9 and a young Martin Gritton had a hat-trick for them!! Best in senior footie was a couple of 7s in the combo and four 5s in the south western. Appledore, holsworthy twice and Clyst Rovers. Best ever though was for Richard Lander u15 against Cathedral School, won 26-0, scored 22!!! They beat us at cricket though!! Sorry mate, im boring myself now and the mrs is glaring at me cos she's paused x factor!!! Have a good season bushy! Yeh catch you soon Steve, miss that Hayle vets team mate!! Good days x

Rappo loved reading those stats above!! Some awesome figures there, another outstanding lesson in finishing today! I don't think I've ever played in a side that when our striker is in on goal I'm that confident that its going to be tucked away that I'm almost preparing for the opponents to take ko again, it make our jobs easier when creating chance for you though!! Hopefully many more to come this season, see you next week for a tricky away game!

Madron 3 Titans 9

Always a tricky affair at madron and although the result shows a bit one sided they battled as all madron sides do. We were one down after 6 minutes and they don't need encouragement to puff there chests out down there . We managed to be level quickly and deservedly so within a few minutes and at half time were 3-1 up. Second half we controlled the play and had some neat football, with the goals flowing in nicely. Well reffed and always welcome to have a strong ref down there. Final note St buryan away in next round of jc 130 ko with loads working till 1230 what a joke ?

Culdrose Ressies 4- Illogan 3rds 2

(div 2 league cup)(Lockhart?)

Another win for Culdrose and another game of two halves!. A lot of decent football played in the first half on the floor, plenty of chances made but only 2 scored, extremely frustrating! ( from the CH anyway, shouldn't have to be there but that's for next week boss....)

Much the same in the second half, Culdrose scored another pair, after bazza dropped the handbrake and slipped past the right back with ease for Simmo to head at whatever angle it bounced off his head! Deano ' negative slottsville' was doing his best to grab a goal but still remains goalless for a few weeks anyway!

Near the end Culdrose got sloppy, had no shape at all and in the end after a couple of substitutions that they gave away 2 really simple goals! It surely can't keep happening, so many chances, only scoring 4 and not keeping clean sheets! Motm, recently discovered Dazza!

Ha ha thanx for that Rhond!! Very kind mate, the boy was 14 last week, I can't see me lasting two more years and I don't think he's too bothered about having a game up front with me!!! Oldest boy is 16 in Feb and has lost all interest in football so that idea is out the window. Hope alls well with you down west bud!! Hi Bushy, see you had a hat-trick today mate, bet them doggy field nets have had a few of your specials nestling in them the last few seasons!!! Most I scored in one adult game was 13 v Culdrose Old Boys bud! Won 18-0! Old Sunday league, used to love that, had an 11 and a couple of 9s in that as well!! Remember beating FC truro 11-3, I had 9 and a young Martin Gritton had a hat-trick for them!! Best in senior footie was a couple of 7s in the combo and four 5s in the south western. Appledore, holsworthy twice and Clyst Rovers. Best ever though was for Richard Lander u15 against Cathedral School, won 26-0, scored 22!!! They beat us at cricket though!! Sorry mate, im boring myself now and the mrs is glaring at me cos she's paused x factor!!! Have a good season bushy! Yeh catch you soon Steve, miss that Hayle vets team mate!! Good days x

You sad bar steward rappo, recording all that shite, get a life. Ho! ho! ho! You never scored against me, my tackles would have made the hairs on your legs stand up - if you had any - still waxing em ??

pendeen 3-1 wendron 3rds

don't normally have a winge but still feeliing disapointed , not been down to pendeen for many years and seeing as their 1st are in combo was looking forward to playing on a nice pitch,but was totally wrong the grass wasn't cut the lines had at sometime been burnt out and were 6 inches lower than the playing surface which made passing along the ground very difficult.suited pendeens style of play and their roughhouse challenging,overall well reffed but as pendeen were happy to conceed freekick after freekick i wondered why this constant fouling was not being punished.we have a young squad and you could see them expecting to be fouled whenever they got the ball, with them not disapointed they picked themselves up took the freekick and played on till the next foul.thankfully no serious injuries our 16 year old striker has a lovley set of studmarks from the back of his calf to the top of his boot and a center mid with an ankle injury.good use of home advantage ,exellent food in pub after,good blokes and all the best to pendeen for rest of season.

Barker Bowl

Marazion 9-0 Trelander

We started the game with a bang scoring within the first 2 minutes. Neat football in the middle of the park, then Dale Vigus dissected the Trelander back four and Matty Thomas rounded the keeper and slotted it into the back of the net. It soon became 2-0 when Matty became the provider with a cross to the back post and Mark Hampton walked the ball in with the use of what looked like the Crown Jewels!!!! We continued to create chances but failed to scored again until about ten minutes before half time. A corner was met by myself which the keeper couldn't keep out. Just before half time Dale got on the end of a quality cross to side foot past the Trelander keeper. Although 4-0 was ok we could of scored double that if we had taken our chances.

Second half seemed a bit flat and although we continued to create chances, a combination of poor finishing and outstanding keeping kept the score at 4-0. After about an hour Craig Rennard beat the off side trap and his shot bobbled over the diving keeper. Then a moment of contraversy. A corner for Marazion, both Liam Mooney and Matty jumped for it with a Trelander defender. The ball ended up in the back of the net with both Matty and Liam claiming it. Being the closest player to it, I could see that Matty headed the ball but onto Liam which then ended up in the back of the net. His disgust was clear when I told him but such is life!!!! Jason O'Sullivan then banged in in a cracker into the roof of the net at the far post to make it 7-0. Matty then scored his second by cutting in from the right and wrong footing both the keeper and a defender. Jason then completed the scoring with a carbon copy of his first. All in all a good solid performance, clean sheet (first of the season) seven different scorers and a couple of good debuts from Alex Monaghan and Adam Caul. Fair play to Trelander they battled til the final whistle but only had shots from distance. They do have a quality keeper who I believe was making his debut, who kept the scoring down. Good to get through to the next round to play Mabe at home. Well reffed by Mr Frank Burnell although I can't recall one bad foul throughout the game.

Eric Sleeman

Jamie Mooney

James Burlingham (Adam Caul)

Adam Martin 1

Mark Hampton (Sanjay) 1

Jason O'Sullivan 2

Dale Vigus 1

Steve Hunt (Alex Monaghan)

Craig Rennard 1

Matty Thomas 2

Liam Mooney 1

just like 2 say thanks 4 the lesson in football again and good luck 4 the rest off the season and thanks 4 the food and :drink:

Trelawny Div. 1 League Cup

CSoM 5 .v. Pool Utd 1

We struggled to get going in this match for 20-25 minutes and were 2-0 down within this time. A ball drilled across our box found their left winger who smashed the ball home and when play broke down in the middle of the park a quick ball forward was finished well. CSoM deserved their lead as they had some neat first touch passes and a lot of possession in our third. We came into the game strong as half time approached forcing a few corners and causing the home team problems from this with Barry Penfold, who had a good game in the middle for us, seeing a header just miss the top corner. We scored our goal when Glen 'Fudge' Richards gambled on a through ball and as the home 'keeper dithered on the edge of his box Fudge nicked the ball off him and slotted into an open net. The second half was evenly contested until 70 odd minutes, both sides creating half chances. CSoM scored their 3rd when their lad hurdled about 4 challenges and squared the ball for a tap in. It then got a little silly as CSoM scored a further two goals with time running out to make the result a little flattering. A good contest overall and best of luck to CSoM for the next round.

pendeen 3-1 wendron 3rds

don't normally have a winge but still feeliing disapointed , not been down to pendeen for many years and seeing as their 1st are in combo was looking forward to playing on a nice pitch,but was totally wrong the grass wasn't cut the lines had at sometime been burnt out and were 6 inches lower than the playing surface which made passing along the ground very difficult.suited pendeens style of play and their roughhouse challenging,overall well reffed but as pendeen were happy to conceed freekick after freekick i wondered why this constant fouling was not being punished.we have a young squad and you could see them expecting to be fouled whenever they got the ball, with them not disapointed they picked themselves up took the freekick and played on till the next foul.thankfully no serious injuries our 16 year old striker has a lovley set of studmarks from the back of his calf to the top of his boot and a center mid with an ankle injury.good use of home advantage ,exellent food in pub after,good blokes and all the best to pendeen for rest of season.

Welcome to Pendeen!

Thanx Deano, dont think I'll have many more days like yesterday so might treat the mrs to a Carvary and glass of coke for dinner mate! Cheers Els, you lot make it easy for me and your header was better than all three of mine!!! Picture header bud, down into far corner! Never waxed me legs, just not an hairy person!!? Sorry.

West Cornwall 2 halsetown 3 aet. Bit of a laid back performance for west Cornwall. Good luck to halsetown in next round.

Haha, that's usually me le boss! Think gilly summed up our performance, although I will add we lost to a last minute penalty in extra time. Disappointing, but we were very lacklustre today. All the best to Halestown in the next round.

Must be doing the rounds cos we have been like that for the last few games - sure things will change and you will be there or there abouts come May

Must be doing the rounds cos we have been like that for the last few games - sure things will change and you will be there or there abouts come May

Hopefully fella! Think the general feeling is you guys are the side to beat this year still, regardless of results or form, hopefully we both turn it around and are 1 and 2 come May! Bit of a disruption over the past week or so with players leaving, others unavailable, but the lads that are still together will keep putting the effort in.

illogan reserves 4 1 winners against perranwell reserves. illogan looking sharp. good to watch.

Dunn Cup

Perranwell 1-4 Illogan

Decent performance from us, didnt crack when it went 1-1. The superb start continues.

Goalscorers - Ian Cullingham 2

Simon Carter (bobby Charlton)

Steve Abbott-Smith... Get in.

Were in the hat, Tony Pulis.

pendeen 3-1 wendron 3rds

pendeen 3-1 wendron 3rds

Cant actually believe what im reading here our pitch is one of the best around and coming from you guys who play on a cow field seriously!!

And as for our roughness lol your kids need to realise they are in mens football now and not youth football,we were physical and you are going to come up against a lot of that at this standard.A truly great display by pendeen today things are looking good,good luck for rest of season wendron.

Sennen 4-1 st day

Nicholls hat trick helps send sennen top of the league

Best performance sennen have put in all season. We fought hard from the first whistle and it paid off when we found ourselves 1-0 up through jamie nicholls who followed up a shot from dave rowe which the keeper parried and jamie nicholls tapped in from close range

Ht 1-0

St day kept pressing looking for the equaliser and they got it as their striker burst past jamie simons and put it in bottom corner but sennen kept it together and didnt get phased by the equaliser and got straight back into the game when jamie chased down the ball and st day keeper took him down and the ref instantly pointed to the spot. Where jamie nicholls converted very well. And within 10 mins sennen scored again where mike vigus kicked the ball from a goal kick and jamie nicholls was fouled on the edge of the box and jamie simons lashed it straight into top corner and then to cap off an amazing performance by everyone at sennen jamie nicholls hit his hat trick in style where he found himself 25 yards out the ball bounced infront of him and he smashed the ball and it rattled top corner the keeper could do nothing but watch as the ball hit the net as jamie hit his 14th goal of the season. Credit to st day who battled all game. See you next week lads in the cup.

Sennen 4-1 st day

Nicholls hat trick helps send sennen top of the league

Best performance sennen have put in all season. We fought hard from the first whistle and it paid off when we found ourselves 1-0 up through jamie nicholls who followed up a shot from dave rowe which the keeper parried and jamie nicholls tapped in from close range

Ht 1-0

St day kept pressing looking for the equaliser and they got it as their striker burst past jamie simons and put it in bottom corner but sennen kept it together and didnt get phased by the equaliser and got straight back into the game when jamie chased down the ball and st day keeper took him down and the ref instantly pointed to the spot. Where jamie nicholls converted very well. And within 10 mins sennen scored again where mike vigus kicked the ball from a goal kick and jamie nicholls was fouled on the edge of the box and jamie simons lashed it straight into top corner and then to cap off an amazing performance by everyone at sennen jamie nicholls hit his hat trick in style where he found himself 25 yards out the ball bounced infront of him and he smashed the ball and it rattled top corner the keeper could do nothing but watch as the ball hit the net as jamie hit his 14th goal of the season. Credit to st day who battled all game. See you next week lads in the cup.

HAYLE 4THS 2 PRAZE RES 0

good game played in the right spirits.

ross eustace pen

bob curtis

different result from 3 weeks ago when praze won 5.2

great team effort from the youngsters of hayle who are

slowly adjusting to the physical side of mens football.

well reffed by paul nimms. good luck to praze for rest

of season. good bunch of lads and good footy side.