Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge v Bodmin Game off

Surprised at that - it's a lovely dry sunny day in Plymouth. And yesterday was the same.

Parkway's pitch last night was perfectly playable and they must have had a similar amount of rain over the previous days.

I find it difficult to believe that Ivybridge's pitch is waterlogged to the extent that it is dangerous which I believe is the criteria referees work to.

Has there actually been an inspection by a referee or did the club decide themselves?

Last night's Herald suggests a number of players are unavailable - but isn't that why you have a squad?

Surprised at that - it's a lovely dry sunny day in Plymouth. And yesterday was the same.

Parkway's pitch last night was perfectly playable and they must have had a similar amount of rain over the previous days.

I find it difficult to believe that Ivybridge's pitch is waterlogged to the extent that it is dangerous which I believe is the criteria referees work to.

Has there actually been an inspection by a referee or did the club decide themselves?

Last night's Herald suggests a number of players are unavailable - but isn't that why you have a squad?

If you go to SWPL website it clearly states that the match ref or an alternative ref (that's if the match ref has to far to travel) deems the pitch playable or not, so your question has been answered as to if the pitch has been inspected.

Last nights herald also stated that a number of players were free from work commitments that were available!!

Where was your comments on the game that was called off due to "floodlight failure"?

You could go and inspect the pitch yourself, then you'll know for sure, otherwise, you'll have to except that the inspecting ref has made the correct call!!

The Villains, you were quick enough to give stick to St Blazey asking questions as to their postponement so now the boot is on the other foot you feel aggrieved?, If you give it out you must be prepared to take it back, but doesn't it work that way in Devon if that's where you come from.

Why would I feel aggrieved...... Only half of the statement was mentioned and the game was called off as per the ruling on the SWPL web site. 2 different reasons as to why it those games were called of!

Devon lovely part of the country... must visit more often!!