Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Vs Porthleven

game is def on, no doubt some different players will be fielded again this week, watched truro play helston and a week or 2 later a different team played porthleven!

I'm really sorry but that's quite simply not true. And therefore also really quite unfair to the Reserves boys who've been working really hard in spite of a lot of mess.

The only player in the Porthleven game who's not a regular was Lee, and the team has barely had any normative comings and goings since the start of the season.

The reason the team was different was due to both centre backs and a few others being unavailable against porthleven away... However It has been the same squad of players all season.... So that is a very misleading statement!

Thanks to porthleven today, very unlucky! They played very well! First half especially!

I wasn't there yesterday but heard the young port bois played really really well and deserved something from the game well done fellas!!! Lets not forget this side is mostly 16-19 year olds...

I think after seeing Truro last week alot of people look at them in the wrong light due to there league position after the points deduction!!

They are in fact a very tidy outfit big strong physical side with some good lads there!!! If they have any first teamers in then so what they are Truro players some weeks they have reserves dragged upto 1st team!!! Good luck to them

We at port are doing really well with a great bunch of youngsters whom are willing to listen and learn and I can only predict good things in coming times.

Under the leadership of big bad grey bear Dennis Annear things are buzzin he's quality and will make an awesome gaffer!!!!!!!!

I'm such a suck ass I know!!!!

Xxxxxxxxx

Have to agree with you sy wynnan. I was at the game yesterday & thought porthleven played very well especially in the first half, just need to get a bit more steetwise which will come with experience. Interesting to note your comment about the average age. I can remember stevie allen putting in a good shift for truro city back in the naughty nineties along with the grey bear. Good luck for the rest of the season & lets hope we see the emergence of a new charlie legg or another gritts.

They did indeed play very well and may of deserved something from the game.... But it boiled down to who created more and took their chances. They will Definately continue to be a tough side to beat!

Unfortunately first team players arent available to play for the reserves as they have all signed on elsewhere, as it has been well publicised on here. However lee hodges has played twice and so did Marcus Martin before he signed on for parkway.

Hats off to the young Port side very well managed by Dennis, Frags and Sy, will do well as the season progresses.

Many thanks to the TCFC supporters who came along, it really is appreciated by the coaching staff and players alike, winning feels great but being applauded off knowing we've made others happy makes the win even sweeter.

Hope to see you all on Monday eve 7.30pm at the club to see what's instore next !

That is some attendance

10 or 16 would be nearer the mark, the photos I have seen of the game show hardly a soul in the ground, probably more on the pitch than off it. Why is it that so many claim to be City fans yet when the club are on it's knees and the fans are needed to support the club as a whole, they are nowhere to be seen at Treyew Rd.

Either the fans support the CLUB or admit that they only care for the glory.

Speaking as a neutral at Truro yesterday ,

I thought that the Port sweeper `Batchy` was the standout player on the pitch .

Always had time on the ball and spread some superb 50-60 yard passes to feet time after time .

Sure he could play at a higher standard comfortably .

One for the BIG BOYS to look at ??

Always had time on the ball and spread some superb 50-60 yard passes to feet time after time .

Interesting choice there cause he conceded 4 goals and was out paced and out muscled multiple times. Perhaps more suited to midfield if he stops passing to the opposite defences feet ;-)

I have to say fair play to porthleven, they were certainly fired up and flew out the blocks closing down and chasing everything time and time again and as much as they were good in the first half we were equally as bad!! But we defended it through to half time and kept ourselves in with a chance.

Big kick up the ass from the gaffer at half time and then an even bigger kick up the ass by conceding a soft goal after the break due to a mix up at a corner seemed to finally wake us up and get us playing! Equalised and got in front, before conceding an equaliser on the break from our own free kick, big question mark on whether it was offside or not but it was given and meant we had to start over again.

One final surge saw two more City goals with a cracking volley from the super sub with virtually the last kick of the game.

Porthleven are a good young side and will do well, especially with Dennis, Fraggle and Winno guiding them from start to finish. If you want a side to back to cause some of the shocks this season you have them right here!!

Great to have some support from the Truro fans, come the end I wouldn't have been surprised if that 91 had gone a bit higher, but great feeling having the goals cheered and to be clapped from the pitch with the job done. If it wasn't for administration Truro would be 3rd now and the only games lost have come under difficult circumstances causing bare 11 (and that's generous) squads.

One last mention has to go to Luke Wilkes the referee yesterday, he had an excellent game overall, and kept a competitive game in the right spirit all afternoon...well done!!

As I stated I wasn't at the game but I was imformed Jed was the best player on the pitch for port Saturday!!!!!