Cornwall Football Forum

Helston v AFC St Austell Saturday 20/10/12

Helston deserved winners against a St Austell that never looked likely to pull the game back after conceding two goals in the first nine minutes.

Goldsworthy got the blues first from a penalty after being fouled.

Liam Eddy soon made it two, after getting on the end of a Dan Stidwell pass, lobbing the ball over the advancing keeper.

Into the second half and st austell pulled one back through Dan Nancarrow. There was still time for them to get something out of the contest, that was until James Miller wrapped the tie up with a cracker of a shot which found the far corner of the net after bending in the air over the helpless st austell goally Peters.

Davegrose post must of been spot on then..........

I think Eddy and Goldsworthy are proving a handful for most this season. Pace!

Whilst I disagree with you Dave ! Eddy has the pace and Goldsworthy is more of in the correct position/finisher sort of player, you also forgot the pace of Dan Stidwell who was playing just behind the two front men and was creating chances for the lads up front,plus the two attacking full backs who spent most of the game playing in the St Austell half making there wide men defend,also the three midfielders who worked tireless like they do most weekends,the centre backs one of which has only played there a couple of times this season looked comfortable and as for Jason Robertson in goal he has to be the best in the west division and up with the best in the premier, the lads coming of the bench also made huge contributions(Millers goal what a cracker) towards a team that has picked themselves up from two poor games against Hayle and Godolphin.So Dave I'm sure the manager of the team would say the whole team would be a handfull to most teams this season as Penzance will find out in the next round I hope,well done lads...

Davegrose post must of been spot on then..........

I think Eddy and Goldsworthy are proving a handful for most this season. Pace!

Whilst I disagree with you Dave ! Eddy has the pace and Goldsworthy is more of in the correct position/finisher sort of player, you also forgot the pace of Dan Stidwell who was playing just behind the two front men and was creating chances for the lads up front,plus the two attacking full backs who spent most of the game playing in the St Austell half making there wide men defend,also the three midfielders who worked tireless like they do most weekends,the centre backs one of which has only played there a couple of times this season looked comfortable and as for Jason Robertson in goal he has to be the best in the west division and up with the best in the premier, the lads coming of the bench also made huge contributions(Millers goal what a cracker) towards a team that has picked themselves up from two poor games against Hayle and Godolphin.So Dave I'm sure the manager of the team would say the whole team would be a handfull to most teams this season as Penzance will find out in the next round I hope,well done lads...

with a team like that how much cash is being spent or r they just there 4 the love of it?

Fair play to Sid Taylor and Co at Helston. The team are mostly all local boys that want to play for Helston and progress, bar a few traveling expenses the team are playing for the Manager andthe love of the club, a little bit like Godolphin.

Best of luck to all at Helston.

Regards

MM