Cornwall Football Forum

there seems to be snags but I see a couple benefits tho too....if you got a big squad and have a few subs etc at least they can all get a bit of football and dont lose interest, you can use weaker players earlier that usually get left til really late in a tight game confident that you can swap the pack at any time, and also (most importantly) if a player picks up a knock he can come off rather than previously if all subs used, limp on not to let team down and ruin his work come Monday morning.

Subbing one player that was roll on / off took a good 2-3 mins each time

how on earth did it take that long? thats obviously a referee problem by not fully understanding it. Surely he would just need to check names at beginning of game, so they're available for the team sheet to be signed, then you crack on with it, no need to take names when players come on, player goes off, player goes straight on, should be quicker than before

Subbing one player that was roll on / off took a good 2-3 mins each time

how on earth did it take that long? thats obviously a referee problem by not fully understanding it. Surely he would just need to check names at beginning of game, so they're available for the team sheet to be signed, then you crack on with it, no need to take names when players come on, player goes off, player goes straight on, should be quicker than before

2-3 mins each time? That is ridiculous.

In our Junior Cup game on Saturday, an experienced referee did not know about rolling subs - he thought it was coming in next year! I am glad to say he was a bit better at reffing than with keeping up to date!

Also, the referee does not have to sign the teamsheet any more as it can be emailed in to the County FA.

Seems pretty pointless to me if you got 5 subs rolling or not! 3 of the 5 might be good enough to bring on so your still left with 2 that arent, just because its rolling subs doesnt me they'll get usedso i cant see how participation is gona be increased at all! Think the arguement falls flat on its face right there!

It will mainly increase participation in the lower standard of Junior football, those players that turn up week in week out that aren't good enough, they'll now be able to get 15 minutes or so each week without pressure. Its up to the managers whether they use them or not.

How many times have teams played with 3 subs, but 1 or 2 of the subs haven't got on because manager has been afraid to change things. With rolling subs, they can change things, try it, and then revert back if needed. Players that have been taken off will get used to having to keep warm if they're going to come on again.

The reason why I can't see any negatives is because it just gives managers another option.

Sorry to change the direction of the thread, but is there any reason why the Junior cup results/scorers etc are not updated on the FA website like other Cup competitions? A little frustrating for the goalscorers last weekend as it appears that they wont count towards season totals!

Results from the 1st Round are on the County website.

Why should goals scored in County Cup matches score towards a Golden Boot Award. with the County Cups you could have a Trelawny Premier division side play a Division 5 side and score a hatful of goals, then in the next round have a repeat. Goals all round.

But then you could have another Premier side play a couple of rounds against other highly placed teams winning by narrow margins. Few goals all round.

As County Cup matches and other Cup matches are "Luck of the Draw". To count goals scored in them goaing towards League-wide Golden Boot Awards is therefore pointless and can only really be used for "In-House" awards.

I don't recall saying that goals scored in this competition should counts towards Clubs respective "Golden boot" awards, I just don't see why it is not recorded on the FA website, along with the other Cup competitions (I appreciate these are not County competitions).

Even at the top level of the game, you get to see a players "total" goals for the season, of course he will only win the "Golden boot" for goals scored in his teams league, but from a stats point of view you always get to see players totals? (League and Cup goals).

Perhaps it might be that "At the top level of the game" people are paid to record and publish goal scorers, etc whilst at our level most people are volunteers and even at County level they are not full time. Perhaps they don't have time.

Why not start your own website, scouring the local press for details, badgering county, etc, just for County Cup games. I bet even County don't have all the information going back to the beginning.

My combo website has been online since June 2007 but before then I worked on it for two years so I could go live with some info. Since then I have spent hundreds of hours getting to a stage where there is 2000 pages of info on it and it is still not 100% complete.