Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup 1st Rd results - Sat Oct 13th 2012

Titans 18 - 0 Clipper Bar

This game was over after 21 minutes we found ourselves 8-0 up and i have to give credit to the Titans players for trying to keep going and playing football in what was a very easy game. Ben Schofield hit 4 and was deservedly mom. Needless to say Jordan jackson hit 5 of which 3 came inside the opening 11 minutes. Have to give credit to Clipper bar i never heard a single moan out of them and they actually have a few decent players, who maybe just need some organisation, ok a lot of organisation. :) Actually started with 4 regulars on the bench, have to say though we got nothing out of the game other than the next round, which is of course what we want. Well reffed by nigel nicholls, top ref top fella always has been anyway. Think after 21 minutes though like me he would of prefered to be somewhere else. :D

dont knock it 1 day it might be u on this score line lol thats football must say football going down hill quick in cornwall mate

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Sorry,but rough-house tactics will never prevail. How anyone at Penryn can condone some of the kamakaze tackling is beyond me. Anyone who knows me or has played with/against me knows i have never been a shrinking violet but some of the thugs who wore a red shirt should hang their head in shame! 2 sent off and could/should have been more. Rediculous

Well. I went to Helston today to watch the combo game, but, ended up watching this instead as they kicked off earlier.

Rough-house tactics ???? Don't think so. Saw a few heavy tackles going in, not unusual for this type of match, cup game between sides from different leagues. Soft penalty for Helston who up to that point could have been a couple down!! 9 out of 10 refs would not have given that penalty, but thats how he saw it - fair enough. Penyn came back with two very well taken goals.

Second half Helston started to dominate, which would be expected. The first sending off was a bit harsh as the Helston player sort of fell over an outstretched leg, but thats how the ref saw it. Helped of course by the over reaction of the Helston players and spectators. Particularly the Helston No 7 who went down like he was poleaxed, rolling around like some-one in the sack ho ho ho, fifteen seconds later he was up and about like a new one - time to man up for him methinks !!!

Flukey headed goal by the tall winger for Helston, sort of hit him on the head, and in it went. Second sending off was probably deserved as the boy kept getting to his tackles to late for most of the game and paid the price.

Did not hear any abuse to the ref regarding the sending offs, but I was not that close - so maybe ????

Seen this ref a few times and I think he's up there with the best, did not see him do a lot wrong, but he's got the whistle. I would have marked him 9/10

Helston deserved their win in the end, but need to stop whingeing and a few need to toughen up a bit, it is a contact sport !!

• perranporth reserves 2- redruth utd 5
  • the scoreline flatters redruth and i`m absolutely certain they would agree
  • redruth went 1 up after 5 mins only to be pinned back by some excellent play by perranporth.
  • perran equalised through ross whitworth
  • perran then started to believe in themselves and went 2-1 up again through ross whitworth
  • andy dyer worked the redruth goalie real hard and if it wasn`t for a superlative save from jason kitchen perran would have been 3-1 up
  • after 40 mins and being 2-1 up perran fell asleep and were undone by a long ball...2-2
  • HT 2-2
  • redruth knew they were in a game and came out all guns blazing in the second half.Still it took a very, very contentious refereeing decision for redruth to go 3-2...perran goalie had the ball in both hands only to be knocked down by the redruth forward...ball spilled goal redruth....arguable
  • redruth then dominated for 15 mins and added to their lead to make it 4-2 from a corner
  • perranporth continued to show their new team spirit and battered redruth for the final 10 only to be caught on the sucker punch by a well organised redruth team
  • great bunch of lads redruth and the game was played in a very hard but fair spirit.....
  • good luck in the competition redruth....would like to have lost to the eventual winners

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Sorry,but rough-house tactics will never prevail. How anyone at Penryn can condone some of the kamakaze tackling is beyond me. Anyone who knows me or has played with/against me knows i have never been a shrinking violet but some of the thugs who wore a red shirt should hang their head in shame! 2 sent off and could/should have been more. Rediculous

Well. I went to Helston today to watch the combo game, but, ended up watching this instead as they kicked off earlier.

Rough-house tactics ???? Don't think so. Saw a few heavy tackles going in, not unusual for this type of match, cup game between sides from different leagues. Soft penalty for Helston who up to that point could have been a couple down!! 9 out of 10 refs would not have given that penalty, but thats how he saw it - fair enough. Penyn came back with two very well taken goals.

Second half Helston started to dominate, which would be expected. The first sending off was a bit harsh as the Helston player sort of fell over an outstretched leg, but thats how the ref saw it. Helped of course by the over reaction of the Helston players and spectators. Particularly the Helston No 7 who went down like he was poleaxed, rolling around like some-one in the sack ho ho ho, fifteen seconds later he was up and about like a new one - time to man up for him methinks !!!

Flukey headed goal by the tall winger for Helston, sort of hit him on the head, and in it went. Second sending off was probably deserved as the boy kept getting to his tackles to late for most of the game and paid the price.

Did not hear any abuse to the ref regarding the sending offs, but I was not that close - so maybe ????

Seen this ref a few times and I think he's up there with the best, did not see him do a lot wrong, but he's got the whistle. I would have marked him 9/10

Helston deserved their win in the end, but need to stop whingeing and a few need to toughen up a bit, it is a contact sport !!

went to watch helston in the combo???? helston do not have a combo team!!

Rangers 0 - 2 Hayle

Best side won but how it could and should have been so different, After 20 mins a penalty to Rangers was awarded and missed. Hayle were more than fortunate to keep 11 players on the park. A challenge on the edge was allowed to play on, and are forward gets a foot to the ball before being brought down by the last man. The ball beats the keeper and goes in but the ref has blown up for the pen. Result no card, no word, no advantage, no goal, no next round.

To be fair though after that Hayle were the best side and their keeeper hardly had to make a save. Rangers did have a goal dis-allowed for offside but then again so did Hayle.

All in all a good game played in good spirit and how lucky were we to even play this game. On friday evening I checked the pitch and it was pretty much under water but it drained more than I ever thought it would.

To end, well played Hayle and best of luck in the next round and sorry for the eskimo showers after.

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

yet

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Whoops !!!! senior moment. Although after the junior cup game watched a bit of the "combo" match, the junior match was better entertainment.

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Whoops !!!! senior moment. Although after the junior cup game watched a bit of the "combo" match, the junior match was better entertainment.

probably as the PENINSULA game was all over bar the shouting by the time you watched that!!

Gwinear 4-5 Fal Athletic

Fal scorers: Ben Kellow (2), Mike Moore (2) and Ian Grant

A well contested cup game in which both teams gave everything, with the score line swaying towards the lower ranked side. We battled hard and took our chances when they came along and worked hard in defence againat a good Gwinear side who never stopped. Hopefully a kinder draw in the next round of the J Cup but bring on whoever, got to beat the best to be the best

St merryn 6-1 Morwenstow Reserves

Nothing to say about the result which we fully deserved to lose

but to go from looking forward to a nice away trip and then turning up to play a bunch of thugs was a bit of a shame if they get away with that every week i would be very dissapointed..

What league & division do Morwenstow play

West Cornwall 3 .v. Pool Utd 1

Still scratching our heads quite where we went wrong to lose this 1st round encounter. West Cornwall had the best of the opening exchanges but we grew into the game and played well in the 1st half despite losing Barry Penfold to a knee injury. Even I got forward enough to hit a shot over the bar. Andrew 'Mushy' Symons and Glenn 'Fudge' Richards linked well a couple of times and both had opportunities. Can't remember if Johnny Jones or Shaun Isaacs put Fudge through and his shot went in off a defender for an OG and a 1 nil half time score line to us. Ben Jones and James Isaacs both played well in the centre of defence and Craig Richards had a solid performance in goal. In the second half West Cornwall came into the game more but we were snuffing them out time and again. The equaliser came as both sides were waiting for a whistle after a West Cornwall player seemed to be climbing all over Shaun Isaacs and a quick forward ball was tucked away. The game opened up somewhat after this with chances for both sides. West Cornwall took the lead when a switched ball had me tussling with their winger and although I won the ball Ryan Hooper was following up to strike home. We had a fantastic chance from a free kick to equalise - a great delivery from Johnny Jones and well won at the back post by Rob Penfold and Fudge agonisingly shot wide after creating some space for himself. From the resulting goal kick we conceded a pig of a goal when Owain Barrett pumped the ball up and Ashley Kemp went through to score. Cup fixture again next week for us versus School of Mines.

Best of luck to West Cornwall FC for the next round.

I wouldn't scratch your head too much Damo!! Your goal came from a cross which wasn't troubling anyone, but the defender made a crackin run across the keeper to flick the ball past him and leave him rooted! Apart from that, WC keeper only made 2 saves all game! Having said that, I don't think there was much between the sides, thought both teams played well, both had spells where they were on top during the game, but its about scoring goals while your on top, and that's what we did! Can't comment on the first goal, I couldn't see through everyone, but the ref was stood right next to the incident, so couldn't be better placed to see if it was a foul or not, play to the whistle as they say! 2nd goal was as you say and 3rd goal was one of those that come off once a season! Thought Pool Utd played very well, very difficult to break down. Rob Penfold, Ben Jones and Johnny Jones in particular stood out for me personally. Also, the keeper did well too! Hope Barry's knee isn't too bad and he's back playing very soon. All the best for the rest of the season and we'll see you soon I believe, top bunch of lads you got together! Thought the game was superbly reffed by Nigel Jewell, never seems to have a bad game.

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Heard the referee had to issue a number of cards to Penryn players for which he was rthe subject of abuse from the away support and is seriously considering quitting the game.

Don't go on hear say, no abuse at all. Referee were in good spirits after the game as we're penryn. Well done to helston best of luck in the next round.

Hi bushy cannot get involved in what happened as of course was not at your game but i can say that the ref in question returned to the cricket club for a drink was seemingly upset at the outcome of your game and did mention that he took some serious abuse from the sidelines from penryn personal. By that i believe he meant crowd watching. He is a good ref and im not anybody to talk about refs but he did mention calling it a day. However im sure after a few bevies he will of relaxed and realised that all is in the heat of the moment, and the only one he should of booked is bash because i bet he was wearing those bloody shorts on a winters day???? :P

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Heard the referee had to issue a number of cards to Penryn players for which he was rthe subject of abuse from the away support and is seriously considering quitting the game.

Don't go on hear say, no abuse at all. Referee were in good spirits after the game as we're penryn. Well done to helston best of luck in the next round.

Hi bushy cannot get involved in what happened as of course was not at your game but i can say that the ref in question returned to the cricket club for a drink was seemingly upset at the outcome of your game and did mention that he took some serious abuse from the sidelines from penryn personal. By that i believe he meant crowd watching. He is a good ref and im not anybody to talk about refs but he did mention calling it a day. However im sure after a few bevies he will of relaxed and realised that all is in the heat of the moment, and the only one he should of booked is bash because i bet he was wearing those bloody shorts on a winters day???? :P

Come on Marksy - even I got feelings. And yes the old bandy legs were out. See you soon mate.

Goonhavern 3 sennen 2.

Quite a poor game from sennen for the first 20 minutes sennen didnt even look in it. It took sennen to go down a goal to wake up and eventually sennen got back in the game after steve jones lashed a ball across the box only for jamie nicholls to poke in his 10th goal of the season. H.t 1-1.

Sennen started the second half brightly and was passing the ball round nicely and it paid off as the ball was fed to carn wallace on the wing who whipped the ball across the 6 yard box for jamie nicholls to claim his second of the game and his 11th goal of the season. Then sennen was wrongfully given a penalty against them as sennens keeper won the ball fair and square. But the goonhavern player shouted at the ref and the ref pointed to the spot. 2-2 then sennen had a chance to go 3-2 up but failed when carn put another cross in and jamie nicholls was at the back post but headed wide. Then jamie simons was one on one with goonhaverns goal keeper but failed to find the net. And then minutes later sennens player sam capstick beat the offside trap on the 6 yard box but failed to control and finish. Then goonhavern pushed forward broke sennens defence and punished sennens poor finishing with a killer blow. 3-2 the final score. Credit to goonhavern who gave it their all from the first whistle right to the last. Good luck in the next round lads.

Storm 4 Carharrack 3. Don't know what to say. Shocking after being 3-1 up.

waas a good game from the line. was some dirty tackles, thought ref had good game aswell, played adv when could and called back if came to nothing. all in all a good cup game.

Carharrack started well when Liam Brays right footed shot went in after a goalkeeping mistake from Adam Lockward, Then about 5 minutes after Storm equalised after another goalkeeping mistake from Adam Matthews. after that both teams exchanged possesion but Carharrack again took the lead when Gregg Wills pass to Liam Bray just inside the storm half and he skipped didnt help as they two challenges and slotted into the back of the net Carharrack took control of the game but a few shaky moments in the defence but were let off, Carharrack extended their lead when Liam Bray when he converted Jamie Mitchells cross to make it 3-1 carharrack then sat back and storm scored after Adam Mathews missed the ball and the storm player shot which was cleared off the line by Matt Sara and former carharrack player Conor Bray put the ball in the net. 3-2 half time.

Second half Carharrack started brightly and Adam Lockwood made a great save to deny Liam Bray, after that storm dominated and came close a couple times and they equalised midway through the half when another mistake by the defence allowed the storm played to slot in a empty net. Carharrack kept pushing but the storm defended well and they took the lead when a shot was saved and former player Conor Bray slotted in the net for his second of the game. then came a debatable offside after a flick from Liam Bray played in Jamie Mitchell who slotted in the net only for it to be given offside, Jamie Mitchell then missed a one on one, James tregay shot wide, and James Martin missed a one-on-one which he slotted wide. All credit to storm the defended like Chelsea in the champions league and deserved their victory no complaints from us we were poor and if can't defend and finish you don't win matches.

waas a good game from the line. was some dirty tackles, thought ref had good game aswell, played adv when could and called back if came to nothing. all in all a good cup game.

Carharrack started well when Liam Brays right footed shot went in after a goalkeeping mistake from Adam Lockward, Then about 5 minutes after Storm equalised after another goalkeeping mistake from Adam Matthews. after that both teams exchanged possesion but Carharrack again took the lead when Gregg Wills pass to Liam Bray just inside the storm half and he skipped didnt help as they two challenges and slotted into the back of the net Carharrack took control of the game but a few shaky moments in the defence but were let off, Carharrack extended their lead when Liam Bray when he converted Jamie Mitchells cross to make it 3-1 carharrack then sat back and storm scored after Adam Mathews missed the ball and the storm player shot which was cleared off the line by Matt Sara and former carharrack player Conor Bray put the ball in the net. 3-2 half time.

Second half Carharrack started brightly and Adam Lockwood made a great save to deny Liam Bray, after that storm dominated and came close a couple times and they equalised midway through the half when another mistake by the defence allowed the storm played to slot in a empty net. Carharrack kept pushing but the storm defended well and they took the lead when a shot was saved and former player Conor Bray slotted in the net for his second of the game. then came a debatable offside after a flick from Liam Bray played in Jamie Mitchell who slotted in the net only for it to be given offside, Jamie Mitchell then missed a one on one, James tregay shot wide, and James Martin missed a one-on-one which he slotted wide. All credit to storm the defended like Chelsea in the champions league and deserved their victory no complaints from us we were poor and if can't defend and finish you don't win matches.

Fair reflection, however I will say that the "debatable offside" wasn't debatable at all really. Jamie was a few yards offside from the flick, the lino flagged immediately. The problem came when the ref either didn't spot it straight away or was waiting to see the outcome of the play. Think it became more contentious than it needed to be because the ball was in the back of our net. If it had been cleared/saved/missed and taken back to the offside decision, it wouldn't have been a talking point

Illogan 1 - 0 Redruth ath

Luke-Abbott smith

I could go into how poor we were yesterday and how sloppy we were but I don't want to take away from Redruth how well they played. Redruth ran their socks off all game not letting us settle and as poorly as we did play some of that was down to redruth not letting us have it all our own way.

Game was played in good spirits and Redruth athletic have a great bunch lads and wish them all the best for the season.

So we may have been poor yesterday but "we're still in the hat".

Edited by Gee

Illogan 1 - 0 Redruth ath

Luke-Abbott smith

I could go into how poor we were yesterday and how sloppy we were but I don't want to take away from Redruth how well they played. Redruth ran their socks off all game not letting us settle and as poorly as we did play some of that was down to redruth not letting us have it all our own way.

Game was played in good spirits and Redruth athletic have a great bunch lads and wish them all the best for the season.

So we may have been poor yesterday but "we're still in the hat".

Hello gee.. did you know were in the hat ???

fair play to the athleticos... battled all game and was good spirits. All the best.

Fair reflection, however I will say that the "debatable offside" wasn't debatable at all really. Jamie was a few yards offside from the flick, the lino flagged immediately. The problem came when the ref either didn't spot it straight away or was waiting to see the outcome of the play. Think it became more contentious than it needed to be because the ball was in the back of our net. If it had been cleared/saved/missed and taken back to the offside decision, it wouldn't have been a talking point

Think the problem was it was in back of net, should be spotted earlier but well deserved good luck in next round

Hey brayer if you hadnt flicked the ball on he was onside, I flagged straight away and the ref was very late noticing the flag, if he had blown when I flagged there wouldnt have been an issue! Very dissapointed with the reaction and abuse I got during and initially after the game mainly by your no10 who was constantly driftting offside all game! I am a former carharrack player and have no gripes with the club whatsoever!

Hey brayer if you hadnt flicked the ball on he was onside, I flagged straight away and the ref was very late noticing the flag, if he had blown when I flagged there wouldnt have been an issue! Very dissapointed with the reaction and abuse I got during and initially after the game mainly by your no10 who was constantly driftting offside all game! I am a former carharrack player and have no gripes with the club whatsoever!

I'm not having ago mate all I said was debatable offside, it was given decision made, you through we're not end of good luck in next round

I'm not having ago mate all I said was debatable offside, it was given decision made, you through we're not end of good luck in next round

I know you werent mate, just thawt id justify my decision while it was subject of conversation thats all! Ive never been a cheat and never will be and wasnt very happy with what was being said, like we said at the pub after the game was all heat of the moment! Good luck to you boys for the season

Guest BenTheYeti

Heard on the grapevine this morning that the St Ives vs Camborne Park was abandoned due to (and I quote the person who told me, not a St Ives player nor was he at the game, but was out with the St Ives lads last night) "some guy who was playing for Camborne who was wearing a tag talking s**t to <St Ives manager> and threatening to punch him in the face. <St Ives manager>'s Mum stepped in the way and the guy threatened to knock her out, so <St Ives manager> pulled his team off the pitch"

Sounds a bit stretched to me, and as I've heard it 4th hand, I am in no position to comment. But I know the St Ives manager very well, and he wouldn't pull his lads off the pitch without a good reason.. Perhaps he will be on here later to elaborate

Guest BenTheYeti

Penwith Exiles 1 - 5 Halsetown. 1-1 at half time

Heard the Halsetown keeper had a bit of a "slip up" yesterday.. rumour has it the ball nearly vanished up his backside.. any truth in that Sharks 35? :D

school of mines 1 - 2 wendron united.

A great display and result for Wendron Reserves after last weeks defeat to Titans. Camborne School Of Mines are a league above us but we were the better side from start to finish even with 10 men.

After going 1 up after 10 mins and playing some good stuff CSOM got a penalty against the run of play after our left back deliberately handled the ball on the line, the shot was going over but I suppose the referee had no choice but to send him off.

CSOM had plenty of possession given the numerical advantage but didnt really create much with there extra man.

However CSOM did win a penalty midway through the 2nd half but a fine save from our keeper denied them. With minutes to go Wendron claimed victory after a corner was bundled in at the near post to make it 2-1.

It was a feisty cup tie with a lot of wild challenges but credit to the young ref, he did well in the circumstances.

Good Luck to CSOM for rest of season from all @thedron

Heard on the grapevine this morning that the St Ives vs Camborne Park was abandoned due to (and I quote the person who told me, not a St Ives player nor was he at the game, but was out with the St Ives lads last night) "some guy who was playing for Camborne who was wearing a tag talking s**t to <St Ives manager> and threatening to punch him in the face. <St Ives manager>'s Mum stepped in the way and the guy threatened to knock her out, so <St Ives manager> pulled his team off the pitch"

Sounds a bit stretched to me, and as I've heard it 4th hand, I am in no position to comment. But I know the St Ives manager very well, and he wouldn't pull his lads off the pitch without a good reason.. Perhaps he will be on here later to elaborate

As a Camborne Park player involved in the game in question, the incident was caused when the St Ives manager called the Camborne Park manager a hobbling **** and kept calling our linesman a cheat which caused a confrontation on the sidelines but the reason it was abandoned was because neither manager would shut up when the referee was talking si called it off.

Some of this info I've been told and some I've heard and hard to know real truth but end of day up to Cornwall FA to decide eventually outcome

As the st Ives manager as erby says its up to the fA and the ref., neither of the two accounts given by erby or Ben are accurate in my opinion, so . So I won't be commenting. and I think it's best if no one else does either as it's all hear say. Even down to why it was called off.

As the st Ives manager as erby says its up to the fA and the ref., neither of the two accounts given by erby or Ben are accurate in my opinion, so . So I won't be commenting. and I think it's best if no one else does either as it's all hear say. Even down to why it was called off.

Completely agree, FA decision to the outcome so will leave it to them, whatever happens happens

Completely agree, FA decision to the outcome so will leave it to them, whatever happens happens

Surely the only outcome must be a replay unless it wasn't 3-3 . :o

Surely the only outcome must be a replay unless it wasn't 3-3 . :o

Would thought so but you never know with football

Anyone know how Padstow vs St Newlyn East got on??

heard Padstow lost on pens, bit of a shock.

Match report taken from our website for you:

Newlyn travelled to a Padstow side in the first round of the junior cup who were sitting top of their league after only conceding 8 goals all season and full of confidence after scoring 21 goals in their last 2 games.

Despite Newlyn gaining their first victory of the season last week they started this game awfully and were giving the ball the away to easily and letting Padstow play the football they wanted to. It was no surprise then that Padstow took the lead after about 15mins when there player cut in from the left hand side and slotted the ball under Newlyn keeper Liam Stevenson.

Padstow dominated the first half and Newlyn didnt really challenge their keeper except for a 20yard drive from captain Ryan Polmounter that was pushed round the post by the home keeper.

HT 1-0

Second half after a rollicking from the Newlyn management Newlyn did start to play better football and came into the game more and started creating chances. Dent was unlucky with a diving header at the near post which he could only direct straight at the keeper.

Despite Newlyn coming into the game more Padstow always looked dangerous and did miss a couple of chances to extend their lead and also found that the visiting keeper was in fine form and kept allot of efforts away from goal.

Then came probably the moment that changed the game when Chris Hall managed to clear one off the line after the Padstow strikers effort had beaten the visiting keeper, to keep the score at 1-0.

With about 10mins to go Newlyn did grab the equaliser when a cute through ball by Russell Withers found Liam Dent's run who took two touches before expertly chipping the goalkeeper and finding the back of the net despite pressure from the Padstow defenders to get his 5th goal in 2 games and his 108th in 107 games for St. Newlyn East.

Even after this Padstow nearly snatched a win after a deep cross avaded everyone and was heading towards the head of the Padstow no.10 for easy tap in, when somehow the Newlyn keeper managed to get a hand onto the cross and put it out for corner.

FT 1-1

Going into extra time it was Newlyn that looked more dangerous and should of scored when a mis-hit shot from Dent found its way into Withers path with only the keeper to beat but unfortunately his smashed effort crashed of the cross bar.

HT AET 1-1

Into the second half of extra time both teams were getting tired and both had chances to score but couldnt and then Matt Toms manged to take the ball from his own half to get passed three players and get to the by-line before cutting the ball back to Chris Symons who had lots of time but decided to hit it first time and sent the ball over the bar when it looked easier to score.

FT AET 1-1.

With no further scoring the game went to penalties and it was Newlyn who snatched the win after Ryan Polmounter, Liam Richardson, Russell Withers and Chris Ballett all scoring and keeper Liam Stevenson pulled of two great saves to cap off a man of the match performance.

Heard the Halsetown keeper had a bit of a "slip up" yesterday.. rumour has it the ball nearly vanished up his backside.. any truth in that Sharks 35? :D

Indeed....a mixture of slight rain fall 3g astro turf and running in a pair of trainers...wasn't the first tho! Hoskins was funnier.

north hill 3 - 1 st dennis . not the best of games we at st dennis having a few players out with work and injurys . been like this for a few weeks. north hill played very well and took there goals well . fought the ref was ok . good luck to north hill for the rest of there season .

Guest BenTheYeti

Indeed....a mixture of slight rain fall 3g astro turf and running in a pair of trainers...wasn't the first tho! Hoskins was funnier.

Let's be fair, if "someone else" had played in goal that day.. the ball would have probably gone up "his" nose