Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup 1st Rd results - Sat Oct 13th 2012

64. 13/10/12 13:30 Troon (Reserves) 2 - 0 Mabe (First)

[+] 61. 13/10/12 13:30 Storm (First) 4 - 3 Carharrack (First)

[+] 60. 13/10/12 13:30 St Erme (First) 1 - 4 RNAS Culdrose (Reserves)

[+] 57. 13/10/12 13:30 St Agnes (Reserves) 2 - 0 Mullion (Reserves)

[+] 56. 13/10/12 13:30 Praze-An-Beeble (First) 5 - 3 Four Lanes (First )

[+] 53. 13/10/12 13:30 Perranporth (Reserves) 2 - 5 Redruth United (First)

[+] 52. 13/10/12 13:30 Penwith Exiles (First) 1 - 1 Halsetown AFC (First)

[+] 50. 13/10/12 13:30 Newlyn Dolphins (First) 0 - 14 Rosudgeon (First)

[+] 49. 13/10/12 13:30 Marazion Blues (First) 0 - 5 St Buryan (First)

[+] 43. 13/10/12 13:30 Gwinear Church Town (First) 4 - 5 Falmouth Athletic (Reserves)

[+] 41. 13/10/12 13:30 Frogpool & Cusgarne (1st) 3 - 1 Trispen (First)

[+] 36. 13/10/12 13:30 Camborne School Of Mines (First) 1 - 2 Wendron United (Reserves)

praze 5 four lanes 3.

praze dominated this game and should of had a lot more than 5. they let in 3 sloppy goals as well, but thats football for you and a win is a win after all. we played some nice footy and scoreds some nice goals. rolling subs didnt really affect this game too much and the game flowed well. all the best to four lanes for your league games.

Madron 2-5 Stithians

Madron scorers: bryan quick, dan bower.

Well done to stithians and im sorry that there was no electric to have a shower :(

I believe that it was a decent game against a good side. We went into the game with confidence after are last game which we beat hayle 1-0 but today we were all over the place and that was down to stithians passing the ball well. I made some really good saves to keep the score down and the last 20 minutes it was pretty much all stithians.

Well done and good luck to stithians for the next round and the season and once again im sorry about not being able to have a hot shower

West Cornwall 3 .v. Pool Utd 1

Still scratching our heads quite where we went wrong to lose this 1st round encounter. West Cornwall had the best of the opening exchanges but we grew into the game and played well in the 1st half despite losing Barry Penfold to a knee injury. Even I got forward enough to hit a shot over the bar. Andrew 'Mushy' Symons and Glenn 'Fudge' Richards linked well a couple of times and both had opportunities. Can't remember if Johnny Jones or Shaun Isaacs put Fudge through and his shot went in off a defender for an OG and a 1 nil half time score line to us. Ben Jones and James Isaacs both played well in the centre of defence and Craig Richards had a solid performance in goal. In the second half West Cornwall came into the game more but we were snuffing them out time and again. The equaliser came as both sides were waiting for a whistle after a West Cornwall player seemed to be climbing all over Shaun Isaacs and a quick forward ball was tucked away. The game opened up somewhat after this with chances for both sides. West Cornwall took the lead when a switched ball had me tussling with their winger and although I won the ball Ryan Hooper was following up to strike home. We had a fantastic chance from a free kick to equalise - a great delivery from Johnny Jones and well won at the back post by Rob Penfold and Fudge agonisingly shot wide after creating some space for himself. From the resulting goal kick we conceded a pig of a goal when Owain Barrett pumped the ball up and Ashley Kemp went through to score. Cup fixture again next week for us versus School of Mines.

Best of luck to West Cornwall FC for the next round.

Lostwithiel 1 St.Minver 4

Various reasons but Minver went into this game with depleted squad (to be far Lostwithiel also had key players missing) this was a well contested match dispite the score. Minver took the lead early on from a corner headed home by skipper Dan Witts. Shortly after Tike AKA (Micheal Kempthorne) got on the end of an excellent move by Steve Wooton for 2-0. Jason Northcott who has scored in every game for Minver this season, saw Minver go in at the break 3-0. The second half Minver started like a team that had already won, but credit to Lostwithiel they contested the second half well creating more chances and even had one off the cross bar. It took second half sub Paul Dingle to settle things for Minver with thier 4th. Time running out Lostwithiel got a consolation. Sharp's Brewery Man-of-the-Match Steve Wootton. As a Manager it's easy to say when you win, but this game was what Saturday afternoon's are about, nothing nasty in the whole game. This site has critised Assistant Ref's and Ref's but can not fault either today. Do not not know Lino's name but the Ref Mr Timothy Topham was excellent. To top the day off the Kings Arms in Lostwithiel put on a spread that has been the best in 2 seasons. Thanks to all involved.

St.Minver Manager

Welcome Inn 2 Roche Reserves 0

After another week off with no game and then another different starting 11 ( we will have the same team for 2 weeks running soon i hope). The game started off very sluggish and there was a lot of mistakes by both teams. Then a bit of class by Karl Orchard when a clearance fell to him out on the corner he hit a screamer into the top of the net just under the cross bar, for the rest of the half was mostly both teams cancelling each other out. We started the 2nd game with the same team but were asking for a bit more from the players who looked sluggish. Roche certainly looked up for it but didnt have the goal threat. The game was put to bed by Nathan Mcgall who took his chance really well. Both sides made full use of the subsitutions and made changes and Welcome had a few more good chances which were stopped by a good goalkeeper for Roche who had a great game. The game finished off 2 - 0 which was a good start for Welcome who's previous teams have never got past the 1st round before.

Welcome Inn - Man of the Match - Phil Roberts / Mike Browne could'nt choose between the 2 solid full backs.

ST.ERME. (0). 1. Howman 87,

CULDROSE. (2). 4. 32, 41, 68, 80,

Spirited display from the saints against div 2 opponents, missing several key players all the lads that came in did well especially stand in keeper Dave Hill and centre half Nigel Wright. To be fair Culdrose only had a bare 11 as well so they were missing a few. Great consolation goal from Jay Howman who finished like a striker to cap a great performance!!! Saw Jay tackle his mrs as well as he got in the car!! The Jolly twins. ;-). were both unlucky not to get on the scoresheet as well with great efforts. Had captain Ian McDonnell sent off rather harshly after reacting to a late challenge, but best quote of the day from Ian "We've got to go work on Monday not like you lot". Quality! Good luck to Culdrose in the next round and thanks for knocking us out of two cups in a fortnight!!! :-(

Hill

Brown

Howman

Wright

Maker

Parr

McDonnell©

C.Jolly

James

E.Jolly

Tyler

Rolling Subs!!!

Bellamy

Mitchell

Afc Bodmin 2 - 1 St Stephen

Bodmin narrowly go through to the next round after a scrappy game of football. Bodmin should have been 3-4 up at half time but went in 1-0 up thanks to a mike Horne goal. St Stephen played really well in the second half and deserved to draw level when their striker found the bottom corner. A series of fine saves and the woodwork denied Bodmin retaking the lead and the game went into extra time where Horne bagged his second and the winner to send bodmin through to the second round. Good luck to St Stephen for the rest of their season, a really good bunch who try to play footy in the right mannor.

Titans 18 - 0 Clipper Bar

This game was over after 21 minutes we found ourselves 8-0 up and i have to give credit to the Titans players for trying to keep going and playing football in what was a very easy game. Ben Schofield hit 4 and was deservedly mom. Needless to say Jordan jackson hit 5 of which 3 came inside the opening 11 minutes. Have to give credit to Clipper bar i never heard a single moan out of them and they actually have a few decent players, who maybe just need some organisation, ok a lot of organisation. :) Actually started with 4 regulars on the bench, have to say though we got nothing out of the game other than the next round, which is of course what we want. Well reffed by nigel nicholls, top ref top fella always has been anyway. Think after 21 minutes though like me he would of prefered to be somewhere else. :D

Storm 4 (2) Carharrack 3 (3)

0-1

1-1

1-2

1-3

2-3

3-3

4-3

Conor Bray 2 Liam Bray 3

Matt Clarkson

Danny Maybin

Storm MoM - David Mitchell

Spirited is often a word used when describing a teams defeat, and over the last few years has been a word rarely used to describe Storm. Today, however, spirited was exactly the way I would describe the teams performance. We made live hard for ourselves and would say that we gifted Carharrack all three of their goals in the first half, all of which were well taken by Liam Bray. Despite being 3-1 down we didn't give up the game and worked hard to get ourselves back in the game. Conor Bray and Danny Maybin both scored in the first half to take us in at half time with just a goal deficit and the wind behind us in the second half.

In to the 2nd half, we pressured Carharrack on the ball and broke them down in the attck. Don't get me wrong, some wasteful finishing helped us saty in the game but a Matt Clarkson finish and Conor Brays 2nd of the game against his former club secured the lead. We defended manfully withstanding heavy pressure as the clock ran down but stood firm to progress.

Would like to give some noteable mentions to players today but all of my players produced when it counted and would be unfair to single any one out from today's effort.

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Sorry,but rough-house tactics will never prevail. How anyone at Penryn can condone some of the kamakaze tackling is beyond me. Anyone who knows me or has played with/against me knows i have never been a shrinking violet but some of the thugs who wore a red shirt should hang their head in shame! 2 sent off and could/should have been more. Rediculous

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Heard the referee had to issue a number of cards to Penryn players for which he was rthe subject of abuse from the away support and is seriously considering quitting the game.

Don't go on hear say, no abuse at all. Referee were in good spirits after the game as we're penryn. Well done to helston best of luck in the next round.

Lostwithiel 1-4 St Minver

Not as one sided as the score suggests but if any side was gonna win then St Minver deserved it. Both sides were missing players so could only name one sub....but I would suggest that the away side have more quality in reserve than we have! Missing 2 centre backs, both wingers and our striker meant we were really down to the bare bones and it showed! We lacked the cutting edge we normally have and St Minver took advantage. Despite this the game was competitive and played in good spirit. St Minver are an excellent young side and certainly move the ball around nicely, however the scoreline did slightly flatter them. They were ruthless in their finishing and all were well worked goals. A late consolation was all the home side could muster through Tom Mylam and we were unfortunate not to get another having hit the bar from long range and squandered some good positions...but this all came in the last ten minutes! Up til then we offered little goal threat. I think if our skipper/top goal scorer was available it may have been different in the final third...but a poxy wedding put pay to that!!!

Good luck to St Minver in the competition and for the remainder of their Duchy 3 campaign which I'm guessing will be a successful one.

Helston 3 Penryn 2 aet

Heard the referee had to issue a number of cards to Penryn players for which he was rthe subject of abuse from the away support and is seriously considering quitting the game.

Don't go on hear say, no abuse at all. Referee were in good spirits after the game as we're penryn. Well done to helston best of luck in the next round.

Not in any way hearsay Dave,was told first hand.