Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Table - Saturday 13th October 2012

Once again Saturday comes around. Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Cornwall Combination League

13th October 2012

Hayle Reserves (Andrew Lilley) 1-0 Mullion

Att - 25

Holman SC 0-2 St Agnes (Luke Osborne, Sam Connolly)

Att - 45

Pendeen Rovers (Ashley Ellis 2, Wade Brown, Gary Matthews, Andy House) 5-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 35

RNAS Culdrose (Michael Clarke, OG) 2-6 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Dan Knowlws 2, Ryan Reeve, Steve Kellow, Stefan Churcher, Lee Gribble)

Att - 12

St Day (Luke Kelland, Danny Ford, Chris Tolley, Lewis Ellis, Shane Richards) 5-3 Falmouth Athletic (Ryan Whitby 2, Brett Southerland)

Att - 30

St Ives Town (Joel McWilliams) 1-1 Perranwell (David Standing)

Att - 33

Wendron United (Tom Langford, Justin Searle) 2-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Ambrose, Jason Roberts)

Att - 54

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 10 8 1 1 36 12 24 25

2 ILLOGAN RBL 10 7 1 2 26 19 7 22

3 ST IVES TOWN 10 5 5 0 31 14 17 20

4 PENDEEN ROVERS 9 6 2 1 22 11 11 20

5 MULLION 11 6 1 4 32 23 9 19

6 ST AGNES 8 6 0 2 31 15 16 18

7 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 11 5 2 4 27 23 4 17

8 ST DAY 10 5 2 3 23 21 2 17

9 WENDRON UNITED 9 5 1 3 23 19 4 16

10 PERRANWELL 10 4 3 3 22 15 7 15

11 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 7 4 1 2 19 11 8 13

12 HAYLE RESERVES 10 3 4 3 16 18 -2 13

13 TROON 8 3 0 5 20 18 2 9

14 RNAS CULDROSE 6 2 2 2 11 12 -1 8

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 11 2 2 7 16 32 -16 8

16 LUDGVAN 8 2 1 5 17 22 -5 7

17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 13 2 1 10 19 48 -29 7

18 ST JUST 8 2 0 6 12 20 -8 6

19 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 9 1 1 7 16 37 -21 4

20 HOLMAN SC 10 1 0 9 11 40 -29 3

At least Porthleven played today. They couldn't call the game off today like last tuesday against culdrose for no reason.

In defence of Porthleven the reason that their match was called off was due to the fact that half the culdrose players were competing in the intercommand championships at Portsmouth.

Holman sports club 0-2 St Agnes

Att 45

Ht 0-1

A good sized crowd at blaythorne for this match with St Agnes bringing plenty of support. Holmans are pretending we are playing in an under 14's side as all our dads are coming to watch. Selleys and Jason's are regulars but even mine tore himself away from illogans junior cup game to have a look which is pretty good going seeing as normally he's living in a third world country (Wales!)

On the squad front the home side welcomed the return of Adam Selley for his first game of the season and old man lavis has come out of retirement for the 3rd consecutive season. Comings and goings on the transfer front too, Rikki smith has left us for perranwell which is probably his 17th combo club in the last two seasons but luckily we've transferred Aaron Meridith back from Illogan after just 4 weeks following his sneaky bravo two zero scouting mission in preperation of the big boxing day match. weve got him back for the bargain sum of a tub of black hair dye and the latest cure album.

The pitch at blaythorne was being its dependable self after the recent cornish monsoon and following no pitch inspection because I couldn't be arsed to get out of bed on a Saturday morning it was deemed fit to play. Ray had also been busy up at the clubhouse preparing for Aggies visit by super gluing everything down on Friday night but most disappointingly the st Agnes lads behaved themselves which means we cant get up to any kevin heany style shenanigans and put in an insurance claim to upgrade the clubhouse for another year!!!

Holmans started the game pretty well and Paul grey and Alex Clark were playing well in the full back positions with jase and Wayne munching up the midfield it was left to Paul billings to link up with mike "billy wizz' goldsworthy upfront but the home side were just lacking in the final third of the pitch for the killer touch in front of goal. Jase had one of his usual 20yd specials that ended up in tuckingmill, that's not to bad the one he did in the 2nd half attacking the railway end means I have to write a letter to the fat controller at network rail asking for our ball back again!! Things got a little feisty and Tarik got shown a nice shiny yellow thing by ref Simon Berryman (who by the way was excellent as usual) Tarik had only just given me a tenner for last week so I've now insisted he gives me his sort code and bank account number and I will set up a weekly direct debit straight to the Ccfa!!! :)

Ben Minns was in fine form in the Holmans goal and the flying potato sack was forced to pull off some top quality sky+ slowmo saves. Bobby thought he could do with a bit more practice and tried a trademark cross the back pass to Alex.......which went straight to duayne Britton who ran through on goal but luckily missed (I can't take the mick to much though I did the same thing 2nd half but I'm putting that down to tired legs and keeping it quiet). Holmans couldn't hold out forever though and Sam Connolly managed to find the back of the net to take the visitors 0-1 up which pleased us no end.

Still in the game in the 2nd half the home side were struggling to find a way through and only looked like scoring through a set piece apparently I tried crippling the goalie at one point by stamping on his foot when in fact I was just being my usual clumsy self it's ok though the ref got us to stop swinging our handbags about and we swapped phone numbers and he's taking me out for a drink....I've got a feeling he might be a bit high maintenance though. Eventually st Agnes got their 2nd and apart from aaron being to honest in the looking for a penalty front and me having a rest and sitting on duayne britton the poor bugger the game petered out and overall aggie deserved the 3 points and we remain rooted to the bottom of the league gr8!!! Off to Culdrose next week which will be nice as I'm sure the sun will be out and not a breath of wind will be felt

Pitty, Porthleven called the game off not Culdrose. The reason I know the pitch was playable was straight from the horses mouth, the Porthleven groundsman. It appears pressure was put on a local ref to call the game off. We can all speculate why this was.

Apologies I stand corrected.

Bad day for helston reserves against Pendeen - time to wake up and realise that perhaps senior football aint all that.....

bit of sour grapes over loosin a couple of players? Only got 2 from Helston reserves, that's getting a bit old now!

Wendron United 2-2 Falmouth Town

Tom Langford and Justin Searle with Wendron's goals and Jason Roberts and Ben Ambrose for Falmouth.

Great game for the neutral at the Underlane on Saturday. Typical local derby with hard challenges, controversy and goals.

Wendron started the better and kept the ball well, creating some decent half chances and playing some good stuff. Falmouth looked dangerous up top and created a few chances of their own, which forced Gray into a coupe smart saves. As the half wore on, the match became more feisty with some silly fouls winding both sets of players up. On another day Town could have had a player sent off, but the ref chose not to and perhaps set a standard for the game in doing so.

Wendron thought they took the lead after Searle diverted a cross into the Falmouth net, but after some deliberation, the linesman flagged for offside. Perhaps somewhat controversially, but that is what they are there for, and probably was the correct call.

At half time on the way back to the changing room our centre back was slapped on the face, not a massive slap but enough to sting, by one of the Falmouth players. The ref was stood right there and although he said he didn't see it, I find that hard to believe. But we have to go by his word.

Second half Falmouth came at Wendron more and they had a string of corners, but Wendron defended well and after some good football in the Town third the ball broke to Langford who hit a sweet strike into the bottom corner of the Falmouth net to put Wendron one up.

Wendron kept creating but the match was starting to be dominated by Falmouth who levelled after some poor defending Roberts bent a neat finish into the top of the net. Falmouth went 2-1 up after a free kick was given for handball against Wendron. The left back looked to have taken it on his chest and is adamant it was nowhere near his hands, and the ref was the only one there that thought it was a handball, and therefore gave a free kick. Wendron didn't set themselves and Ambrose scrambled the ball home.

Falmouth thought they extended their lead when the ball broke to Ambrose who rounded he keeper to 'score'. However the Lino had flagged for offside earlier, que a torrid of foul abuse toward the Lino and ref. It was the correct the decision though as the ball hit a Town player's back from an attempted clearance and the ball fell to Ambrose who was in an offside position.

Falmouth introduced McIntosh who looked lively and struck the bar, before Harris of Wendron hit the bar with a header from a Tressider cross. Scoffin produced a fantastic save when the rebound fell to Searle and forced a corner.

The ball fell to Tresidder in the box, who with his back to goal layer it to McDonald, who in turn teed it up to Searle who let rip with a shot that hit the crossbar and went into the back of the net, que massive celebrations from the Wendron faithful.

The ref blew up not long after that for the game to finish two each.

Some handbags in the changing rooms between the two set of players, but all was forgotten in the bar after.

Probably a fair result, and like I said near the start of this essay, a great game for the neutral.

A plea to all spectators, players, officials etc. More people of both sexes and all ages are watching the game. Lets keep the foul language down else these people won't want to come back again.

Best of luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season, a decent lot off the pitch.

Bad day for helston reserves against Pendeen - time to wake up and realise that perhaps senior football aint all that.....

bit of sour grapes over loosin a couple of players? Only got 2 from Helston reserves, that's getting a bit old now!

still people taking the bait tho.....

Wendronangel, anyone reading your above report with an ounce of sense would be able to see right through your intentions like looking through a window. " I witnessed a child and female somewhat disturbed" You should give up going to football and write your own book

Wendronangel, anyone reading your above report with an ounce of sense would be able to see right through your intentions like looking through a window. " I witnessed a child and female somewhat disturbed" You should give up going to football and write your own book

Topcat, I'm just saying it was unsettling for some people and don't think there is a place for it in the game. Swearing won't be stomped out, and I'm no saint, but to threat someone is a serious matter, regardless of who said it. And yes I do love a rant.

X

Has that report been edited ???? can't see the child and female thingy. His intentions are ???

Yes I edited it. Not going to have been accused of something when I'm not even clear what intentions Topcat was referring to. So I took out that part to save argument. All it said was that a female spectator was unsettled by the language and threat made to a Wendron play by a Falmouth one. And that this isn't going to help the reputation of the game or make spectators want to come back.

Although unsure of what Topcat is accusing my intentions of being, I edited as I am not here to upset people or to be accused of anything, so if it makes life easier - it's gone. Perhaps my views are too soft and it is ok to threaten people and use vulgar language in front of woman and children.

We are all guilty of swearing in frustration but when aimed at a player, or official in the manner it was done, Iocal football will lose supporters. They don't come to hear that, especially woman or children.

Sorry Scoffs, our up and coming reporter was away during the week so no programme was done.

X

Theolderigethethickeriam it,s so easy to come on here and slag off your opponents,last month it was St just and St Ives that had handbags and someone made out that they were glad they did,nt bring their son. In this day and age although I don,t condone this type of incident, the best thing to do is wrap you ladies and children in cotton wool and hide them somewhere.

Theolderigethethickeriam it,s so easy to come on here and slag off your opponents,last month it was St just and St Ives that had handbags and someone made out that they were glad they did,nt bring their son. In this day and age although I don,t condone this type of incident, the best thing to do is wrap you ladies and children in cotton wool and hide them somewhere.

Cannot work that post out topcat !!! What has your post got to do with what I posted ???

I simply asked had the post been edited, as something appeared to be missing - nothing to do with you, and what you thought his intentions were - that is to do with your post, You seemed to think the post had some underlying intention ??? Can't see that, merely a report on the game.

If you were there then give us your slant on the game, simples.

NB where did I slag off anyone in that post ??? I do not expect an answer as you tend to cherrypick your responses - surprise me - go on. LOL.

Don't really understand Topcat?

I was just using Falmouth as an example, as it is current. They are good guys off the pitch, most of them on it too. There's no team in the league who are saints; and I'm all for banter, but not everyone is thick enough skinned or old enough to be exposed to some things. And we don't want supporters not coming. That equals less money, even if just a couple quid, and less interest in our local leagues. My own opinion of course, and that will do from me.

X

Wendronofficial, Can I just ask why your report did not contain the Wendron managers words/actions when Lawrie Mcgowan done a rash challenge on Adam Barnicoat for which Lawrie received a yellow card? I take it your female spectator and minor were not within a 10 mile radius of Wendron as there was no mention of being distressed or unsettled by his rant!

All I ask if you are going to make a large match report, then at least be honest about both sides whoever they are, and not be blinkered towards your own team.Because everyone interprets things differently and most like it or not will actually sway towards their own team. eg Wendron scored but was "controversially" ruled out for offside after some deliberation. Falmouth town scored but was correctly ruled out for offside as it came off a falmouth players back and fell to a player in a offside position. que a torrid of foul and abuse.Maybe it should have read Wendron had a goal ruled out for an offside and their players were left fuming, in the second half Fal Town had a goal ruled out for offside and their players were fuming too!

I think every match report is blinkered.

Sorry Topcat, I did not hear the expletives the manager said, but if so then I do apologise. Like I said, I'm not trying to make out we are saints up at the Dron.

As for the two disallowed goals, yes both sides were left fuming but the extent of the Falmouth protests were much greater and abusive than I felt Wendron's were.

Will try to make my posts less blinkered in future, maybe my claret and blue glasses need a clean.

X

Anyone know who the photographer at St.Ives yesterday is? Or who he was photographing for? Thanks.

He is just a lad from St.Ives, think he is doing/has done photography at uni. He has some really good photos actually.

Any idea where he uploads his photos? Or what his name is so I can add him on Facebook? Cheers.

Wendronofficial, Can I just ask why your report did not contain the Wendron managers words/actions when Lawrie Mcgowan done a rash challenge on Adam Barnicoat for which Lawrie received a yellow card? I take it your female spectator and minor were not within a 10 mile radius of Wendron as there was no mention of being distressed or unsettled by his rant!

All I ask if you are going to make a large match report, then at least be honest about both sides whoever they are, and not be blinkered towards your own team.Because everyone interprets things differently and most like it or not will actually sway towards their own team. eg Wendron scored but was "controversially" ruled out for offside after some deliberation. Falmouth town scored but was correctly ruled out for offside as it came off a falmouth players back and fell to a player in a offside position. que a torrid of foul and abuse.Maybe it should have read Wendron had a goal ruled out for an offside and their players were left fuming, in the second half Fal Town had a goal ruled out for offside and their players were fuming too!

Ah! I see, you just didn't like the way it was written. Memo to Wendron official, run your posts by topcat so he can edit them for you, but of course only when you play Falmouth. Ho!ho!ho! you could'nt make it up.

Topcat, the man who posts what people want to hear - MMMMmmmmmm!!!!!

TheolderIgetthethickeriam, I have just had a quick glance through all the topics on this forum and it seems you have missed a couple!

Ho! ho! ho! nearly fell off my barstool with that one. Too sharp for me, watch you don't cut yourself. He who posts what people want to hear !!!!! On a written forum ho! ho ho! Come on Topcat you can do better than THAT!!!!