Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance v Newquay

Gossip Man do you know what's been agreed between Jake and Newquay? Have you been present during discussions? Do you know what Jakes plans could possibly be if his club fail to stay alive? Do you actually know how much expenses are passing hands? Do you know if all of the Newquay subs are fully fit to start? I could go on but I'd take a guess that your answers to all of the above are "no".

Yes you're entitled to your opinion of course, but do some homework first so that your statements are a little more educated.

he won't play for free, when it goes tits up at Truro he won't become a Newquay player, that I do no, Newquay have a 2nd team so plenty of players to chose from, play the youngsters, they would play for free, my son at Newquay 2nds would of loved a game under lights tonite, no phone calls, a joke.

Cameron Bidgood, Jack Bray-Evans, Jake Street, Sam Trudgian, Sam Hill ALL part of the Newquay FC youth development set up and ALL had first team appearances this season and last. I hope your son earns his chance very soon also then your bitter posts may sweeten up a little.

not bitter, my son has played and been to every training session, were has the ash man been, when he becomes a week in week out player for Newquay I will apologise , don't think I will be apologising , it won't happen, u no that and I no that,he will go to the highest bidder, , not bitter my opinion, by the way lafs. don't bite, whoop whoop

Love it... Truro, the saviour of Cornish football sign all and sundry for a fortune and are hailed by everyone as the future. Newquay play one lad for a few quid, but mainly so he can keep fit and in the football worlds eye, the club are slammed... some strange priorities folk have.

Don't care who you are Gossip Man or who you son is, if he is good enough, he will play !

Anyone know the score ? - Just heard 1-1 after 46mins

If any club had a chance to have a player like jake ash in the squad, despite how good the opposition are I'm sure every club would bite his hand off, not only will it strengthen your side but a player of his quality and experience could help the young lads that Newquay have in thier side.

Having a player like that in your (Newquay) squad is a major confident boost for players when you go into any game.

Not quite "every club would bite his hands off" Lee. No way would any "superstars" rock up and pull on a Godolphin shirt ahead of our loyal players. Not that we can afford him anyway lol. Win lose or draw we would rather do it with our own lads, players who are committed to the cause. Each to their own though.

Not quite "every club would bite his hands off" Lee. No way would any "superstars" rock up and pull on a Godolphin shirt ahead of our loyal players. Not that we can afford him anyway lol. Win lose or draw we would rather do it with our own lads, players who are committed to the cause. Each to their own though.

Fair enough Derek. Will have him thought, quite happily :-) lol

I can't actually believe what I'm reading here - what a complete joke! So it's ok for a player to play for another club in a different league because his team don't have a game because he's a quality player.

So going on that basis if some Premiership striker turned up and played for Penzance tonight because he's not on international duty it would ok because he's "a quality player".

The sooner they bring in one signature, one club the better to stop this completely farcical situation we have in our county. If Ash signs for Newquay then fair enough but until then he shouldn't be playing for them- if he wants to get fit he can go for a run or hit the gym. I totally admire Godolphin's attitude - I wish more club's had that attitude.

I don't understand every1s problem, surely this is newquays problem, ! I'm just saying if u get a chance to strengthen ur side then why not do it ? I do understand people's point on loyalty, we at st Dennis have basically had the same side since duchy prem paying no budget but in these leagues if u get a chance at a player like that then fair play.

This is slightly different but I know of clubs that bring back players from uni or that have moved for the odd "big" game be it an Easter derby or senior game and in doing so benching a player that has been commited andsupporting the club throughout the season as the player coming in for the 1 game is better. Same principle?

Grant we have several players who are committed to Godolphin who go to uni but when they are back they come straight back into the squad. All the players understand and accept that players who are at uni/ or working away will be considered when they are home. A completely different scenario to the one mentioned above. It works for us with no problems whatsoever.

I'll say one thing having watched the game last night - Jake Ash stood out last night, you can see the difference in the standard of player......... top class :thumbsup:

People will disagree and they are entitled too, but I was impressed...... :thumbsup:

Your right he is a quality player - Just a shame the ref loved/looked up to him aswel.., he fouled a player for a blantant penalty which the ref didnt give and everytime he appealed for something the ref gave him what he wanted.

Not blaming the player though not his fault.

Derick Martin spot on again

You can't build a side around money!! 1 year later moneys gone, players leave and follow the money.

You build a side around loyal players, look at Camelford and Derick Martins side! Both very good sides and both have very good managers

I respect Jake for wanting to come and play football under his friend and former teammate Glynn Hooper. At the end of the day he rang Hoops to accept the offer when he had much better offers elsewhere. Perhaps he won't stick around but the impact he will have on the people around him will be a positive, the same with Andy Watkins, they were both vocal on Friday evening and performed well. Two genuine guys that want to be playing football, they aren't in it for the money like some others are. The younger players are getting a chance at the club but some may not be 100% ready to play week in week out at this level, you have to be careful when they are at that age not to rush them. The leadership from Jake, Andy + that already at Mount Wise like Middsy, Weldhen, Hampshire etc will only help. They have been there and done it.

On another note, who was the Penzance player sent off last night?

i wonder how much newquay splash out per player ?. it seems its been a struggle this season for them . brooks , zalick trott they all played at this level . maybe they havent hit form . ? as for ash its up to the manager who he signs and brings in . maybe if a few were playing out of there skin he wouldnt need him .

I respect Jake for wanting to come and play football under his friend and former teammate Glynn Hooper. At the end of the day he rang Hoops to accept the offer when he had much better offers elsewhere. Perhaps he won't stick around but the impact he will have on the people around him will be a positive, the same with Andy Watkins, they were both vocal on Friday evening and performed well. Two genuine guys that want to be playing football, they aren't in it for the money like some others are. The younger players are getting a chance at the club but some may not be 100% ready to play week in week out at this level, you have to be careful when they are at that age not to rush them. The leadership from Jake, Andy + that already at Mount Wise like Middsy, Weldhen, Hampshire etc will only help. They have been there and done it.

I believe it was Jeremy Blake....not sure if he is cut out for this level.

I'll say one thing having watched the game last night - Jake Ash stood out last night, you can see the difference in the standard of player......... top class :thumbsup:

People will disagree and they are entitled too, but I was impressed...... :thumbsup:

You don't say...? I thought a player that plays 1 off the conference would look average in the SWPL against a team that's bottom.

Course he's going to look a different class. It's like a player from SWPL playing against a team that's bottom of Dutchy 2/3.

Your right he is a quality player - Just a shame the ref loved/looked up to him aswel.., he fouled a player for a blantant penalty which the ref didnt give and everytime he appealed for something the ref gave him what he wanted.

jake was being held in his own area and professionally fended off the magpie who insisted on attempting to dance with him

I believe it was Jeremy Blake....not sure if he is cut out for this level.

jake deployed and demonstrated to newquay players, professionalism

to exert 100 percent at all times in all conditions against all oppositions

irrelevant of form or credentials

newquay won against a hardy team who gave everything who knowingly had

less competence gave all

save for the magpie who got himself sent off and ranted at the lino on departure about incidents dealt with

Nqy struggled in both games to dominate Pz. Points could easily have been dropped in either game. On those 2 performances diff to see how Pz shipped 27 goals at home in 4 prev games. Happier days may well be just around the corner.

CTB must have been ill not to attend.

I was. Still am. Got man flu but not the usual. Caught it off my mother. Dry, phelmy throat is easy to cope with but this one just makes you want to sleep all the time, day or night. Keep nodding off for a couple of hours then waking for about 3 hours then tired again. Had it for 8 days now. Really weird.

That's not flu Paul,it's an age thing! lol

newquay didnt struggle to dominate, newquay are finding form with a differing team,

injuries absences and new players all create a new platform to develop

as jake points out and so do other teams and players including parkway, newquay have an array of quality seasoned and new players

takes a wise man to bring it all together hooper is that man

and loyal knowledgable fans to know the transition from west division, being predominent cornish

to premier which demographically is dominated by and beyond plymouth, is neither simple or easy

newquay have the potential and in their first season at a new and thier highest level are fairing admirably

neither struggling or excelling but developing

Apart from your first phrase "newquay didnt struggle to dominate", I completely agree with you. 1 of the previous 4 teams to gain promotion from 1W are back there (Wade) and Pz may well be going back at the end of the season, although Wade seem to have a good shot on getting back up (was sorry that Tues game pp as I wanted to see them in action).

i think the mantra for newquay is to not to focus on whether the game is being dominated

and id go with that learned strategy

rope a dope exists where you assume as always should be the opposition can beat you

at this level where players are ever rosta'd or unavailable

the team can change weekly therefore some diligence has to be applied

penzance could have won as they played hardy team football save for the guy who walked, unable to contain himself

so the objective for newquay was to win not dominate, win over 90 with more goals

this they did and unlike when playing plymouth, they stuck to playing, not fighting not getting tickets

not reverting wholly to park football, on an every decreasing pitch against a very resillient opposition

maybe not entertaining but certainly effective over 90

credit certainly due to penzance who perhaps employed their own rope a dope

maybe the should offer the same against other opposition , and they may reap rewards

their big defeats could be result of having too little faith in self, and as the loud departee exemplified, a less than complicit understanding of real football