Cornwall Football Forum

How come every single thread on here end up with we h8 Bodmin 4 not taking promotion? I could start a thread about witheridge having the best pastys in the league. & within 3-4 comments it'll b we h8 Bodmin, Bodmin have more money than every1, Bodmin r 2 good 4 this league, Bodmin have the best players, Bodmin have the best manager.

My answer 2 every1 on here is rather than cry about it do something about it.

Bodmins budget ain't that big. The reason they r the best is the players that r there r winners. They could get more money else where but they choose to play 4 the best manager in the league because there all winners. They have the right attitude. Rather than bitching about it they do something about it.

Incase u were wondering I'm not a Bodmin fan. I live in plym & I mainly watch parkway. But I do watch elburton as well as tavy. & those teams budgets r on par if not greater than Bodmins.

My point behind I wish every topic wouldn't end in Bofmin should go up, if they don't there a disgrace. The real disgrace r the rest of the teams who have no fight in em.

U can't argue with facts!!!

i cant find a single thread on here saying they hate bodmin! i have already watched bodmin 4 times this season and many times over many seasons and i believe this is the best bodmin side probably over the last ten years! i believe the word you should use is probably jealousy and not hate.

How come every single thread on here end up with we h8 Bodmin 4 not taking promotion? I could start a thread about witheridge having the best pastys in the league. & within 3-4 comments it'll b we h8 Bodmin, Bodmin have more money than every1, Bodmin r 2 good 4 this league, Bodmin have the best players, Bodmin have the best manager.

My answer 2 every1 on here is rather than cry about it do something about it.

Bodmins budget ain't that big. The reason they r the best is the players that r there r winners. They could get more money else where but they choose to play 4 the best manager in the league because there all winners. They have the right attitude. Rather than bitching about it they do something about it.

Incase u were wondering I'm not a Bodmin fan. I live in plym & I mainly watch parkway. But I do watch elburton as well as tavy. & those teams budgets r on par if not greater than Bodmins.

My point behind I wish every topic wouldn't end in Bofmin should go up, if they don't there a disgrace. The real disgrace r the rest of the teams who have no fight in em.

U can't argue with facts!!!

I don't think it's anything to do with Bodmin personally or their budget, any team in a pyramid system that continually finish in the top 2 should in my opinion take promotion and test their ability in a higher league regardless of whether it's Bodmin or Lands End United. As for getting a team to challenge them, I reckon you could choose the best players from all the rest of the teams put together and still not be good enough, Bodmin are the best in Cornwall which makes it even more galling. As for other teams having no fight, you should have watched Camelford v St Blazey yesterday probably more fight in that game than any other in the country so please don't say that. As for ambition, ambitious people don't stand still I'll let you work out the rest!

Good comments Mr.Shaddy.I am Bodmin through and through born and bread and have been watching them all my life.Yes it would be good to see them have a crack at another level .The structure of the team and committee are there but unless you have a person/persons to help bank roll this cornish clubs will always be in and around this level.Teams of yesteryear all tried but propably for the same reason of today came back to local level because of money and keep their club going ..

Well they don't actually have any facilities do they, all rented and probably on a peppercorn rent.

the "facility" is open to the world, anyone can wander in or out, or have a kick around if they like, not exactly siutable in reality, but best of luck to them.

Their real ambition should be to move and own their own ground, but with that comes real cost not a pepercorn rent.

But bodmins facilities won't allow them 2 go up

Improvements are the way forward then, if that's the case.

If council owned maybe they can't make improvements, without permission, but, what council would turn down an offer of making improvements, if its not costing them anything!

How many other teams actually own there own grounds?

TRSS - just to say you are mistaken with your assumption that EVFC have similar or greater budget to that of Bodmin/Tavy. Some of your comments have provided good discussion but unless you know the facts please dont make any sweeping statements. Thanks.

I recall Newquay giving Bodmin a 5-0 hiding at Priory Park not too long ago... Bodmin finished bottom of the SWL. The very next season, the money walks in, they win the title FACT.

Said on here before that if (somehow)you get each club to declare their budget and arrange it from top to bottom,it would not look much different to the end of season league table .

Hello wez. I'm assuming u r the real wezzie. Or Simon westlake. Everybody in plym knows what each other r on. Everybody knows Levi's on £60 a game plus a tenner a goal, michaels on the same. Even the bang average players there r on £30's. ie jack Alexander, Justin Crowley etc.. Let alone the boy trott. He must b on decent money. Wouldn't like 2 imagine what u payed yettsy!! Lol. No need 2 play it down. Fair play 2 u boys. But your budget must b the same as Bodmins. When Glyn Hobbs is only on £40, Adam carters only on £60's

TRSS - or mystic meg :ninja: , LOL, dont forget clean sheet , MoM , win bonuses, will you have a word with our treasurer and see what you can do. If you fancy sponsoring the club with advertising board much appreciated. Next time your watching introduce yourself and we can have a chat. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, October 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, October 9, 2012 - No reason given

The quality of this forum is getting better and better, don't forget the share of gate receipts, freedom of the town, appearance money.

Heard Hobbs had the freedom of tavy not because of his footballing ability but he would just beat every1 up!! Lol

Be grateful that you only have to pay 4 quid to watch a decent team,if u have a problem or just want to slag them off don't watch them!!!!!simples

?????? Have not slagged them off?????? merely commented the stupidity of the monies being paid!! it applies to all clubs.

Nevermind,can't blame anyone for earning abit extra cash these days,if it's there for the taking then take it I say!!! Who in this day n age would turn down money to help with a mortgage etc???

Be grateful that you only have to pay 4 quid to watch a decent team,if u have a problem or just want to slag them off don't watch them!!!!!simples

?????? Have not slagged them off?????? merely commented the stupidity of the monies being paid!! it applies to all clubs.

Nevermind,can't blame anyone for earning abit extra cash these days,if it's there for the taking then take it I say!!! Who in this day n age would turn down money to help with a mortgage etc???

Don't blame the players, best of luck to them. The dopey clubs are to blame, spending more money than they can win - crazy!!!!

Tuesday night Buckland played away to Winterbourne distance 98 miles, travel time 1 hour 50mins

From Bodmin distance 148 miles and 2 hours 45 minutes.

so 7.45 ko leave winterbourne at 10.30 Arrive back Newton Abbot 12.30 / 1 ish especially if weather crap,

Bodmin would arrive back 1.30 / 2 ish...

Totally unreasonable for guys who have to go work next day....

There are about the same number of clubs in the Peninsula Premier and the Western Premier. This season Bodmin have 4 evening league fixtures scheduled - 2 home and 2 away. Even if this was doubled to 4 away due to cup commitments , surely they could cope with that in a 9 month long season!

Tuesday night Buckland played away to Winterbourne distance 98 miles, travel time 1 hour 50mins

From Bodmin distance 148 miles and 2 hours 45 minutes.

so 7.45 ko leave winterbourne at 10.30 Arrive back Newton Abbot 12.30 / 1 ish especially if weather crap,

Bodmin would arrive back 1.30 / 2 ish...

We left at 6pm last night and were at Winterbourne for 7.15 and I was back in the house at 11.20pm after dropping off three fellow supporters at their houses.

Just before the Topsham Flyover on the M5 there is a bloody great sign that says Bodmin 65 miles 60 minutes.

The maximum travelling time Bodmin would incur is 2.45 mins

Newton Abbot to Penzance is 2 hours 30 Mins, Newton Abbot to Falmouth 2 Hours 15 Mins, Newton Abbot to Blazey 1 hour 30 mins.

I remember going to Penryn midweek in the Throgmorton Cup a couple of seasons ago, I got home after midnight.

Barring any rearranged matches we only have around four midweek aways for the rest of the season.

The arguments don't wash..... I'm loving the Western League .