Cornwall Football Forum

CARL FLETCHER, IS THIS THE END?

Let's have a reality check. Argyle were nearly liquidated last season. Carl Flectcher and many of the players played for no wages until a investor was found. The club is now being run right under the direction of James Brent, the Supporters Trust if being offered a 20% stake and a seat on the board of directors.

The current board remains competitive but it's refusing to give out inflated contracts to players who are currently playing in Div 2 (Tier 4). Times use to be good,very good, but it all came crashing down. Give the man at least a season to do it his way.

I do agree we need to start winning home games not only to give the team confidence but also keep the crowds coming in order to invest in the future.

Who else would we get in as manager?

Yes, come on, lets get rid of Carl Fletcher, lets get him out and get someone else in

After all this is one of the most coveted jobs in european football, they'll be queing around the block for this one

No money, no ( good ) players, no support and no prospects - What is there not to want ?

Wake up Pastyman and smell the coffee - You're lucky to have Fletcher

Well i may of being dreaming Harry taken Plymouth to the prmiership ,more like at the moment fletcher taken them down to the conferance ,i have travelled all the way to burnley and wycombe so far this season as every home game and its just too expensive especially when they play like they are doing i have been going to watch them for 43 years these last 2 seasons have been the worst .I would love to see Harry Redknapp at home park hes got a home in dorset so he would be near but i can see him ending up back in the premier with possibly q p r if they loose anymore games.

Fletch has done very well with the resources he has, football clubs and fans need to stick by managers for longer or else the friction will move onto the pitch. He got the lads working together and kept them motivated to stay up last season. Argyle will turn themselves around, but not in two seasons, give them a chance.

By the way, Ponsonby, he was a midfielder.

Ha ha,very good.

I was just getting a bit carried away with a pleasant trip down Memory Lane there.

At the end of the day Argyle are a million times better off than last season where it looked like a) Extinction or B) certain relegation.

Carl Fletcher sacrificed his own playing career to help save the club from the Conference which is totally

admirable and commendable.

In view of that he should given this season to see where he takes them.