Cornwall Football Forum

SECOND PLACE

whoever comes first/second should be made to go up,what is the point of the pyramid system if not,i applaud any team that takes promotion, i know i have opened up a can of worms stating this with i know its always the money argument being the bone of contention!

whoever comes first/second should be made to go up,what is the point of the pyramid system if not,i applaud any team that takes promotion, i know i have opened up a can of worms stating this with i know its always the money argument being the bone of contention!

I often hear the argument that it takes serious money to assemble a squad to win the league and I think most people would agree with this. If that was not true, why are the likes of Liskeard/Penzance struggling?

Therefore, the clubs at the other end of the league must be using a bigger budget.

If the likes of Bodmin Town are able to assemble a squad strong enough to virtually "walk away" with the league title season after season, why are they unable to take promotion due to funding? Or is it because they wish to be a "big fish in a small pond".

Simple solution

If league winners do not take promotion they should not have any prize money and be refused entry into the following seasons FA vase and FA cup competitions

If the team in second accept promotion after the first place team refuse it, the prize money should be given to the second place team.

If neither team take promotion prize money divided amongst top six teams (I.e., the teams in 3rd-6th positions)

Simple solution

If league winners do not take promotion they should not have any prize money and be refused entry into the following seasons FA vase and FA cup competitions

If the team in second accept promotion after the first place team refuse it, the prize money should be given to the second place team.

If neither team take promotion prize money divided amongst top six teams (I.e., the teams in 3rd-6th positions)

I would go with that.

i still think the players bodmin have should look at themselfs and think its about time they loked at a challenge to them selfs, and see how they get on at a higher standerd.im not sure what bodmins budget is but i did read they are not in the top 6 of money payed out.i think parkway who have ambition to move up should snap up the 5 or 6 bodmin plymouth based players .

You are right what you are saying Porker. Why all this having a pop at Bodmin. Just look at Barnstaple. Football beiing played in a legue that covers a vast area will soon be a thing of the past. OK, so travel is easier due to better roads, unless you ae west of Launceston and then most clubs have to tend with the single carriagway at Temple, but the cost of travel is going up all the time. Move the town of Bodmin to Newtown Abbott (i.e. where Buckland are located) and it would be easy for them to take promotion, but why should they bankrupt the club just to go Western League. Maybe soon we will see the better Devon clubs; Barnstaple, Ilfracombe, Torrington etc. joining the SWPL. Besides, it is all very well for the FA to instigate the pyramid system but when you want a grant then they are nowhere to be seen.

As a Falmouth Town supporter, I say leave Bodmin alone. It is up the rest of the clubs to try to knock them off their perch. Now there is a challenge!

Good to hear the positive stuff being said about Parkway on here .

We've had a really good start in the league with an exciting group of players that Wayne Hillson has brought together ,it's far too early to talk about second place and promotion.Let's just keep on winning the games and see where that takes us .