Cornwall Football Forum

Video highlights of AFC Newquay v Plymouth Parkway

Very difficult conditions. Heavy rain and blustery winds. I thought this was a well competed game. Not sure what standard of football your used too ?

Blustery winds beaker ?????????????????? was you there???????????? there wasnt a whiff of wind, But it certainly was wet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes , I was there . Where were you standing , In the bar ?

Ouch! Having watched many of Piran's highlights of Truro's games, this just emphasises what the County will lose if Truro fold. Not a high standard of football on show at Newquay that night!

I thought the standard was quite good , especially for the conditions. Both Truro players did not seem of a different standard ? Although saying that the goal was a good one.

I think that Cornwall is situated so far away from England, watching a GOOD standard is always going to be a logistical problem , i have some mates who follow Man Utd both home and away ( and they live here ).

But most of us support our local teams ! i mean village for me, we may not watch the best football but theres a great feeling when your local boys produce a result !!!

I have been amazed at the standard of football at Truro City and it will be an ill wind blowing through Cornwall if the club fold. We deserve a decent stadium and a club to go with it. If we survive this week, we will be the stronger for it. We will emerge as a community club so long as we get the right investors in place and Will is at the helm leading the Supporters Trust. Surely every serious Cornish football fan would wish for this, wouldn't they?

I have been amazed at the standard of football at Truro City and it will be an ill wind blowing through Cornwall if the club fold. We deserve a decent stadium and a club to go with it. If we survive this week, we will be the stronger for it. We will emerge as a community club so long as we get the right investors in place and Will is at the helm leading the Supporters Trust. Surely every serious Cornish football fan would wish for this, wouldn't they?

Add up the total attendances at every game in Cornwall played each saturday and i bet it's less than an Argyle home game . We are here on a limb and i can't see the Scillonian bringing may over either !! the pirates play on a sunday ( i bet the crowds would be much smaller if they played on a saturday )