Cornwall Football Forum

SALTASH V BOVEY TRACY - Postponed

I was quite surprised the match was called off yesterday, as even Callington Town played yesterday. The Callington pitch is a notorious pitch in bad weather, so strange they played, but "the ashes" game off.

I ventured out to the Ivybridge v Falmouth match and noticed the pitch "holding water" in several areas. So who is to doubt the state of Kimberley Stadium?

Much prefer to see yesterdays game called off, than to see damage to the pitch prevent several matches called off in due course.

I was quite surprised the match was called off yesterday, as even Callington Town played yesterday. The Callington pitch is a notorious pitch in bad weather, so strange they played, but "the ashes" game off.

I ventured out to the Ivybridge v Falmouth match and noticed the pitch "holding water" in several areas. So who is to doubt the state of Kimberley Stadium?

Much prefer to see yesterdays game called off, than to see damage to the pitch prevent several matches called off in due course.

Obviously the pitch wasn't was bad as you thought it could have been!

With the rain this week.... interesting to see if the pitch is in good state for the FA Vase game vs Buckland on Sat. -_-

Also be interesting to see if Bovey Tracey's pitch is fit to play on this coming Saturday after all the rain this week and their postponement last Saturday on their pitch...

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Youth-aim-avenge-1-0-loss/story-17065624-detail/story.html

Or, we could all get a life and be interested in something much more interesting...like paint drying...zzzzzzzzz

:wacko: