Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Table - Sat 6th October 2012

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

6th October 2012

Falmouth Town Reserves P-P Perranwell

Att -

Mullion (Rob Carey 3, Alan Thomas 3, Jack Sherlock, Dagan Vaughn-Spruce) 8-1 Illogan RBL (Jay Smith)

Att - 70

Newquay Reserves (Jack Bray-Evans 3, Steve Machin 2, Ollie Deadman) 6-1 Holman SC (Neil Pitt)

Att - 45

Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton 2) 2-2 Falmouth Athletic (Ryan Whitby, Nick Moss)

Att - 45

St Ives Town (Jowan May, Joel McWilliams) 2-2 Hayle Reserves (Tom Morris, Andrew Lilley)

Att - 52

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 9 8 0 1 34 10 24 24

2 ILLOGAN RBL 10 7 1 2 26 19 7 22

3 ST IVES TOWN 9 5 4 0 30 13 17 19

4 MULLION 10 6 1 3 32 22 10 19

5 PENDEEN ROVERS 8 5 2 1 17 11 6 17

6 ST AGNES 7 5 0 2 29 15 14 15

7 WENDRON UNITED 8 5 0 3 21 17 4 15

8 PERRANWELL 9 4 2 3 21 14 7 14

9 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 10 4 2 4 21 21 0 14

10 ST DAY 9 4 2 3 18 18 0 14

11 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 7 4 1 2 19 11 8 13

12 HAYLE RESERVES 9 2 4 3 15 18 -3 10

13 TROON 8 3 0 5 20 18 2 9

14 RNAS CULDROSE 5 2 2 1 9 6 3 8

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 11 2 2 7 16 32 -16 8

16 LUDGVAN 8 2 1 5 17 22 -5 7

17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 12 2 1 9 19 43 -24 7

18 ST JUST 8 2 0 6 12 20 -8 6

19 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 8 1 1 6 13 32 -19 4

20 HOLMAN SC 9 1 0 8 11 38 -27 3

Newquay 6-1 Holman Sports Club

Holman goalscorers - old man Neil Pitt

Att 45

23 from Manchester 12 from Birmingham 6 Liverpudlians all supporting Newquay and 4 from holmans :)

Bit of a big fixture for the two sides occupying the nether regions of the league. Holmans were without a couple of players but to be honest that's normal so we were just happy to have a squad of 13 even though we were without skipper jase blight who is off partying in Spain poor jase doesn't realise it gets a bit nippy this time of year but bless him he's not always been the brightest and as long as he smuggles 3 litres of advocat back in time for Xmas we will all be happy. Newquay appeared to have raided the local primary school for all their players which is right up my street as theirs nothing better for me as an overweight 37 year old non sprinting defender marking someone with lots of pace, energy and enthusiasm...fab!!! :)

Lovely day at mount wise with the sun out little wind and considering the Newquay 1st team played on it last night during the Cornish version of hurricane katrina the pitch was looking pretty immaculate. It was just a bit of a shame that we decided our best gameplan was to punt the ball up to mike "billy wizz" goldsworthy as much as possible but the few times we actually played an ambitious 6yd pass the round ball rolled lovely!!!

Newquay started very brightly and were looking far from the team that had been struggling for the first part of the season and if they had been bolstered by any previous unavailable players it was making a huge difference....to be fair we were making them look good also by not even being in their same postcode when it came to marking but it was no surprise when completely with the run of play the home side took the lead to go 1-0 up. 10min later bobby had a bit of a blonde moment and lost possession which isn't to bad when your upfront but as a centre half it can kinda ruin your day so at 2-0 I was looking up to the sky thinking "here we go again" which after 90 mins hit the nail on the head however on the 35th min we got a corner and I nabbed a 35 yd screamer with my right foot to get us back to 2-1.........ok maybe it wasnt 35yds And was probably 29yds less and it may have cannoned in of my nose as I tripped but other then that goal of the season contender....I'm writing this report so I'm allowed to slightly embellish the truth!!!!

Ht 2-1

So although we had played like the Camborne school netball team we were amazingly still in the game but unfortunately 13 cans of red bull (no jaeger unfortunately but that might be a tactic next week) at half time still couldn't match newquays pace and movement and once the 3rd Newquay goal went in the wind went out of holmans sails quickly a couple of more self inflicted trying to hold on to the ball to long dispossessions followed and Newquay ended up rather running away with it and I will stick my hand up and say they fully deserved it although the final goal which was a 20yd screamer giving Ben Minns no chance was a joy to watch.....well not really a joy for us it was more a sharp stabbing chest pain but for the neutral it was a sky sports plus special.

Full Time 6-1

Holmans entertain kimmos army next week and we welcome the return of jase blight and Adam Selley back to the fold....not out of it yet but Kilimanjaro is starting to look a bit steeper and therefore we are still looking out for any players who fancy a stab at combo football with a friendly club in the near future :)

Newquay 6-1 Holman Sports Club

Holman goalscorers - old man Neil Pitt

Att 45

23 from Manchester 12 from Birmingham 6 Liverpudlians all supporting Newquay and 4 from holmans :)

Bit of a big fixture for the two sides occupying the nether regions of the league. Holmans were without a couple of players but to be honest that's normal so we were just happy to have a squad of 13 even though we were without skipper jase blight who is off partying in Spain poor jase doesn't realise it gets a bit nippy this time of year but bless him he's not always been the brightest and as long as he smuggles 3 litres of advocat back in time for Xmas we will all be happy. Newquay appeared to have raided the local primary school for all their players which is right up my street as theirs nothing better for me as an overweight 37 year old non sprinting defender marking someone with lots of pace, energy and enthusiasm...fab!!! :)

Lovely day at mount wise with the sun out little wind and considering the Newquay 1st team played on it last night during the Cornish version of hurricane katrina the pitch was looking pretty immaculate. It was just a bit of a shame that we decided our best gameplan was to punt the ball up to mike "billy wizz" goldsworthy as much as possible but the few times we actually played an ambitious 6yd pass the round ball rolled lovely!!!

Newquay started very brightly and were looking far from the team that had been struggling for the first part of the season and if they had been bolstered by any previous unavailable players it was making a huge difference....to be fair we were making them look good also by not even being in their same postcode when it came to marking but it was no surprise when completely with the run of play the home side took the lead to go 1-0 up. 10min later bobby had a bit of a blonde moment and lost possession which isn't to bad when your upfront but as a centre half it can kinda ruin your day so at 2-0 I was looking up to the sky thinking "here we go again" which after 90 mins hit the nail on the head however on the 35th min we got a corner and I nabbed a 35 yd screamer with my right foot to get us back to 2-1.........ok maybe it wasnt 35yds And was probably 29yds less and it may have cannoned in of my nose as I tripped but other then that goal of the season contender....I'm writing this report so I'm allowed to slightly embellish the truth!!!!

Ht 2-1

So although we had played like the Camborne school netball team we were amazingly still in the game but unfortunately 13 cans of red bull (no jaeger unfortunately but that might be a tactic next week) at half time still couldn't match newquays pace and movement and once the 3rd Newquay goal went in the wind went out of holmans sails quickly a couple of more self inflicted trying to hold on to the ball to long dispossessions followed and Newquay ended up rather running away with it and I will stick my hand up and say they fully deserved it although the final goal which was a 20yd screamer giving Ben Minns no chance was a joy to watch.....well not really a joy for us it was more a sharp stabbing chest pain but for the neutral it was a sky sports plus special.

Full Time 6-1

Holmans entertain kimmos army next week and we welcome the return of jase blight and Adam Selley back to the fold....not out of it yet but Kilimanjaro is starting to look a bit steeper and therefore we are still looking out for any players who fancy a stab at combo football with a friendly club in the near future :)

Sorry couldn't make it today, having a heavily preggers wife who is unwell sometimes means I miss games, glad the Newquay boys did well and got three points on the board,

Nice report pitty, would like to have met you today.

Falmouth had a let-off at the top of the league last weekend with Illogan losing and St ives only managing a draw. Opens the table up a bit if Falmouth win that game in hand over Illogan.

At the bottom, St Just, Falmouth Athletic and Holmans are looking at a long struggle. All three are suffering from a lack of players and don't seem to be able to find any. porthleven may drop back into the relegation race once mid-week games are finished as they will have to stick to their reserve players as their mid-week imports will be playing for their regular teams.

St Agnes, Wendron, Goonhavern, Culdrose and Ludgvan to creep up the table as the number of games played starts to equal out.

Great result, for kev and the mullion boys. will Illogan change their manager, they have got rid of managers for less!

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 9 8 0 1 34 10 24 24

2 ILLOGAN RBL 10 7 1 2 26 19 7 22

3 ST IVES TOWN 9 5 4 0 30 13 17 19

4 MULLION 10 6 1 3 32 22 10 19

5 PENDEEN ROVERS 8 5 2 1 17 11 6 17

6 ST AGNES 7 5 0 2 29 15 14 15

Looks like he's doing ok to me Winston - granted not a great result but he will learn from it.

Falmouth had a let-off at the top of the league last weekend with Illogan losing and St ives only managing a draw. Opens the table up a bit if Falmouth win that game in hand over Illogan.

At the bottom, St Just, Falmouth Athletic and Holmans are looking at a long struggle. All three are suffering from a lack of players and don't seem to be able to find any. porthleven may drop back into the relegation race once mid-week games are finished as they will have to stick to their reserve players as their mid-week imports will be playing for their regular teams.

St Agnes, Wendron, Goonhavern, Culdrose and Ludgvan to creep up the table as the number of games played starts to equal out.

its still only October and your talking about top of the league and bott,what a load of tripe

i don't think st just are looking at a long struggle ctb, if you look at the league tables over the last few seasons i think you'll find we have always started very slowly but by the end of the year we've done better than average, and we always have a good cup run in one competition or another. and as for finding players, we're very happy with the amount of players we have at the club, as its about quality not quantity!

roll on a clash with the magpies in the senior cup, please!!!!