Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - results for Sat, Oct 6th 2012

Gulval 1 - 4 mawnan

Mawnan goals Shaun rickard 2, Paul smith and Gregg renfree

Gulvals goal was a delicate back heel

Gulval Lino very consistent however not very good

Gulval right winger was described by beaverhead as an effin helmet!!!

Also special mention once more to Daniel buckingham with another 4 assists

Trelawney 1

Rosudgeon 2-5 St Day Res

Could have had this game won inside 10 minutes. But ended the half 4-1 down.

3 very soft goals in the last 10 minutes of first half gave St Day the lead.

Harsh scoreline for us (Rosudgeon) St Day very clinical. Number 9 up front was top class for them today.

Not much between the sides.

Decent bunch St Day. All the best.

Ref......... Dont ask. Both sides will agree!!

Trelawny League Div. 1

Pool Utd 1 .v. Praze an Beeble 1

Tight game with a lot of play to and fro-ing in the midfield. Both sides struggled to gain any impetus or get a passing game going and it became a bit of a battle. Pool Utd had to call in the old guard this week, signing veteran 'keeper Dave Jull to help stem the flow of conceding 14 goals in our last three outings. His experience and organisation of the back four helped no end but neither side looked like scoring for vast parts of the game. Praze scored first when we were playing for offside and a cross into the box was headed home unchallenged by Tony Morley I believe. With time running out we poured forward and won a throw in which Rob Penfold took, the ball was flicked goalwards by Ben Jones and I can't honestly say if it was his goal or if someone from Praze had the final touch for the o.g.

Another point on the board and a better showing than previous weeks, roll on next Saturday. Well refferee'd by Nigel Jewell. All the very best to Praze FC.

Cheers will!

Trelawney 2

Fal Athletic 1-0 Mullion

Scorer was Ben Kellow

A tough game between to hard battling sides. 1st half was nearly all athletic, getting our goal with 10 to go until half time, Ben running on to a ball in from the right to slot home. 2nd half was nearly all mullion who will feel they deserved something out of the game. Some firm defending from athletic the only reason mullion left Dracaena without anything to show for their hard work

Next week for the blues, a nice junior cup trip to Gwinear!

Guest smashing pumpkin

wendron 0 - 3 titans

titans played well today, good in the air, strong in the tackle, good shooting ..not alot of team in div 2 will beat them this season unless titans have an off day.

wendron created chances but nothing to troubling for ryan stephans the titans goalkeeper.

good luck to titans for the rest of the season.

Stithians 3 v 5 west Cornwall

West Cornwalls best performance of the season to date. We started brightly and were soon 2 goals up. To stithians credit they stuck to there task and threatened the west Cornwall defence on several occasions. Some neat passing led to west Cornwalls 3rd and the game looked to be dead and buried.

Not being a side to do things easy we decided to let stithians back into the game and conceded 2 sloppy goals either side of half time at 2-3 the game could of gone either way. Credit to the lads they dug deep and were rewarded with another 2 goals at 2-5 the game was won and was a little disappointed to concede a 3rd. Still some work to do but a step in the right direction.

Would like to wish stithians all the best for the rest of the season

wendron 0 - 3 titans

titans played well today, good in the air, strong in the tackle, good shooting ..not alot of team in div 2 will beat them this season unless titans have an off day.

wendron created chances but nothing to troubling for ryan stephans the titans goalkeeper.

good luck to titans for the rest of the season.

As manager of wendron I agree with above. Beaten by the better team on the day. Came close to getting back to 2-1 which would have made an interesting last 15 minutes and then the third goal killed the game.

Titans will be there or thereabouts - hopefully we can up there with them.

Div 5

Trelander 1 - 8 Marazion Res

Changed our system this week to a 3-5-2 and we did ok for the first 20 mins. Jason (potato said in an Irish accent) O'Sullivan scored the first early on to settle the nerves and then we scored a second soon afterwards with a chip from just outside the area by Dale Vigus. We scored our third just before half time when our 38 yr old centre half, playing as a wing back danced up the line and then his pin point cross was side footed in by Jason for his second. 3-0 at half time seemed a fair reflection of the the first half although Trelander did have a couple of half chances.

Soon after the second half kicked off Trelander won a corner and then the comedy started. The in swinging corner was creeping in at the near post but with a player on the post you would have thought we would clear it comfortably. However, our keeper decided to keep it interesting by punching the defender with a round house in the back of the head making him miss the ball. The keeper then palmed the ball into the back of the net and the score now 3-1. A tactical change was in order so we reverted to our more stable 4-4-2. Thankfully within minutes Liam Mooney restored the three goal advantage and then added another to kill the game. Matty Thomas then scored twice late on, the second a superb run past a couple of defenders, one of which was left on his backside and then a little dink over a committed keeper. Jason wrapped up his hat trick in the last minute. A good result but at times Trelander caused the defence problems which caused a bit of concern. The games was well reffed with only a few minor errors which is only expected. Heard that one of the Trelander players was shown a red card when in the changing room but not sure why.

Eric Sleeman

Danny Taylor (Jack Pinnock)

Jamie Mooney

Adam Martin

Ali Birch

Jason O'Sullivan 3

Dale Vigus. 1

Scott James

Mark Hampton

Matt Thomas 2

Liam Mooney 2

MOM Dale Vigus : class goal and controlled midfield

Funny how madron reserves played but first team couldn't raise a side? How does that work?

Think u will find its nothing to do with not raising a side

I heard their pitch was waterlogged? I heard from a very reliable source they were offered to reverse the venue and declined, that would suggest to me they didnt have a team! Think alot of the local footballers are wondering what on earth is going on at madron over the last few seasons especially after they made a mockery of the last season of mining league!

Wendron 0 Titans 3

Thought wendron played well today nice mixture of players in the team. Titans would relish playing on the main pitch at wendron week in week out absolute quality. Have to say the squad was superb today played some great football at times and Adam brown back after hernia had a quality hat -trick. Shifty you will be up there no problem with that team. This league has good sides in and is wide open.

Soon after the second half kicked off Trelander won a corner and then the comedy started. The in swinging corner was creeping in at the near post but with a player on the post you would have thought we would clear it comfortably. However, our keeper decided to keep it interesting by punching the defender with a round house in the back of the head making him miss the ball. The keeper then palmed the ball into the back of the net and the score now 3-1.

O RLY!......................

Funny how madron reserves played but first team couldn't raise a side? How does that work?

Nothing to do with not being able to raise a side,the league were told some time ago that our pitch would not be available until next weekend but still they went ahead and fixtured us with home games.

Stithians 3 v 5 west Cornwall

West Cornwalls best performance of the season to date. We started brightly and were soon 2 goals up. To stithians credit they stuck to there task and threatened the west Cornwall defence on several occasions. Some neat passing led to west Cornwalls 3rd and the game looked to be dead and buried.

Not being a side to do things easy we decided to let stithians back into the game and conceded 2 sloppy goals either side of half time at 2-3 the game could of gone either way. Credit to the lads they dug deep and were rewarded with another 2 goals at 2-5 the game was won and was a little disappointed to concede a 3rd. Still some work to do but a step in the right direction.

Would like to wish stithians all the best for the rest of the season

Well done to West Cornwall, deserved win, but a very sloppy game from Stithians, sadly we were off the pace from the off. It won't happen again!!

I heard their pitch was waterlogged? I heard from a very reliable source they were offered to reverse the venue and declined, that would suggest to me they didnt have a team! Think alot of the local footballers are wondering what on earth is going on at madron over the last few seasons especially after they made a mockery of the last season of mining league!

Can't comment on the reversed fixture suggestion as not heard about that but as for you to say that Madron made a mockery of the final Mining League season,come on.Yeah they suffered some stupid defeats but they fulfilled every fixture that season.They could've forfeited games and made allsorts of excuses but they turned up week in week out.Surely that's what junior football is all about.How many teams failed to fulfill their quota of fixtures that season so as to miss out on large defeats.Give them a bit of credit for that bud.

Can't comment on the reversed fixture suggestion as not heard about that but as for you to say that Madron made a mockery of the final Mining League season,come on.Yeah they suffered some stupid defeats but they fulfilled every fixture that season.They could've forfeited games and made allsorts of excuses but they turned up week in week out.Surely that's what junior football is all about.How many teams failed to fulfill their quota of fixtures that season so as to miss out on large defeats.Give them a bit of credit for that bud.

Credit for turning up each week, thats a fair point!

Div 5

Trelander 1 - 8 Marazion Res

Changed our system this week to a 3-5-2 and we did ok for the first 20 mins. Jason (potato said in an Irish accent) O'Sullivan scored the first early on to settle the nerves and then we scored a second soon afterwards with a chip from just outside the area by Dale Vigus. We scored our third just before half time when our 38 yr old centre half, playing as a wing back danced up the line and then his pin point cross was side footed in by Jason for his second. 3-0 at half time seemed a fair reflection of the the first half although Trelander did have a couple of half chances.

Soon after the second half kicked off Trelander won a corner and then the comedy started. The in swinging corner was creeping in at the near post but with a player on the post you would have thought we would clear it comfortably. However, our keeper decided to keep it interesting by punching the defender with a round house in the back of the head making him miss the ball. The keeper then palmed the ball into the back of the net and the score now 3-1. A tactical change was in order so we reverted to our more stable 4-4-2. Thankfully within minutes Liam Mooney restored the three goal advantage and then added another to kill the game. Matty Thomas then scored twice late on, the second a superb run past a couple of defenders, one of which was left on his backside and then a little dink over a committed keeper. Jason wrapped up his hat trick in the last minute. A good result but at times Trelander caused the defence problems which caused a bit of concern. The games was well reffed with only a few minor errors which is only expected. Heard that one of the Trelander players was shown a red card when in the changing room but not sure why.

Eric Sleeman

Danny Taylor (Jack Pinnock)

Jamie Mooney

Adam Martin

Ali Birch

Jason O'Sullivan 3

Dale Vigus. 1

Scott James

Mark Hampton

Matt Thomas 2

Liam Mooney 2

MOM Dale Vigus : class goal and controlled midfield

just like 2 say ur a good bunch off guys thanks 4 the game lol the red card still dont now why but the main thing sorry about the pub c u in 2 weeks can u only play with 8 men lol

Gulval 1 - 4 mawnan

Mawnan goals Shaun rickard 2, Paul smith and Gregg renfree

Gulvals goal was a delicate back heel

Gulval Lino very consistent however not very good

Gulval right winger was described by beaverhead as an effin helmet!!!

Also special mention once more to Daniel buckingham with another 4 assists

I spent a pleasant afternoon at St Clare in the sunshine with some Gulval old boys and 3 generations of Stevens'. Both Gulval teams with 14 players today. News of our demise somewhat premature !

Closer game than the scoreline suggested. Mawnan brought some of the experience that had seen them do so well over the years.

Rhondda was lino and was as was better than Patch is giving him credit for. I think he rubs people up the wrong way :c: .

Some promising displays from the Gulval boys but as I said that little bit extra when it mattered from the boys in green, Ref did not have his best game which was dissapointing.

A word about Gregg Renfree, class act on the pitch and off.

Well done Mawnan.

Reserves lost 0-6 at Rosudgeon but New manager Coopsie took a promising bunch of youngsters that just want to play. I know that as long as they keep a regular bunch, that the results will come.

Couldn't be bothered to play this week though could ya? So madron only decided to cancel the game on a Friday even though you knew pitch wasnt available months ago, makes real sense

Think the question is, why isnt the pitch available? Cant be anything to do with cricket surely not!?

As a madron player i can understand everyones frustration but we feel the same,Both sides have had full squads this season but unfortunately our pitch isn't looking healthy at the moment,We were told we had Camborne school of mines at home which was then changed to an away fixture which they couldnt fulfill according to the league,I then heard we were to play Illogan away but they had been given another fixture on the same day?? As far as cricket goes Kash we have a few lads that play but there season is over and Madron dont have a cricket team.It seems to me that the league doesnt seem to be working fixtures out too well at the moment,Our seconds had a free weekend a couple of weeks back and so did St.Ives mariners so we offered to play down at their place and pay for the referee and concede home advantage but the league wouldn't accept that?Our lads are as pissed off as anyone at not playing on a saturday so i'll send apolagies but it seems to be out of our hands,i'm just hoping our chairman and the league can sort themselves out and both sides have a fixture on saturday and hopefully we'll see some of you lads for a game and a pint at some point this season :drink::thumbsup: :smiley20:

Div 2 Culdrose Ressies 2 - St.Ives Ressies 1

Tough game at a windy sports pavilions. Culdrose deserved winners in the end although St. Ives are a decent side and had plenty of chances, all of which were saved by "the cat" Shears!(We're up top next week, yeah!) Cracking second for Culdrose, straight from the corner! Good set of lads at St Ives, all stayed for a few drinks and food afterwards. Well reffed too, no silly cards but he does likes to give a free kick! Wind must have beeen blowing a force 10 by the way no16 was falling down at every challenge! )

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Halsetown Reserves 1 - 2 Cury

No essay write up this week.. we were utterly terrible from 1st minute till the 90th. Nothing good out of the game and all 11 of us need to really question ourselves after this one.

No real quality in the game and all 3 goals came from errors. Fair play to Cury, they came with only 12, and I think one of the lads got injured and swapped with the keeper midway through the second half. But they stuck to their game plan and deserved a win.

Referee clearly like the sound of his own voice and a few soft decisions, but nothing controversial

Good luck to Cury for the rest of the season

Couldn't be bothered to play this week though could ya? So madron only decided to cancel the game on a Friday even though you knew pitch wasnt available months ago, makes real sense

As far as i'm aware,after speaking to Alan our secretary,he said he had made your secretary aware of the cancellation on Thursday. As i stated,the league were notified well in advance of the pitch situation so it was their responsibility to make teams aware of any fixtures that they had arranged,

that they would not be played,It was the leagues **** up not Madrons.

As the second teams manager i have been very frustrated with us having missed the previous 2 weeks of football.Yesterday we played only our third game of the season and with the season almost 2 months old it looks like we'll be playing till June.